"I support Muslims who love freedom" (5 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Religion is entirely a product of its times and environment. No question. There's a reason why Zoroasters and Sumerians are harder to come by these days.
Aye What do you think twitter says about us and our times?

ßöмßäяðîëя;2774671 said:
Wrong, Muslim, Fundamentalist Christian, and Hindu parents tend to be much more traditional and anti-progressive.
India is an emerging power and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world while the United States is a falling super power. Which among the two are reverse progressing? India with it's billion Hindu's and Muslims or the Christians, Atheists/Agnostics of the United States?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
India is an emerging power and has one of the fastest growing economies in the world while the United States is a falling super power. Which among the two are reverse progressing? India with it's billion Hindu's and Muslims or the Christians, Atheists/Agnostics of the United States?
The "growth" of India's economy is not really due to religion.

Oh, and the word is regressing.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;2774695 said:
You measure religious stature by GDP?

Okay, well China is number 2 in GDP and they have barely any religion, and no state religion. There are quite a few agnostics there....
No, you didn't get my point. You said that tradition and religion are against progression. I was trying to point out that the same people you were talking about are progressing.

China? Yeah, they don't care about traditions at all :shifty:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I know what you're trying to imply, but be careful. There's ample cultural evidence that the more a country's GDP, the less religious it gets.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Aye What do you think twitter says about us and our times?

We have become a decadent society over here, but it's not because of a lack of religion. We still have the same old God, Gays and Guns crew like we always did.

I know what you're trying to imply, but be careful. There's ample cultural evidence that the more a country's GDP, the less religious it gets.
That's what I was going to say.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
I think all this is a bit more complex. Burke made a sweeping statement as if it's a fact that having traditions and religion equal no progress. I come from a community and family that has produced some the greatest leaders and scientists of our time so I can't accept that just because he saw a bearded lunatic do on the news is all of a sudden a general fact across the world.

We have become a decadent society over here, but it's not because of a lack of religion. We still have the same old God, Gays and Guns crew like we always did.
Right, I agree. I think it's corruption in their religion.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I think all this is a bit more complex. Burke made a sweeping statement as if it's a fact that having traditions and religion equal no progress. I come from a community and family that has produced some the greatest leaders and scientists of our time so I can't accept that just because he saw a bearded lunatic do on the news is all of a sudden a general fact across the world. .
I think I toned out after you said "Burke", not seeing the rationale to read on. :D

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
ßöмßäяðîëя;2774449 said:
The entire Mid East has religion forced upon them.
ßöмßäяðîëя;2774567 said:
It's a fact. You are a Muslim because your parents are, without them, or the region in which you live, you would most certainly not be a Muslim.

Fact.
Opinions turn facts easily these days.:shifty:

What is only fact in your statement is that his parents are really Muslims,now that's fact,but how could you know that his parents stood with pistol over his head and forced him to accept Islam.

I'm a Muslim beacuse i believe in it,now being born in a muslim society that indeed helped me to know Islam but not to accept it.

and BTW,one of the players in your favorite Bayern Munich is a Muslim whose parents aren't muslims and you know his name very well.

It's just strange how westerns think that Islam grew through compulsion,if so then how could Muhammad (in the very beginning of Islam when he was the only Muslim on Earth) force the people around him to embrace Islam?

I mean how can a man sololy force a group of people to accept his ideology?

ßöмßäяðîëя;2774651 said:
Serious question:

Do you guys REALLY think you are a bad person/Muslim if you eat pork?
Have you ever asked yourself why things like pig meat,Alcohol,cigarettes are prohibited in Islam?

The answer is because of their bad effects,that's it.

So if my doctor advised me to stop drinking coke because it harms me,then it becomes prohibited for me.Healthy diet is a big issue in Islam as well as food hygiene and i don't see anything wrong in that.

It's all about health,and the same thing goes for pork.

As for you Q,i say if a Muslim eats or drinks a harmful thing to his heath then he/she is committing a sin cos he is simply harming himself,and i see this is logical.But it's not a logic to judge a person depending upon just one deed,so no one ever can say when a Muslim eats pork he becomes a bad person.

Now let me ask you a question,

we all agree here whether muslims or non-muslims that muslim countries are backward,and that what is really a fact.So my question is,

Do you think Islam is the main reason and cause behind the backwardness of the muslim countries?

Gamaro

The Arabian Knight
Aug 6, 2007
You are not getting my point,what i said when anything becomes harmful then it's a sin to have it.

For myself coca cola is not a sin cos it doesn't harm me,but surely there are people who are a dvised by doctors to stop drinking it,then at that time it becomes a sin cos there will be a harm

It is all about health.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
You are not getting my point,what i said when anything becomes harmful then it's a sin to have it.

For myself coca cola is not a sin cos it doesn't harm me,but surely there are people who are a dvised by doctors to stop drinking it,then at that time it becomes a sin cos there will be a harm

It is all about health.
Coke is harmful in the long run. If you're saying it doesn't count because it's not harmful in short term use, then it's the same for alcohol.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

It is all about health.
Is the lack of pork about it being a eater of trash and things that are unclean in the past?

Today, the health effects of eating pork are no different that beef or chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 5)