Hugo Viana?? (1 Viewer)

Jul 19, 2003
From sports.it

La Juve offre Tudor e Iuliano per Viana
07 07 2004

La Juve è al lavoro per trovare una sistemazione per Igor Tudor e Mark Iuliano. La prima trattativa seria s'è aperta con il Newcastle. I bianconeri hanno proposto i due difensori ai Magpies in cambio dell'under21 portoghese Hugo Miguel Viana, centrocampista. Il Newcastle, però, vuole anche soldi.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Translation from systransoft.com:

The Juve offers Tudor and Iuliano for Viana 07 07 2004

The Juve is to the job in order to find one sistemazione for
Igor Tudor and Mark Iuliano. The first serious negotiation s' is
opened with the Newcastle. The bianconeri have proposed the two
defenders to the Magpies in exchange of under21 the portuguese Hugo
Miguel Viana, centrocampista. The Newcastle, but, wants also moneies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.......so Juve offered Tudor and Iuliano for Viana.......but Newcastle wants money as well.

I haven't seen much of Viana, but I hear he's quite talented.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, Iuliano is basically worth 2 cents so its really tudor and money.

Viana is a good player. i think he made a mistake joining newcastle as it really didnt help him develop much. But he is a good midfielder nonetheless.

what does concern me is that we do have maresca, who could be said to be similar to viana. what happens to him?

how much money involved in the deal also?

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
well, Tudor is a quality centre back who can also play in midfield..well, lippi thoght so anyway:down:. he is only 26 years old as well...injury prone or not, Tudor is worth at least 5 million one would think. Iuliano is seriously worth nothing.

i would give max 5 million euros on top.

but to be honest, why would Capello or Moggi even go for Viana when Maresca is already at the club?

Juve hasnt got a lot of cash to spend, and yet, they want to sell quality players and replace them others who are not as good. Viana isnt as good as maresca.

it doesnt make much sense really.

The Arif

Jan 31, 2004
i've seen viana a couple of games play, and i havent been impressed so much with him. but he's young and still has a lot to learn. but, tudor and iuliano plus magpies want money?

HELL NO!

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
It would be great to have Viana on the bench. With Kapo and Viana we would have great alternatives on the bench, who can always add something new to our team. Kind of Cassano for Italy or so.
And....Viana is not like Maresca. Viana is more attacking and Maresca can as well play in DM.

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++
i've seen viana a couple of games play, and i havent been impressed so much with him. but he's young and still has a lot to learn. but, tudor and iuliano plus magpies want money?

HELL NO!
Well, I am sure Newcastle don't want that much money, Tudor and Iuliano won't be part of our team so or so next year, so I think we should really nmake that deal. Go for it Moggi!

Juventino

Jul 27, 2002
Viana is a talented player no doubt about it...
He hasn't really got a fair chance showing what he can do with NUFC!

During the U21 championship he was a starter, after the first game he got benched and was used as a sub! (if my memory serves me right)

I don't think Juve is in need of a player like him!

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Arif ] ++

welcome to the real world.
:LOL:

on my total club manager, micheal owen is the best striker in the game.

our survery says:?

SORRY!

Sid

Nov 10, 2003
++ [ originally posted by juventus2 ] ++
Hugo Viana's the best young LM in Total Club Manager 2004
well then, we might as well go and get Motta and Salgado because both of 'em play well in CM:rolleyes::lazy:

s0ftcore

Jul 13, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Adrian ] ++
well, Iuliano is basically worth 2 cents so its really tudor and money.

Viana is a good player. i think he made a mistake joining newcastle as it really didnt help him develop much. But he is a good midfielder nonetheless.

what does concern me is that we do have maresca, who could be said to be similar to viana. what happens to him?

how much money involved in the deal also?
Maresca is more complete than Viana. But Viana should fit in a league which isn't that fast-paced. Viana's best assest is his passing ability. I think he's better than Pirlo in terms of passing ability. But Viana is not a modern midfielder who can help in with the tackling etc, so that's one negative side of him.

If you put Viana in place of Pirlo at the Milan line-up, I think it would work well for him. Having good defensive midfield cover from the likes of Gattuso is what a player likes him needs. THe reason why he's sh1t at newcastle is because they don't have a proper harrier-type midfield to play next to him. In fact, Bobby Robson sees Viana as Gary Speed's replacement - which means he's expecting Viana to do the hardwork.

Somebody mentioned about there's no place for EPL rejects. I wonder what happened to Jon Dahl Tomasson. I think Viana will make it big if he plays more games. At the moment, he aint getting opportunities at NEwcastle which is quite saddening because he's the only midfielder there who can pass.

My 2 cents, as a newcastle fan. :D

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Viana is a talented youngster, no doubt about it, but is this deal worth it? I have no problem with showing Iuliano the way out, but Tudor is a pretty solid centre-back, capable of playing in midfield. Unfortunately he's always injured and never got alot of opportunities under Lippi. Though Viana is different to Maresca and Kapo I think they can cover for Nedved pretty effectively. In other words, we don't need Viana.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
:undecide:

I'd go for this one IF it includes no money and IF we can manage to get two new CBs (Cannavaro and someone else who's really good...)

Jul 28, 2002
right now a fair deal imo is a luliano+cash and viana swap...but thats still a naff deal really, unless we give very little cash.

Viana has been poo at newcastle but thats cos he cant play his real position.

Luliano is just luliano..

a fair deal it is.

Jul 12, 2002
I say do it. We need some creativity and skill in midfield, and we don't need Iuliano or Tudor. Makes perfect sense.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)