How to get to Stadio Delle Alpi? (1 Viewer)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Venice is really a matter of choice. I first went for about 10 hours back in 1995 as a train stopover, getting so much bad press from friends about how it was filled with tourists, was filled with sellers of tacky junk, how the canal smelled, etc.

Well, they were mostly right (except about the canal smell, actually -- and this despite a travel partner who fell in it at the time, but that's another story). But I still really liked it. I went back last year and loved it for a variety of different reasons.

It's definitely the kind of place people love or hate.

Oh, and for all the talks of tourist saturation on Venice -- you really only have to walk a couple of blocks towards a dead end between canals and you can wind up where there are absolutely no tourists... within minutes of just about anywhere.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jan 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Sarah ] ++
yeah, how so? kindly explain...:undecide:

anyway, i'm still on a high of possibly getting to see Juventus vs Real Madrid second leg knockout match (CL) *spin-eyes* :extatic:

-S-
well I really can't remember anything special why to visit Venice. I was very dissapointed by the atmosphere. btw...either they don't have a hostel or they hide it very well. had to sleep on stairs in front of the station :groan: :D

venice is just a tourism dump. but don't hesitate and go there to figure it out by yourself :D have fun.

cu in torino, on martch 9th ;)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
Am going on March as well, to Visit Turin, and Delle Alpi :D.....

Anyhow then i'll be back in summer i think mid June in Roma, to make a try out with a team(forgot what it's called).... wish me good luck:stress:

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Modo Bianconero ] ++
hehe good luck azzuri ... if you do make it ... tell bonnefoi i say whtas up..>!
hehehehe, yeah bro i will....but i'll never play for a team in serie A except Juve:p....(arrogant bastard) eh??

OP
Sarah_old

Sarah_old

Jul 30, 2002
  • Thread Starter #35
    I try to avoid taking a taxi at all cost, thank you very much :p

wow, loads of peeps here going to italy... have fun guys...I don't know about going there in August. Heard reviews it's not the best time to visit the place :undecide:

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    The thing is that August is the national holiday month in Italy; the cities are deserted as everyone heads for the mediterranean.

But if you're into ghost cities; by all means go in August :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)