"I support Muslims who love freedom" (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
except theres more chances of people speaking english in those countries than the rest. french is dead.
Belgium would be a good example. We study French here for years, but when given the choice almost every native dutch speaker would prefer English. Neither Canada nor Switzerland have French as their most important language and those who speak it also speak English. The only countries I'd do it for are France (level of English there is really poor) and some parts of Africa, though I believe that in the latter you'd often do just as well with English.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Belgium would be a good example. We study French here for years, but when given the choice almost every native dutch speaker would prefer English. Neither Canada nor Switzerland have French as their most important language and those who speak it also speak English. The only countries I'd do it for are France (level of English there is really poor) and some parts of Africa, though I believe that in the latter you'd often do just as well with English.
There is quite the obsession with learning french here in mexico. It's kind of strange because it's fairly useless as a language, compared to German or english (at least in Mexico).

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
German is useful in Mexico?
Yep, there is a large population of Germans living in the region where I live (Puebla/Tlaxcala) and there has been a lot of german investment in the last 10 years in the aerospace and manufacturing industries. So if you're a Mexican businessman or politician looking to lure german businesses to your town, it makes sense to learn german or at least english.

Also, a lot of Germans come to mexico to study for advanced degrees. Whenever I got out in Puebla or Cholula, I'm usually out with a bunch of Germans.

Lapa

FLY, EAGLES FLY
Sep 29, 2008
Only thing that make sense is that all of you abandon Islam and become atheists.

--

Yea yea Salvo, Rab and X, I will leave this thread right away and never come back again. You have my word. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)