I Deserve some credit (Blasi) (1 Viewer)

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
++ [ originally posted by lestat_1987 ] ++
The times he was called for the NT, he played in midfield and I thinks that´s where Lippi rates him. Italy has problems at RB but I thinks its to early to compare Blasi with Bonera,Oddo,etc.
well it is too early yet, but i had the same thoughts as the posts above+

wouldnt it be nice a Nesta+ all juve backline?

gigi-zambro, canna, nesta, blasi

:D

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
he made one mistake in the first half which he recovered himself, other than that i was impressed, stankovic did nothing even figo switched onto him for a while, figo was subbed, recoba came on and looked dangerous but blasi blocked him out for corners most times.

i would not say he was exceptional but def not shaky he was effective and solid imo.( after all it took zabrotta some time to develop into a quality LB)

after all he is only learning this position give him time to develop, come the summer he could be first choice RB at juve and italy

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Against Inter, Blasi was about as effective as, say, Pessotto might have been.

So I take some of my original credit back. :D

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
He did a VERY good sliding tackle to prevent Adriano from starting a counter attack halfway during the first half, and he was very good in defense for the rest of the match as well. Stankovic was never in a dangerous during the entire match.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
what I like about Blasi, when we messes up...he quickly tries to make up his mistake and runs after the ball. we have some players that just watch after they lose a ball

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Good way of putting it. Blasi made mistakes where he got out of position, but he made up for it by some nicely-timed, nicely-leveraged lunging tackles to break up the play.

However, having to rely on that is hardly a safety net and makes me a wee bit too nervous if it will have to regularly come to that.

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
Blasi's limitation may hinder us, especially if he makes a mistake in the penalty box. I still can't say that about his abilities, yet, even though he had good performances against Inter.

Aug 1, 2003
I didnt agree with Blasi staying at Juventus as DM as I felt that he was fairly incompetent... However I really like him as RB (though his defensive skills need a bit of touching up IMO). I hope he'll be consistent in his good form and develop into a better player. Good luck Blasi!

Aug 1, 2003
I just see him still making some stupid errors in defence, thats all. Hes not super like Zambro but from that position most of his crosses are pretty good and I do think given more time he is able to polish up on his runs and so on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)