How Racist Is Your Country On A Scale on 1 to 10? (1 Viewer)

Juve_fanatic

Second coolest member!
Apr 5, 2006
ßüякε;2039429 said:
Yea, well what have they done to YOU?
If you mean what have they done to me personally then the answer is nothing. But if you wanna know what have they done to my country then the answer is:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Macedonia_conflict

And let me tell you they had no right to do this. They only did it because they have been trying for decades now to fulfill their plan of "Large Albania" which includes taking teritory from Serbia and Macedonia. They have sucesseded taking the teritory from Serbia (Kosovo) and now they are trying to take it from Macedonia.

That is why we hate them!!

HelterSkelter

Apr 15, 2005

Over here skin color is obviously not such a big issue.It's down to your ethnic background,and more importantly,your geographical background in the country.Pakistan was,and still is,a Punjab dominated country and Balochis,Sindhis and especially Pashtuns,are looked down upon.(Balochistan,Sindh,Punjab and NWFP are the 4 provinces in Pakistan).

We even saw the division of the country in 1971 based on racial grudges against the Bengalis in East Pakistan.

People have tried to wipe it away,but it's only grown over the years.And it's evolved in many more things.From hatred against certain religious groups,to the over growing mistrust in the Pashtuns and Balochis.This can be judged from the fact that there have been movements in NWFP and even Balochistan aimed towards independent countries.

And then you have the current war on terror,which has only added up to the whole thing.

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I think the Netherlands is easily the least racist country I've lived in. Make it 1 or 2 on your scale. The reason is pretty obvious, it's a well diversified country with many influences.

Norway is a bit higher up. Not a racist society generally, but there is some amount of animosity to those damn outsiders. Historically it's a ridiculously sparse country with very little communication across the vast territories. So there's no end to small towns in the middle of nowhere where people know little more than their immediate surroundings. Interestingly that's where the government likes to send people who have been granted asylum to integrate with the local community. Let's say 4.

I've got to disagree. If you see the crazy statements of Geert Wilders in the NL and him being the biggest winner in the EU elections than you can't tell me it's a 1 or a 2.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
My country is NOT racist! Except when it comes to the general election when the black people vote for "their party," PNM and the Indians for "theirs," UNC. And of course, the minority who aren't racially biased vote for COP, yet they only won 1 out of a posible 38 seats.

Other than that, it's cool. Inter-racial marriage is nothing. Black, white, Indian, Chinese, Syrian, whoever, are all cool together and hang out like nothing. We can even refer to strangers as "Chinee", "Indian man" , "Black boy" or "Whitey" and nobody gets offended.

2/10.

Ahmed

Principino
Sep 3, 2006

Over here skin color is obviously not such a big issue.It's down to your ethnic background,and more importantly,your geographical background in the country.Pakistan was,and still is,a Punjab dominated country and Balochis,Sindhis and especially Pashtuns,are looked down upon.(Balochistan,Sindh,Punjab and NWFP are the 4 provinces in Pakistan).

We even saw the division of the country in 1971 based on racial grudges against the Bengalis in East Pakistan.

People have tried to wipe it away,but it's only grown over the years.And it's evolved in many more things.From hatred against certain religious groups,to the over growing mistrust in the Pashtuns and Balochis.This can be judged from the fact that there have been movements in NWFP and even Balochistan aimed towards independent countries.

And then you have the current war on terror,which has only added up to the whole thing.
your rating is way too high IMO...you and I both know that these feelings have political motivations and are being harnessed for that...on a people to people level, there really isn't that much hostility

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)