Iago Falqué (115 Viewers)

Jul 9, 2008
I want to see him in Coppa Italia .. we should be like Barcelona in giving these youth & promising players some chances ..

Juventus Primavera is among the best in Italy with atalanta, Parma and Roma .. the best in Europe with Barca & Manchester ..

Forza Iago .. :vinny:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Not sure if this has been posted before, but here we go.

Saturday, 27 December 2008
Iago: "Rivaldo was at the level as Ronaldinho"
Former Barcelona Atlètic and current Juventus player Iago Falqué gave an interview to Madrid sports tabloid As.

How is football in Italy?
Very different compared to Spain, starting with how young players are treated. You will hardly see boys of 18 years old playing with the first team unless they are real phenomenons. They put the emphasis on the fact that you should be well-prepared and that you need time to get there.

Which doesn't seem a bad thing to me. It's good to go step by step.
Indeed, and I have a lot of time: I signed for four years.

What about the game?
The tactical part is the most important one. Games are very carefully prepared. With attention for the little details, there's nothing that isn't discussed. In Spain, they don't work that much on the tactical aspect, there's more freedom, above all in the defense. Here they defend with eleven players. It's football and chess at the same time. It's just a totally different game. The mixture of both styles will sure make me a better player.

Which teammate has impressed you most?
Pavel Nedved. Of course, the fourteen years that Del Piero has been at the club isn't nothing and the day I sat by his side in the dressingroom, I got emotional. But the Czech is impressive: he's 36 years old and he has won everything but he still has the same desire and ambition as the first day. He plays ninety minutes, Sunday, Wednesday, Sunday.

What about Buffon?
I don't see him a lot. Since he's injured we meet almost never. But when we do, he always slaps my shoulder and greets me. It seems a good guy and he behaves the same with me as with the other teammates: well-mannered and always encouraging. None of the players behave like a star.

How are the fans? The press?
The fans are very passionate, I think it's comparable like in Spain. And the press puts a lot of pressure, also like in Spain. You have several sports papers, the general papers are also focusing on football, radio stations, television channels... This isn't England where a journalist appears every now and then. Here, there's pressure if you lose. And Juventus is the number one club in Italy...

But not in Turin, which is very strange.
Yes, Torino has more fans in Turin than Juventus. It's a historical thing since Torino had the first great Italian team. The memory remains and they are still loved by a lot of people.

Who was your idol when you were young?
Rivaldo. An extraordinary player who hasn't been treated fairly in Spain. For me he was at the same level as the best Ronaldinho... or even better. But he played in a Barça that wasn't as good as the team of today and he paid for that. But what a player!

What do people in Italy think about the Spanish league? They consider Barça to be far ahead of the other teams?
Well, the day they played against Madrid, that didn't seem to be the case to me. It wasn't easy for Madrid to play that game with that many non-available players, with a new coach. Of course Barça was superior, but I have the feeling that it's Messi who is superior, he makes the difference. And when Barça loses him one day, they will have a bad time because he's the one who decides the games. They are the favourites for the league title - saying otherwise would be strange if you look at the table - but there's a lot of season left. The reasonable thing is to wait and see how it will turn out.

What about the Spanish national team?
The Italians don't put in doubt the superiority and the quality of Spain. We won the European championship by playing football, not by speculating like Greece in 2004. Even the last fifteen minutes of the final Germany wasn't able to attack! Even then the chances were ours. What a tournament we played...

You could take part in the European Championship Under-19 and the World Cup Under-20 this season.
I would like to play both tournaments but the competition is realy strong and I'll have to fight for my spot.

http://fcbtransfers.blogspot.com/2008/12/iago-rivaldo-was-at-level-as-ronaldinho.html

there are. in some loan contracts the 2 teams agree a minimum number of matches that the player must be in the starting 11. if he plays less matches, then the club who loaned the player should pay a fee to the club that owns the player...
Yeah, which means there's still no guarantee he'll start... :shifty:

Wahdan

Ace of Spades
Mar 14, 2009
It's a good move. I don't why people are opposing it.

In Juve it's impossible to play having Diego, Giovinco and Del Piero(In case Diego and Gio injured) for the trequarista position. So, he will only play in the Coppa's first rounds.

So, why don't we loan him out to Bari and have way more playing time. I trust his abilities; surely he will be a starter there.

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
Juventus: Yago in prestito al Bari

Il giovane spagnolo andrà a farsi le ossa da Ventura.
Yago va al Bari per un anno, anche Almiron in prestito.
Il giovane Yago, diciannovenne spagnolo di Vigo, andrà a farsi le ossa nel Bari. La Juventus lo lascerà un anno in Puglia per permettergli di giocare. Appena Almiron si rimetterà dall’infortunio, proverà poi a piazzare anche lui. Yago è reduce dall’ottima prestazione offerta nel Trofeo Tim dove ha servito un assist ad Amauri.

Il ragazzo cresciuto nel vivaio del Barcellona ha grandi ambizioni: «Mi piace giocare trequartista - ha detto -. Il mio modello? Del Piero è quello che ha più esperienza di tutti, Diego è appena arrivato, ma secondo me è più forte di Kakà. Poi c’è Giovinco che sarà la stella del futuro. Insomma la concorrenza non manca».
(La Stampa)

Almiron and Yago are both going on a one year loan to Bari. Yago said: 'I like to play as an attacking midfielder. My idol? Del Piero is the one with most experience, Diego has just arrived, but for me is stronger than Kaka. Then there is Giovinco who will be the star in the future.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
It's a good move. I don't why people are opposing it.

In Juve it's impossible to play having Diego, Giovinco and Del Piero(In case Diego and Gio injured) for the trequarista position. So, he will only play in the Coppa's first rounds.

So, why don't we loan him out to Bari and have way more playing time. I trust his abilities; surely he will be a starter there.
Some people are against loaning in general. They have their own reasons. I for one think loaning is a good move if the player has no chance of getting into the first team. As of now our midfield is packed and there'll be no space in it for Yago. Maybe next year.

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
Almiron and Yago are both going on a one year loan to Bari. Yago said: 'I like to play as an attacking midfielder. My idol? Del Piero is the one with most experience, Diego has just arrived, but for me is stronger than Kaka. Then there is Giovinco who will be the star in the future.
:xfinger:

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
He is being loaned out to a Serie A team, says alot about his talent, because everyone else are dumped in that hellhole that is Serie B.

And indeed, it would be nice keeping him, but realistically speaking, if his option is being on the stands waiting for 2-3 players to get injured, while playing primavera footie all the time, then playing in a little team like Bari who are DESPERATE for quality, is a good opportunity for him.

pitbull

Jul 26, 2007
Well that explains why he isn't in the squad list for Berlusca cup. Good luck with Bari, hopefully the spaniard will learn a bit more about that chess football under Gampiero Ventura - definetly not a top class coach, but one of the most expierienced in italian football.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
I know some people in here have some kind of vendetta against the 4-2-3-1 but in a few years if Yago and Giovinco's develops in the right direction we could be playing something like this.

Amauri

Giovinco - Diego - Yago​

:weee:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 115)