• Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by Nekton ] ++
    Again with the mpeg, what are you doing? :D
    I'll tell you when its finished, its nothing dodgy, honest :angel:

;):devil:

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    hehe, alrighty then :D

So... Decompress mpeg...? Now, if I understand correctly that means opening mpeg? :undecide:

I'm still a bit confused with all these terms :angel: :D

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #5
    well, confused is something I am very good at when it comes to technological things!

well, I have this MPEG, alright not yet, but I'm getting it ;) and it has some sort of compression (it says in a 6:1 ratio) If I can de-compress the file it will be better quality I would think, and I want this to be as good as possible.

like when you download mp3, then convert it to wav file before you put it on to cd's, because mp3 is compressed and poor quality!

I'm blabbling on a bit now..but hopefully you get me :D

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    well, confused is something I am very good at when it comes to technological things!

well, I have this MPEG, alright not yet, but I'm getting it ;) and it has some sort of compression (it says in a 6:1 ratio) If I can de-compress the file it will be better quality I would think, and I want this to be as good as possible.

like when you download mp3, then convert it to wav file before you put it on to cd's, because mp3 is compressed and poor quality!

I'm blabbling on a bit now..but hopefully you get me :D
    What prog are you (trying :D) to use to make this movie?

And, no, it shouldn't make any difference if you decompress it first before re-compressing it again...

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    Or do you simply want to make it uncomressed? One huge file would be the result :)
    yes yes yes! :D

what program are you ( trying :D ) to use
    I'm not making a movie (god forbid, I wouldn't know where to start!) I'm downloading something and I just need to uncompress it to make the quality better before i watch it..I don't care if it makes it take up loads of room either, my comp can handle it

(he says, nervously)

:D

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    There's no point in doing that, just play it as it is. The quality won't improve at all if you try to uncompress it.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #10
    There's no point in doing that, just play it as it is. The quality won't improve at all if you try to uncompress it.
    really? then why was it compressed in the first place?

Nekton

Oct 22, 2001
    to make the filesize smaller I suppose. The thing is that you can't get the file to get back to an uncompressed picture & audio-quality, once you compress it it's "ruined", all you will end up with is a file 10x the size of the original and the exact same picture & audio-quality.

OP
    Tom

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
  • Thread Starter #12
    oh, ok..that sucks :(

thanks for your help anyways :thumb:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)