I just got this E-Mail, it is great. (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
But how could you detonate a bomb using the a media player :p?
Pah, nowadays there's millions of people out there who genuinely believe you can make a 747 explode with toothpaste. Why shouldn't they believe you can detonate a bomb using a media player?

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Oh the sum includes the suckers who basically drop their pants as they enter the aiport because 'we need these measures against the terrorists'

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
I don't think there are that many of them, I also think the vast majority of us call the bluff, but you got no choice if you want to get on that flight.

If kids grow up in this indoctrination though, that's bad. But most are old enough to know that times were no more dangerous in the past and they're no more secure now with all this bs.

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
I don't think there are that many of them, I also think the vast majority of us call the bluff, but you got no choice if you want to get on that flight.

If kids grow up in this indoctrination though, that's bad. But most are old enough to know that times were no more dangerous in the past and they're no more secure now with all this bs.
I think all these actions have had effect. After all we almost haven't had any attacks since 9/11 but have stopped several many of whom we haven't heard of.

I'm against these rigorous safety measures for psychological reasons. We're more and more going towards a society of control à la George Orwell. This doesn't only apply to terrorism people are also afraid to leave their children at school beacuse "there are so many strange men around these days". When I was in USA the children at the family I stayed in weren't allowed to eat the candy they got when they were trick-or-treating once again because there were "so many strange people around these days".
We're building a tower of security around our countries, houses, families and even ourselves. We might be protecting our buildings and bodies but our minds are only more vulnerable. Once something happens the fall is only going to be higher and more dangerous. Psychiatry is a future business.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)