How to improve the squad in January (1 Viewer)

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

sadly there are reports that juevntus will use camoranesi for an upcoming deal,,,and maybe we will lost him for good :(.......
I know that this is not new... but it seems that it will become a reality soon

we will see.

the thing is, camo can be really good when he's good...and he can really suck when he sucks (if that makes sense :D)

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 19, 2003
Sonofa*****........I missed the last 3 games because of dish trouble. Don't want to fix it now to find it shifted off position by some windy storm after I return from my break. :fero:

Maybe I should start watching again so we start winning. :p

kaizer

Nov 1, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
Sonofa*****........I missed the last 3 games because of dish trouble. Don't want to fix it now to find it shifted off position by some windy storm after I return from my break. :fero:

now i know why we lost......:D

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++

definitely :(

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
i say we go for Mexes and Lucio if possible. Moggi has asked for stankovic and Oddo in january. they are both great, but also cup-tied so they wont benefit us in the CL...that is if we get through of course come knock out stages.

i say we play maresca as milan do with Pirlo. bench camo and bring him on as he only plays a half of football if that anyway.

at least he can help out in the creative department.

this is what i would play.

----------------buffon

thuram---legro---mexes---zambrotta

-------maresca---tacc---davids

-----------------nedved

--------------trez----------dp

BUT, i think this could work also.

----------------buffon

thuram----legro---mexes---zambro

-------nedved---tacc---davids

-----------------miccoli

-----------trez-----------del piero

that may be more offensive and nedved can take the role of running a muck in midfield.

what we need though is that centre back....he cannot be cup-tied.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by DAVIDZ ] ++

My mistake, it should have read, IS NOT
:thumb: You're absolutely right as far as I'm concerned. In my estimation, getting Lucio would be taking a step backwards because even Legrottaglie is better. I'm sure that Legro will improve and cut out some of the mistakes that he's making, but having Montero next to him doesn't help the situation. We need someone like Nesta. When Maldini makes errors (which isn't very often mind you) he has the best defender in the world to clean up for him. We need someone quick like Nesta, someone that can tackle and make interceptions like Nesta, we need Phillipe Mexes IMO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
GK: No problems here. We have the best in the business and when Chimenti retires we can recruit Carini.

DEF: Lippi has Thuram and Zambrotta flanking his central defenders, and this doesn't need to be changed. In central defense I want a big, tall, strong defender and a quick, classy one. ie. Tudor/Legro and Mexes.

MID: Everybody knows that we lack creativity, but we just need to make one simple change IMO. Play Maresca! Enzo is still young, but I'm confident that he has the ability to make a difference. I like the idea of using him as our Pirlo. Appiah can be our Seedorf, and Davids our Gattuso. Nedved is great, but we need someone more creative like Aimar. Cheaper alternatives are Rosicky, D'Alessandro and a player that I like alot, and Martin does too, Ludovic Giuly (Monaco).

FOR: Leaving things as they are wouldn't be a bad thing, but how about selling Trezeguet and acquiring Adriano? That would be one helluva move IMHO.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
------------------------Buffon-----------------------------
---Thuram--------Tudor-------Mexes----------Zambrotta---
-----------------------Maresca-----------------------------
--------Appiah----------------------------Davids-----------
-----------------------Nedved------------------------------
--------------Trezeguet--------Del Piero--------------------

or

------------------------Buffon-----------------------------
---Thuram---------Tudor------Mexes-----------Zambrotta---
---------------------Tacchinardi-----------------------------
------Maresca------------------------------Nedved--------
------------------------Aimar------------------------------
--------------Trezeguet-------Del Piero-----------------

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If we have to make a move in January, I want to see Oddo come in. (surprise, surprise. I've only been worshipping at the temple of Oddo for the past 3 months now.)

Move Thuram back to central defense, and you strengthen 2 positions with one move, and a relatively inexpensive one, because it looks like it will only take around 5-7 million to get him.

But, if we have to include maresca in the deal, then so be it.

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++
If we have to make a move in January, I want to see Oddo come in. (surprise, surprise. I've only been worshipping at the temple of Oddo for the past 3 months now.)

Move Thuram back to central defense, and you strengthen 2 positions with one move, and a relatively inexpensive one, because it looks like it will only take around 5-7 million to get him.
That would be a very good move as Oddo will offer us the same thing that Zambrotta does, except on the right side, and despite his age, Thuram will add more pace to our central defence. I like the idea.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -Fantasista- ] ++

That would be a very good move as Oddo will offer us the same thing that Zambrotta does, except on the right side, and despite his age, Thuram will add more pace to our central defence. I like the idea.
Keep in mind though, that this is just a band-aid to a bullet wound.

This should get us through the Campionato italiano and possibly through some stages of the CL, but this defense will still need to get significantly younger next year, so I think that Ferrari, Bonera, or Mexes would, and should, be a top Priorority in the Summer. But I would love to get Oddo in january.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Hydde ] ++

sadly there are reports that juevntus will use camoranesi for an upcoming deal,,,and maybe we will lost him for good :(.......
I know that this is not new... but it seems that it will become a reality soon

we will see.
Good. He can't leave soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, Hydde, I've never like the guy. It would free up some playing time for maresca as well, assuming that he's not part of the deal for Oddo.

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
I used to think D'Alessandro was classy but he seems to have lost himself in Germany. So if he does not really succeed there, I can't see him succeed in a much more difficult league.

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
++ [ originally posted by USA Juventini ] ++

Good. He can't leave soon enough, as far as I'm concerned.

Sorry, Hydde, I've never like the guy. It would free up some playing time for maresca as well, assuming that he's not part of the deal for Oddo.
Oh sorrry usa Juventuni!!!

I didnt wnated to say camo in that message.. i was referring to MARESCA!!!!

we will lose him soon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)