I want to cut Juventus of my life (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
Just remind yourself the group of players you loved watching as a kid are long gone

The league will never be top again

& the modern versions of the quality of players you used to love watching will never choose us over the dozen clubs who will pay them more in a better league.

OP
DelpieroForLife
Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #6
    Just remind yourself the group of players you loved watching as a kid are long gone

The league will never be top again

& the modern versions of the quality of players you used to love watching will never choose us over the dozen clubs who will pay them more in a better league.
    I started supporting Juventus during the 1995/1996 season. As you know, the team was easily the most explosive force in European the following years. The current club feels nothing like that, it’s not only the disgusting brand of football we play recently. Everything else feels off, with only negative outcome on my life.

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Yeah it's shit

Zero entertainment value in watching this Juve and the gap between us and the oil money AND the entire premier league is probably too big to ever close.

Just gotta do what I do and ignore the games unless you really have nothing else to do on match day.

Maybe every 5 years you'll be pleasantly surprised that Juve no longer spend 80 minutes defending a 0-0 against a team worth 20 million euros

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #10
    Yeah it's shit

Zero entertainment value in watching this Juve and the gap between us and the oil money AND the entire premier league is probably too big to ever close.

Just gotta do what I do and ignore the games unless you really have nothing else to do on match day.

Maybe every 5 years you'll be pleasantly surprised that Juve no longer spend 80 minutes defending a 0-0 against a team worth 20 million euros
    The entertainment value is a big part of it; I mean why stick to something with little to no expected-reward?
    Would I have chosen to support the team with the black and white stripes if they played this way in 96? Fino alla fine my ass, I would easily go for the best brand football/ most charismatic footballers. We have none, and very little hope of any.

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
    The entertainment value is a big part of it; I mean why stick to something with little to no expected-reward?
    Would I have chosen to support the team with the black and white stripes if they played this way in 96? Fino alla fine my ass, I would easily go for the best brand football/ most charismatic footballers. We have none, and very little hope of any.
    Do you enjoy watching man city play?

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
    Oct 2, 2013
    Gotta do what you gotta do

I could never switch teams so I just largely lost interest in football

I tune in to the big games just in the hopes that I see some good football. Other than that, don't care.

Kinda glad in a way. Following any sport religiously is one of the most unproductive time sinks you can possibly think of

You gain absolutely nothing from it & it's never ending.

OP
    DelpieroForLife
    Dec 26, 2004
  • Thread Starter #16
    Gotta do what you gotta do

I could never switch teams so I just largely lost interest in football

I tune in to the big games just in the hopes that I see some good football. Other than that, don't care.

Kinda glad in a way. Following any sport religiously is one of the most unproductive time sinks you can possibly think of

You gain absolutely nothing from it & it's never ending.
    It is indeed unproductive, I wouldn’t discount it altogether if the entertainment bit is there. But once this reward is lost, it turns into literally time killing.
    Same boat about switching sides, I mean say hypothetically I switch to team B, they win the CL the following year. I can’t start to imagine the scenario, and when I do I find zero satisfaction in it.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
    I've been a fan since '99. Started following more in 2001 I think.

I always tried to get into minor details, whether that's friendlies or even (especially) transfer windows. I always it exciting because I always expected something exciting. Not this season. I watched around 2-3 matches this season. Do I regret it? Absolutely not. This Juventus is beyond horrible and Allegri makes it 20x worse.

Will I stop supporting? Nope. Probably never. But I won't go back to watching Juventus until I see there's some improvement. If Allegri sticks next season I doubt I'll watch more than 5 matches. Juve matches are equal to the worst boredom, it actually pains. Spending that time elsewhere is more valuable.

Lastly, this club doesn't deserve (so many) fans based on how shit they take care of the club.

Tak!

Jun 23, 2011
    Quitting is easy, especially if you've already become detached. Just stop searching for news and watching games. Enjoy the spare time doing something else. That is the hard part, what will you do with all that free time generated from stopping old habits? Listen to podcasts? Read books? Depending on circumstances in the workplace, I don't know what impact it would have.
    If you still wanna watch football but want to watch something "genuine" it may be more difficult since football has been ruined by FIFA and UEFA. Maybe a German team.
    I hate loyalty, I want trustworthy people and organizations but loyalty is bad for you and bad for everyone else. If you are sticking around due to loyalty then stop it. If you are sticking around due to habits then I'll understand you. If it is for love is understandable too. For me it's habits, some love (goes up and down) and consequentially because I care. It hurts but I still care about this club. With the old management gone I hope we can pick up something I really liked with this club. Lo stile Juve. We had class. Inter and everyone else can complain all they want in the rain. We pick ourselves up in the rain, walk home, soak up and come back with new determination. The endless bantering by our old management hurt a lot towards the end. Complaints about referee and the rest is for us and media, not players, staff and management. They should focus on what they can do and no give a sh** about the rest. Let others speak for them.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)