I Deserve some credit (Blasi) (1 Viewer)

OP

Diobaggio

May 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #42
    guys...the thing u seem to forget is that Mr Capello rates Blasi highly....I think he understands football a little more than us

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Diobaggio ] ++
    guys...the thing u seem to forget is that Mr Capello rates Blasi highly....I think he understands football a little more than us
    But that doesn't mean that he is neceesarily right, Capello mayybe a great coach but there are certainly some aspects in which his weakness is highlighted.

And Blasi did a great job against Brugge and Ascoli, 2 teams that aren't as strong as each other Juz becos he did a good or great job in these 2 games as some of u mentioned, u ppl claim that he is a good RB. Please the real test for Blasi is juz starting, against Udinese. Di Michele will probably be starting as a left-sided player, let's see how good he performs for us during that match.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Diobaggio ] ++
    How do you know that for sure...what constitutes understanding a topic in football when something has not been proven yet? Has Blasi proven that he is a good enough right-back for Juventus yet? I don't think so because he has not really been tested. Once we play a similar opponent we can discuss how competent of a player Blasi is and whether Capello was right or not.

Apr 12, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

How do you know that for sure...what constitutes understanding a topic in football when something has not been proven yet? Has Blasi proven that he is a good enough right-back for Juventus yet? I don't think so because he has not really been tested. Once we play a similar opponent we can discuss how competent of a player Blasi is and whether Capello was right or not.
    I saw him play in the replay of the Ascoli match, and he did not impress me that much.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
    He wasn't brilliant, but he did enough. I think Blasi's character on the pitch suits hi well at right back. He's got a bit of pace and quickness and he makes goodtackles.
    I can't say that he's good but he has played sufficiently at RB, we'll see if he gets the ok to start against Udinese, our real first battle.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well i think he will do alrite in the long run... however the only thing that concerns me about blasi in defense is that he doesnt give the best challenges, so he a little clumsy at times.So that means more free kicks around the area and sometimes more penalties

OP

Diobaggio

May 5, 2005
  • Thread Starter #49
    you guys have to remember that a moderately talented midfielder can look like a talented defender

good technique and passing becomes less important in defence

i am sure Blasi used to play right-wing back for Perugia, and that is when he started to get high price tags put on his head

i agree tho.... once he does it against good teams we can start to get excited

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
    some background, its about a week old. i wonder if we will see Mutu as a rightback, or maybe Abbiati after Gigi comes back? :D

"Capello was without a host of star players, especially in defence, and experimented with Manuele Blasi at right-back instead of the expected Federico Balzaretti.

“Balzaretti became a father today and did not sleep well last night because his wife was in labour. He was very stressed, so it was best to leave him in the stands today. Blasi has been tested in that position a few times in training and it could be a good future role for him, or for other players. I won’t say more than that.”

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    I don't know if Blasi wants to play right back. If he keeps focussing on that position for the next year he may become good at it, but if his primary position stays defensive midfielder then maybe Balzaretti id the preffered Zebina sub.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
    Well, he has been called up to the NT as a midfielder, so he could still get a place if it doesn't work out. Italy's weakest position by far is right back, Bonera, Oddo, Panucci and Zaccardo are all not good enough.

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    Well, he has been called up to the NT as a midfielder, so he could still get a place if it doesn't work out. Italy's weakest position by far is right back, Bonera, Oddo, Panucci and Zaccardo are all not good enough.
    My bad.
    You are right. You are right. You are right.

aman

Feb 9, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Mr. Gol ] ++
    I agree. If he continues to play RB for Juve, he might very well be called up for the WC. Right now it seems like Bonera and Zaccardo will be called up for that spot, but I'd rather see Oddo and perhaps Blasi if he continues to do well. His versatility - being able to play in two different positions - will increase his chanses of getting called up.

It will be interesting to see what happens. He's only played 3 matches as RB though so it's way too early to draw any conclusions on whether he will become a world class RB or be called up for the WC.

sateeh

Day Walker
    Jul 28, 2003
    well the RB position is one of the positions up for dibbs at the moment and i tthink if he plays good enough there to get a call up.
    zaccardo is just plain bad, bonera is injured, panucci is old and tongue isnt helping him a bit with lippi, and oddo is out of form soo unless lippi is willing to shift zambro right and play grosso , i see blasi as a candidate of the future if he keeps up his good games.

lestat_1987

Aug 31, 2005
    The times he was called for the NT, he played in midfield and I thinks that´s where Lippi rates him. Italy has problems at RB but I thinks its to early to compare Blasi with Bonera,Oddo,etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)