How to post a picture (1 Viewer)

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
Martin (or anyone who has some computer smarts !!),

I want to post a pic in the "Reveal Yourself" thread, but need instructions on how to do so, from start to finish.

Thanks,

Vinni

Buy on AliExpress.com

Respaul

Jul 14, 2002
jus hit post reply, then where it says attach file at the bottom press browse.
locate the pic from your hard drive, press ok
hit submit reply..... job done

OP
Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    When I try to post the pic, it keeps telling me that its not an mpeg, or any other valid file extension. This is a pic that I copyied on my scanner. What gives ?????

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    The valid file formats for attachments are:
    gif jpg png txt zip jpeg mpg mpeg avi mov

So I suggest a jpg for a picture. And not over 100kb :)

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #8
    With your help, and the help of an expert (my wife !!) it worked !!!

Thanks guys !!!

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #10
    ok guys, here we go again .....

I tried to post some pics from the Supercup, changed them to jpg, at 93.7kb, and the picture comes out about 2 inches by 2 inches- you can barely see the damn pic.

How can I get the pic to enlarge and stay under 100kb ?????

OP
    Vinman

Vinman

Jul 16, 2002
  • Thread Starter #12
    I've tried scanning the 4 x 6 photo and I had to reduce the photo to 20% to meet the 100 kb requirement. I tried saving it as a lower resolution but it still comes out blurry when I enlargen it in Paint program. What program should I use to enlarge the photo?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Oh right, I understand your problem seeing the picture you posted. Scanning the pic, you have a large white area which you don't need, this is what makes the file so big, cut this off. :)

vinman

What would be the best program to send the photo thru after its been scanned to do that ???

Zambrotta

Nov 16, 2001
    I tried to post a picture today but it wouldn't work, the size of the picture is 700 kb but according to the rules it has to be less than 100 kb. If it had to be less than 100 kb it would be extremely small and I have seen pretty big pictures on the forum. Am I doing something wrong?

Unregistered

++ [ originally posted by Zambrotta ] ++
    I tried to post a picture today but it wouldn't work, the size of the picture is 700 kb but according to the rules it has to be less than 100 kb. If it had to be less than 100 kb it would be extremely small and I have seen pretty big pictures on the forum. Am I doing something wrong?
    okay, you'll have to use a program such as photoshop that can save an image as a jpeg (preferably with varying degrees of compression). Most photos that you post here won't need to have perfect image quality, so with photoshop, you can easily adjust the compression levels to greatly reduce file size without resizing the image. Here's how i'd do it in PS (for example)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)