How to improve the squad in January (2 Viewers)

ancelotti

Oct 31, 2003
I dunno, mid season changes are like a double edged sword. To make matters more complicated, you also have to pick players that haven't played in European Competitions this season. ( If you want your new signings to play in the CL )

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
what i meant was players who can also play on the left side? i mean if it wasnt for zambro we'd have been screwed. besides him we have pessotto.

at least we have thuram rb.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I think what Lac is trying to say is that we don't have any reliable back-ups for Zambrotta and that we lose ALOT when he's missing.

Sep 28, 2002
try getting a player who would do very well while zambrotta is missing and make him sit on the banch for 90% of the season. he'll complain. pessotto and birindelli are fine for me. you just wont get a player better than birindelli to sit on the bench.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
We can get someone like Heinze, or Jankulovski, who not only play left back, but other positions that we lack in, therefore they wouldn't be on the bench 90% of the time.

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
We can get someone like Heinze, or Jankulovski, who not only play left back, but other positions that we lack in, therefore they wouldn't be on the bench 90% of the time.
Heinze and Jankulovski are both good players who could certainly help Juve a lot, but no player or combination of players will solve our current problem.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
Well lets just hope Lazio do not make Cl next round and rid them of Oddo and Stam
Then play a back 4 of Oddo, Thuram, Stam and Zambrotta, it sure would be a sight more effective and we would be better going forward as well cos Oddo is good going forward and he is quick, possibly the best crosser of the ball in Italian football , what he lacks in defensive quality he makes up for in pace

Thuram is a wonderful central defender and Stam is so strong and is hardly ever outpaced while Zambrotta is playing very well

Get a playmaker, a decent one for goodness sakes who can bring his teammates into the game, not sure who is available but if not then continue as normal as they have not been doing badly its just the defence which is hopeless really

A_LAcki

Dec 23, 2002
Seems like we want a young Argentine defender and Stankovic in Januray! Or at least Football Italia writes this!

However, I don't think that this will happen, as we are not known for buying players in January! I think one defender would be the maximum!

Denco, you are not known for saying that we should buy so many players! I mean, getting Stam AND Oddo is very unrealistic.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Stankovic is a brilliant player, but I can't see us getting him unless Tacchinardi or Maresca or Appiah leave :down:

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by A_LAcki ] ++
Seems like we want a young Argentine defender and Stankovic in Januray! Or at least Football Italia writes this!

However, I don't think that this will happen, as we are not known for buying players in January! I think one defender would be the maximum!

Denco, you are not known for saying that we should buy so many players! I mean, getting Stam AND Oddo is very unrealistic.
There was a rumour going round and it was stated on Eurosports (British) that if Lazio went out of Cl, Juve would scoop for those 2 players, thats whay I mentioned it

The problem with our manger, general manager and ppl who are in charge of buying is that they have very little foresight, they only buy players they know can hack it in SerieA ie have played there before for another club

They take little chances in foreign exotic players from different continents thats the biggest reason why we have 27 scudettos and only 2 cl medals which in my view is pathetic to say the least

For goodness sakes let them go to to South America or somewhere like that they are lots of rough diamonds out there who just need a little polishing to provide a sparkle to our predictability

All we do is buy all the young talent in Italy and use them as a bargaining chip for players in other Italian clubs

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
I don't really see the sense in getting Lazio players because they won't be able to contribute to our CL season.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
Creativity. All we need is a top-class defender and some more creativity. Look at what Maresca and Miccoli did to Olympiakos yesterday. They expressed their creativity and we scored goals. These two players, Enzo in particular, need to be granted more playing time.

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++
Creativity. All we need is a top-class defender and some more creativity. Look at what Maresca and Miccoli did to Olympiakos yesterday. They expressed their creativity and we scored goals. These two players, Enzo in particular, need to be granted more playing time.
i seriously doubt we would meet any team this season as inept as Olympiakos
They might not aid in Cl this season but they would help next and of cos in the league where we are struggling

Btw which top class defender do u hope to get , who has not played European football this season?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)