Iago Falqué (9 Viewers)

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Fabregas was a kid when he joined Arsenal, 15-16 years old. It's hard to evaluate his potential at that age, except for masters like Wenger.

Iago was 18 years old when Secco brought him. I hope I'm wrong, but hey, the lad is already 20 years old.

The key words here: 15 years old, 18 years old, Wenger and Secco.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
Then why didn’t he feature like Messi when he was 18?

Same coaches..

My point is you can never say that he won’t be world class nor you can say he will sure be. But, the kid seems to have potential to be a good winger. Just give these youngsters faith and they will give all they have.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Messi is a magician. He's one of a kind.

I already said Iago has the potential to be a good squad player. Honestly, I doubt the word 'world class' since he's already 20 years old and couldn't even break into Bari's first team.

However, we share the desire to give youngsters a chance.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007

I already said Iago has the potential to be a good squad player. Honestly, I doubt the word 'world class' since he's already 20 years old and couldn't even break into Bari's first team.

He was never going to be given a chance at Bari. The manager didn't want him.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
But if he has the potential to be a 'world class' player, why would any manager refuse to play him, especially at a club like Bari?

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009

Messi wasn’t a magician at 18. Also, Pedro had a better first season than Messi’s first. Does that mean he will be better?

Don’t judge Yago now.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Relax fellas :D

I said he has the potential to be a good player, I just don't think he'll be world class based on what I've seen in football. I can and hope to be wrong about all of this, though.

Cur, I'm not a stubborn, I just question the usage of 'world class player'.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
From what I've seen of Iago, he has the potential to be a starter for us in the future. But there is a difference between having the potential and actually fulfilling that potential.

We should just stop being against giving younger players the chance. And I believe that young talents should be given the chance in their own team instead of being sent out on loan. Start them sometimes, and sub them in on a regular basis instead of playing old, useless players like Salihamdzic or Grygera. Just look at Pedro, I'm not really that sure that he would have been this successful if he was sent out on a loan to lets say, Zaragoza.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I asked a Spanish guy about Yago when he was about to join and he said that basically he was a good prospect but he didn't think he would turn into a world class player, which is basically what Barcelona strive for from their system. They don't all make it of course, but now and again they do, they have to make a choice and Yago was one they didn't kick up a fuss to keep. Obviously they can only keep so many so they try to judge the better ones. Pedro is a few years older and they could see he was going to be good, then there is Jeffren, Gai Assulin, Jonathan Santos and Thiago Alcántara, who is more of a central playmaker, in the 'B' side. Clearly he believes he has more of a chance of playing here, Fabregas did the same and he was probably right to do so when you see how Iniesta and Xavi have been mainstays of the Barcelona midfield for so long, he wouldn't have progressed so rapidly.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I asked a Spanish guy about Yago when he was about to join and he said that basically he was a good prospect but he didn't think he would turn into a world class player, which is basically what Barcelona strive for from their system. They don't all make it of course, but now and again they do, they have to make a choice and Yago was one they didn't kick up a fuss to keep. Obviously they can only keep so many so they try to judge the better ones. Pedro is a few years older and they could see he was going to be good, then there is Jeffren, Gai Assulin, Jonathan Santos and Thiago Alcántara, who is more of a central playmaker, in the 'B' side. Clearly he believes he has more of a chance of playing here, Fabregas did the same and he was probably right to do so when you see how Iniesta and Xavi have been mainstays of the Barcelona midfield for so long, he wouldn't have progressed so rapidly.
Speaking about all these guys you just talked about. I just read that many of those guys have expiring contracts and that Barcelona have problems giving them contracts.

Alessandro

Sep 13, 2002
We just have to start count on younsters as good subs.
For example in MC position. We have Marchisio, Melo, Momo and Poulsen.
Ok, let's sell 1 of them (I choose Poulsen) and bring in Marrone/Ekdal as 2nd sub and guys will show themself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)