Iago Falqué (63 Viewers)

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Yeah I heard that too Weeds...our brightest youth prospect is currently "plying his trade" in a Primavera for a small club. Thank you Secco for seeing this as an opportunity to have our youth "grow" with playing experience at another team....:disagree:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
Secco should work his arse off to get him back in January, this is ridiculous. He could've played for our first team in the 4-2-3-1 by now.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Exactly, he could have easily given Diego, Camo or Gio a break during games and play for 15-25 minutes, especially against Atalanta :(

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
I think very highly of Iago, and I think that if we give him a proper shot he could solve some of our problems for the wings. Not just on short term, but as a permanent Camo replacement aswell. Why buy one when you already own one?

:xfinger:

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
He could come back in Jan or he could be loaned out again to a serie B club for first team football
I hope we get him back and give him some minutes in Camo's position against lesser opponents. This guy could be big if given the chance...

nabulio

Jan 31, 2008
he was sent to bari to gain first team experience with the A squad if i´m not mistaken, but he barely plays for the bari primavera. you can ask secco whether it was a clever decision, but we should ask iago why he is unable to break into A team as well. so if he isn´t good enough for first team football just bring him back, he was great with the primavera.

Lo-Pan

Disciple of Gonzo
Feb 11, 2009
I am not against loans where our players are used, in the first team, especially if their chances are extremely limited to do so, at Juve...but this is not the case at all with iago...Surely Ciro knew he was going to be playing with attacking midfielders, before the season began. Which gives him mainly Gio/Diego/Camo...And Iago is definitely a candidate to play in ANY of those positions. So the decision to loan him out is very strange indeed. he would have been a far more useful choice to play in those roles, when they have become available, than using De Ceglie or Tiago there.

I cannot understand it any other way than...both Ciro, and Bari's coaching staff don't see anything special about the lad, but then why did they take him in the first place????? he was a star of our primavera...now he is a bit part performer in Bari's primavera. This makes no sense.

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
They should be tried out for Juventus in those roles.. Camo isn't going to last forever. Why not give Iago a proper try at least, in Coppa or easy/already won Serie A games? It's not like we've got plenty of wingers sitting on the bench..

I know you can't just give any youth player a shot in the first team, but surely someone must've noticed this kid got some serious skills.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)