How Is Juve Performing? (2 Viewers)

Se7en

Feb 24, 2006
I know most of you will disagree, but it's time we're going to be fair here. Serie A isn't as hard anymore as it was 4 years ago. When you look at the amount of games we won with mediocre play, you can't but realise this. Juventus, and to a lesser extent Inter, Milan and Roma, are way ahead of all other clubs. Lecce never posed a real threat and neither did teams like Udinese or Ascoli.

It has become a rather weak competition these last few years and that's also one of the things that are making it hard for us to compete in Europe.

Mr. Gol

Sep 15, 2004
Se7en said:
I know most of you will disagree, but it's time we're going to be fair here. Serie A isn't as hard anymore as it was 4 years ago. When you look at the amount of games we won with mediocre play, you can't but realise this. Juventus, and to a lesser extent Inter, Milan and Roma, are way ahead of all other clubs. Lecce never posed a real threat and neither did teams like Udinese or Ascoli.

It has become a rather weak competition these last few years and that's also one of the things that are making it hard for us to compete in Europe.
I agree that the average teams aren't as good as a few years ago, but the top teams are still at the old level. The title race between us and Milan last season was one of the closest of the last decade. However, because of financial problems (Lazio, Parma, Fiorentina) or mismanagement (Roma) there isn't much chance of a 'dark horse' suddenly fighting for the title, although Fiorentina could take that role if they continue like this.

I do miss the times where there were five or more title candidates. Realisticly speaking it was always us or Milan for the last three/four seasons.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
Jul 16, 2002
snoop said:
Believe whatever you want, but we are going to win the Scudetto (like I was right last season too ;) ), what makes me so sure? the mentality in the Inter matches, the Roma matches, don't let this "poor" performances against the small teams fool you, when Juve mostly plays the big teams, Juve plays different, we don't need to argue about that again, Yeah we lost to Milan and Bayern, but Won Inter and Roma (both home and away) and also Bayern at home.

Andy you keep mentioning the Werder match, Yes Capello has to be blamed for the first half mentality, but we played it differnet in the second, and I say it again, we played with Balzaretti and Blasi at the same time = SUICIDE.

It will be different when Zamb and Zebina comes back,hope they can make it.
we play Milan in a few short weeks

if we get beat in that game (which I believe we will), then the lead is a mere 7 points, with almost 2 months left in the season

Paolo Sosa

Nov 11, 2005
well im with snoop 100%

guys we are the best team in Europe this year period.

just judge on results not performance, we are an italian team we always now how to win, we are good at defending and how er are 10 point ahead of our closest compatetor.

just i don't know what would makes u guys happy ?!?!?!

neath_lad

Jun 25, 2004
Moggi D'Messiah said:
Our defence is starting to worry me a little!
same here mate, at least gigi is startin to look like his old self.

for me our weakness is when we play a team that is really attacking, it seems we can't cope, not able to keep possession. against werder we couldnt hold the ball and just kept booting the ball route 1. last year vs liverpool we lost the tie in he 1st half when liverpool attacking football dostroyed us and we went 2-0 down.

Eire

Mar 1, 2004
no wonder our defense is a bit shaky at the moment its was down 2 regular starters and with canna suspension down 3.

it will soon be back to full strenght

THE CHAMPIONS

Jan 18, 2006
Vinman said:
we play Milan in a few short weeks

if we get beat in that game (which I believe we will), then the lead is a mere 7 points, with almost 2 months left in the season
So Milan will beat us in Torino mmmmmmmmmmmm......................................................................................................................................................... OK.

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
Mr. Gol said:
I agree that the average teams aren't as good as a few years ago, but the top teams are still at the old level. The title race between us and Milan last season was one of the closest of the last decade. However, because of financial problems (Lazio, Parma, Fiorentina) or mismanagement (Roma) there isn't much chance of a 'dark horse' suddenly fighting for the title, although Fiorentina could take that role if they continue like this.

I do miss the times where there were five or more title candidates. Realisticly speaking it was always us or Milan for the last three/four seasons.
Indeed, and this has created a comfort zone which constricts our performances in the Champions League sometimes where we need to shift up that extra gear to win matches especially away from home. We aren't kept on our toes as much nowadays and the title may already seem in the pocket as early as January (which IMO it isn't), leading the fans and perhaps even the players to think that to crash out of CL wouldn't be that bad since we already have a scudetto in the bag. Whereas if we were in a precocious situation on both fronts we'd have to bring our A game each and every time.

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #38
    maybe my English is one of the worst in the forums , but from what I understood, I think I used the right word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=performance

per·for·mance Audio pronunciation of "performance" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-fôrmns):

-Something performed; an accomplishment.
    -the fulfillment of a contract, promise, or obligation
    - the complete or exact fulfillment of the terms of a contract, promise, or obligation

but again, I might be wrong too.

But I think you got my point there, what I meant that Capello/Juventus performing/accomplishing the job the best way so far, yes we are not playing the best football, but our performances (what you meant Andy) in every matches overall are more than the average with more ups (Inter-Roma-Bayern etc..) and less downs (Milan - Bayern and Bremen away).

Jul 12, 2002
    snoop said:
    maybe my English is one of the worst in the forums , but from what I understood, I think I used the right word:

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=performance

per·for·mance Audio pronunciation of "performance" ( P ) Pronunciation Key (pr-fôrmns):

-Something performed; an accomplishment.
    -the fulfillment of a contract, promise, or obligation
    - the complete or exact fulfillment of the terms of a contract, promise, or obligation

but again, I might be wrong too.

But I think you got my point there, what I meant that Capello/Juventus performing/accomplishing the job the best way so far, yes we are not playing the best football, but our performances (what you meant Andy) in every matches overall are more than the average with more ups (Inter-Roma-Bayern etc..) and less downs (Milan - Bayern and Bremen away).
    It seems to me that we're playing the same game we always play. Nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible either. And we're simply winning more games while playing badly than we have other years. We still play as many bad games, and our good games aren't appreciably better. Maybe this is due to Capello's tractics, or maybe simply because we have over-all a better squad...

GRK

Guitar God
    Oct 19, 2004
    I don't care what anyone says, Juve are doing great.
    Such a big lead in Serie A cannot be achieved through only "luck" or ever by a team that doesn't deserve to have such big lead.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)