How many sisters of italian football ? (1 Viewer)

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004
I remember the days of the "seven sisters" of italian football. Being a sister meant you were strong enough to challenge for the title. Back then there were Juve, Milan, Inter, Roma, Lazio, Parma and Fiorentina. I believe that Serie A during that period of time was the strongest league in history.
However, three of those teams went down under because they lost their financial backing (Fiorentina, Lazio and Parma).

Today I think it is fair to say that we have four sisters, Juve, Milan, Inter and Roma, even though Roma aren't doing so well in terms of cash flow.
However with the revival of Fiorentina who bought Bojinov for 9 million pounds (Biggest transfer in Europe during this year's winter transfer window) and with Napoli probably coming back after a takeover by a movie mogul, is italian football getting back on track ? Richer teams are replacing poorer ones. I believe in 2-3 years we will have six sisters. Can Palermo become a sister ? Sampdoria ?

How do you rate the future of italian football ? How many sisters do you see in the not so distant future ?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
I think the future of Italian football is bright. I think the top leagues go through this cycle of good and bad spells, with new clubs being born or revived to add competition to the pot. The club that I think could become bigger and better is Palermo, as they have serious aspirations of becoming one of the best clubs in Italy. Thus far Palermo has put their money to good use, and if they can hold onto players such as Barzagli, Santana, and Toni they might become a force to be reckoned with. Not sure of their financial backing, however with Guidolin at the helm and the possibility of some big name signings they seem to be in good shape.

Fiorentina also seems to be coming back to life, however Dino Zoff is not the right coach for that side. He always complains about how Fiorentina are being set up for failure and how football is too "political," not being able to make do with the squad he has at the moment. I think over the next few seasons La Viola will also experiance a renaissance, especially since they have talented youngsters such as Bojinov, Pazzini, Maresca, Obodo, and Donadel. Of course if Fiorentina can obtain more quality players and keep hold of the ones they have, anything is possible.

Sampdoria has been doing very well this season, as Novellino has made his side into the third best in Serie A because of solidity at the back. Sampdoria has virtually spent nothing in the past year, however they are still one of the top teams in Italy, making do with what they have. However I do not see Sampdoria becoming a consistent power house because they lack financial backing and talented youngsters. These sort of teams, much like Real Sociedad a couple seasons ago who almost won La Liga with a limited squad, usually fall off the following season because they just do not have enough quality to continue on their winning ways. Sampdoria is a compact side, however I see them as a selling one too, probably letting go of Falcone and Palombo over the summer. I like Sampdoria and hopefully they can become a consistent force, however I doubt they will.

So if Italy is lucky we will have six sisters by 2007: Juventus, Milan, Inter, Fiorentina, Palermo, and Roma. Not sure about Napoli but if they have decent financial backing they might have a chance as well.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
Nothing will happen, Serie A will always be Serie A, and whilst make teams will always have a 'affair' and for one season or a couple may challenge, ultimately it'll always be the same teams, unless someone does an 'Abramovich'...Same as everyone else in the world, only if a team are completely stupid like Leeds or Lazio or Dortmund, will that ever change...

Rami

The Linuxologist
Dec 24, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++
You make no sense when you post, so please, stop doing it.

I neve thought I would say that about anybody.
lool Kinda like you Burke...but at least You actually mean something but some dont understand becuz of ur wierd lingo:p...but this dude actually doesnt mean anything!! I dont really know y he is posting :D

Dec 27, 2003
How many sisters ? Give it a few years, and Lazio will be sister by default. Nostradamus has predicted that :

Milan and Inter will see the big banks give them the finger and be forced to sell out. Berlusconi's conflict of interests will be extended to Moratti, as it will be established that you can't own a team of pricks if you are a prick yourself.

Sensi's suicide (by hanging himself to his bonzai) will make Roma realize that without him they're no better than Sanbenedettese.

Fiorentina will be tried for buying their asccession to the next division despite finishing 15th and despite there not being any higher division than the serie A.

Parma will drown in a sea of milk and Parmalat workers’ unpaid salaries and pensions.

Juventus will be severely hit by the arrest of Corleone Moggi and Giraudo Capone for organ trafficking. The eventual bankruptcy of Fiat, Lapo Elkann's addiction to angel dust and Del Piero, Torricelli, Conte & co suing Agricola for growing a third testicle and a a leg in the back will bring them the coup de grâce.

That leaves us with Lazio, the only team that will have cut with 20 years of mismanagement in time, abandoned its delusions of grandeur and, after a few difficult years of re-adaptation, emerge as the only healthy club with a viable plan for the future.

People will finally realize how the "7 sisters" were the metastasis of Italian football and be thankful they're gone. A fresh start will be made, where fat hicks with a chip on their shoulder will no longer be paid 10 million a year for shagging TV soubrettes, where the small teams get more than just the crumbs of the pie, where being injected "vitamines" during training sessions will be frowned at and where displaying nazi slogans in the Curva will be considered uncool.

Nicole

Sep 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++
How many sisters ? Give it a few years, and Lazio will be sister by default. Nostradamus has predicted that :

Milan and Inter will see the big banks give them the finger and be forced to sell out. Berlusconi's conflict of interests will be extended to Moratti, as it will be established that you can't own a team of pricks if you are a prick yourself.

Sensi's suicide (by hanging himself to his bonzai) will make Roma realize that without him they're no better than Sanbenedettese.

Fiorentina will be tried for buying their asccession to the next division despite finishing 15th and despite there not being any higher division than the serie A.

Parma will drown in a sea of milk and Parmalat workers’ unpaid salaries and pensions.

Juventus will be severely hit by the arrest of Corleone Moggi and Giraudo Capone for organ trafficking. The eventual bankruptcy of Fiat, Lapo Elkann's addiction to angel dust and Del Piero, Torricelli, Conte & co suing Agricola for growing a third testicle and a a leg in the back will bring them the coup de grâce.

That leaves us with Lazio, the only team that will have cut with 20 years of mismanagement in time, abandoned its delusions of grandeur and, after a few difficult years of re-adaptation, emerge as the only healthy club with a viable plan for the future.

People will finally realize how the "7 sisters" were the metastasis of Italian football and be thankful they're gone. A fresh start will be made, where fat hicks with a chip on their shoulder will no longer be paid 10 million a year for shagging TV soubrettes, where the small teams get more than just the crumbs of the pie, where being injected "vitamines" during training sessions will be frowned at and where displaying nazi slogans in the Curva will be considered uncool.
:rofl:

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by zambrota19 ] ++

lool Kinda like you Burke...but at least You actually mean something but some dont understand becuz of ur wierd lingo:p...but this dude actually doesnt mean anything!! I dont really know y he is posting :D
To be a douche. He makes no sense, I mean I used to be useless just like him, but now I am like, you know, the ahhhh, man, how you say?

All I could think about when you said that about my weird lingo is that line from Top Gun: "THAT"S RIGHT, Ice Man, I am dangerous."

++ [ originally posted by fred weasley ] ++
i like this guy:Dhe reminds me of samatar.

btw burke were you a member at the samatar days?
I might have been, but I do not remember talking to or about him.

Geof

May 14, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Kaiser Franco ] ++

great post. where you under influence of any drug?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)