Hugo Campagnaro (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Week ago I thought this rumor is just media bullshit but we're being linked with more and more often. :tdown:

I agree we need new DC but not another average one FFS!What the hell is wrong with our staff?

We should buy someone good or even world class defender but if we can't we should NOT get anyone at that position!We have enough of solid and average ones already.

Buy on AliExpress.com

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
May 25, 2004
I'm really confused. This so-called unknown players are yet to prove themselves. Still, sometimes we're amazed by what an unknown player could achieve. Look at Stendardo We were skeptical about his arrival then he turned to be a good acquisition.

OP
Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #5
    Stendardo is nothing more then average player as well.

He's overrated and overpriced.

He played 4 games here pretty solid but people here think he's God or something.

May 7, 2008
    i think stendardo is no more then a bench player for the calibre that juve shud be aiming for... hopefully stendardo will go back to lazio at the end of the season...

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
    Stendardo is nothing more then average player as well.

He's overrated and overpriced.

He played 4 games here pretty solid but people here think he's God or something.
    Overpriced yes (lazio have given him this horrendous price tag) but overrated, i'm not quite sure. He was solid in every appearance he had with us. few to no mistakes... and considering the fact that solid defenders at that age (good mix out of experience and freshness) are quite rare on the market, i would not immediately write him off. we'll see how lazio thinks about it, because it's their choice really. there's no way we'll hold him for those, what? 15 mio?

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005
    Being linked with him over and over again does not mean that we've actaully shown interest.We've been linked to Gilardino mutiple times,but i doubt if we've shown any genuine interest in the guy.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #10
    Overpriced yes (lazio have given him this horrendous price tag) but overrated, i'm not quite sure. He was solid in every appearance he had with us. few to no mistakes... and considering the fact that solid defenders at that age (good mix out of experience and freshness) are quite rare on the market, i would not immediately write him off. we'll see how lazio thinks about it, because it's their choice really. there's no way we'll hold him for those, what? 15 mio?
    Yes he played all games with maybe one mistake.Yet again how many times did he play?Like 4-5 times?I'm not going to say he's good defender based on that ridiculous number.He didn't show anything special at Lazio so far did he?He was rathe poor.I think he's overrated on this forum.
    Why not go for someone like Zapata who's consistent and has potential to be one of the best defenders in Serie A in couple years of time?

His price is just a joke.Nothing more nothing less.They want 8mln pounds for him.Then also,price is not everything.There's no way our staff (no matter how retarded they really are) are going to spend that amount of money.We'll probably give them some players that they want...like Almiron,Palladino or Lanzafame but I just don't see the point of that.He's just average player in my books and since we have a lot of players of his quality I'd pass on this one.

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #11
    Being linked with him over and over again does not mean that we've actaully shown interest.We've been linked to Gilardino mutiple times,but i doubt if we've shown any genuine interest in the guy.
    Well I think we were after him.

I didn't say we're going to sign him or something but in case we do want him it's better to discuss in here then some other threads.

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Somebody ought to make a random player name generator that could create new transfer rumor threads here on a regular basis. Some days it seems like they already have...

zizoufan

Z.Z T h e M a s t e r
    May 25, 2004
    Well, Stendardo played just 4 times and was up to the task. That is one feature of a good player. Don't get me wrong on that one. Look how many chances tiago was given !!!!

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #14
    Well, Stendardo played just 4 times and was up to the task. That is one feature of a good player. Don't get me wrong on that one. Look how many chances tiago was given !!!!
    Feature of a good player?Well he's not 20 years old.

This was Tiago's first year in Italy while Stendardo has been there 10 years.

tassard

Jul 30, 2004
    Well, i don't know how good Campagnaro is but everyone was saying the same bad things for Santacroce, and then many members started to want him here

OP
    Dostoevsky

Dostoevsky

Tzu
    Administrator
    May 27, 2007
  • Thread Starter #16
    Well, i don't know how good Campagnaro is but everyone was saying the same bad things for Santacroce, and then many members started to want him here
    Well Santacroce is 21 years old while Campagnaro is 27.

And yes,I think Santacroce has potential to be a good defender.

Sadomin

Apr 5, 2005
    He's been playing both as a defender and a winger on both flanks in Sampdoria's 3-5-2 formation and done really well. He's actually good on the ball and has a fine cross unlike most of our fullbacks, while being a solid defender. Better and more consistent than all our current LBs and RBs, I'd say.

Jim_Boi

Oct 7, 2007
    Yes he played all games with maybe one mistake.Yet again how many times did he play?Like 4-5 times?I'm not going to say he's good defender based on that ridiculous number.He didn't show anything special at Lazio so far did he?He was rathe poor.I think he's overrated on this forum.
    Why not go for someone like Zapata who's consistent and has potential to be one of the best defenders in Serie A in couple years of time?

His price is just a joke.Nothing more nothing less.They want 8mln pounds for him.Then also,price is not everything.There's no way our staff (no matter how retarded they really are) are going to spend that amount of money.We'll probably give them some players that they want...like Almiron,Palladino or Lanzafame but I just don't see the point of that.He's just average player in my books and since we have a lot of players of his quality I'd pass on this one.

I totally agree with everthing you said. I am hoping and praying that Secco will actually try to sign Zapata. Stendardo has perform well for us but if were are going to spend money for a defender it should be Zapata and only him.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)