how ... (2 Viewers)

Alex

May 1, 2004
If you treat the ball correctly it will naturely come back to your side of the court.
But give it some time...
allow it some space....
be patient and be gentle...

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Bes, give us a straight answer for once if you want some help. Oh wait, maybe there's your problem; you want the ball in your court, but you don't say so. Sometimes cynicism and one-liners are effective, but if you're talking about a relationship with someone in real life, I sincerely hope you don't talk to the person in question the same way you post around here.

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
If you treat the ball correctly it will naturely come back to your side of the court.
But give it some time...
allow it some space....
be patient and be gentle...
Never! Don't be patient and gentle if you wanna keep the ball in your court. Everytime the ball is about to leave your court you gotta strangle it like there's no tomorrow. Trust me, this is the best advice you could ever get.

Gandalf

Jul 28, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Bes, give us a straight answer for once if you want some help. Oh wait, maybe there's your problem; you want the ball in your court, but you don't say so. Sometimes cynicism and one-liners are effective, but if you're talking about a relationship with someone in real life, I sincerely hope you don't talk to the person in question the same way you post around here.
spot on..

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Bes, sorry to do this, but I'm afraid you've got about 1 post to clear up what you're trying to get at here, otherwise I'm gonna have to close this. Thanks :)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
Bes, sorry to do this, but I'm afraid you've got about 1 post to clear up what you're trying to get at here, otherwise I'm gonna have to close this. Thanks :)

You go girl! :thumb:

:D :p

OP
Lawnchair Bes
Jan 7, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    ++ [ originally posted by PersianMafia ] ++

Never! Don't be patient and gentle if you wanna keep the ball in your court. Everytime the ball is about to leave your court you gotta strangle it like there's no tomorrow. Trust me, this is the best advice you could ever get.

thnx, finaly something i could use. now for the other question, how do i do that?

You go girl! :thumb:
    ya, you do that

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I think it's pretty obvious what he's talking about.

What you're looking for is probably more the art of the flirt. Crap -- I hate those games (it's good to be married ;) ). And most guys suck at it compared to women. But first of all, the ball ain't ever coming back if you don't serve up a volley.

Keeping the ball in your court is all about the balance of injecting enough interest to start it, pulling back to keep it in your court, but also nudging it back out of your court once in a while just enough to keep the momentum.

Of course, I speak from a lot of second-hand, and no first-hand, experience in this. Some guys like me just don't do the "court" thing. It took me years of putting up with hot-and-cold women until I wised up and just dropped them like rocks after a few chances in the cold region. (Sorry -- homey don't play dat game.)

River

Jun 15, 2004
    Obviously he is talking about relationships. RIght?

To keep the ball in your court you dont give the opposite sex (the one you are hunting) the chance to have the ball. Stay in control. Never let the hunter become the hunted. Give her a little then take it back and leave her thinking and wondering if you wanted more, then she will start to want more and come to you. The ball will never leave your court :D

p.s. It can backfire and you always have the ball but never the person wanting the ball. :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++
    thnx, finaly something i could use. now for the other question, how do i do that?
    How do you do that? Well there are a number of ways. Just before the ball is about to leave, stop what you're doing, leave, and choke it. One choke will calm the ball down for approx. 1 day, depending on what kind of person you are. I have no idea what kind of person you are so don't ask me how long it will last, that's something for you to investigate.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by River ] ++
    Obviously he is talking about relationships. RIght?

To keep the ball in your court you dont give the opposite sex (the one you are hunting) the chance to have the ball. Stay in control. Never let the hunter become the hunted. Give her a little then take it back and leave her thinking and wondering if you wanted more, then she will start to want more and come to you. The ball will never leave your court :D

p.s. It can backfire and you always have the ball but never the person wanting the ball. :D
    I like it River. That was very well said. :D

But what if you've never had the ball in the first place? :D

Trezeguet_FC

Mar 26, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by swag ] ++
    I think it's pretty obvious what he's talking about.
    It sure is.

But first of all, the ball ain't ever coming back if you don't serve up a volley.
    I like that.

Keeping the ball in your court is all about the balance of injecting enough interest to start it, pulling back to keep it in your court, but also nudging it back out of your court once in a while just enough to keep the momentum.
    Quality post.

Some guys like me just don't do the "court" thing.
    I can understand not doing it after marriage, but before? You couldn't have been that popular in highschool.

River

Jun 15, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

I like it River. That was very well said. :D

But what if you've never had the ball in the first place? :D
    Then you either find something else to play with like a stick, or go over and take the f*cking ball :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)