How Is Juve Performing? (3 Viewers)

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
I just checked the standings of the five major leagues in Europe. I found out this.

1 Juventus 70pts 27p 22W 4D 1L 56-18 +38

1 Chelsea 69pts 27P 22W 3D 2L 54-16 +38

1 Barcelona 58pts 25P 18W 4D 3L 60-21 +39

1 Bayern 58pts 23P 18W 4D 1L 47-17 +30

1 Lyon 59pts 27P 17W 8D 2L 44-21 +23

We are performing the best domestically comparing with other top Major leagues' teams. we lost once and drew 4 times, now check the super teams that you are all praising, Barcelona lost 3 times and drew 4, Chelsea lost twice and drew 3 times. Lyon lost twice and drew 8 times, only If Bayern win their 4 next matches, they will match our lead. we are the second best Defence, two goals more than Chelsea we conceeded., and If you look to the average of goals and the goals we scored, we are doing good.

now In CL, we have the advantage of wining on away goals to overcome Bremen the second of Bundesliga, "Super" chelsea is in trouble after lossing on 1-2 against Barcelona, Bayern also is not safe after the 1-1 draw against Milan in their home, Lyon is leading 1-0 away against a PSV.

Now tell me, aren't you overcritcizing your own team, who is having great results domestically and in Europe?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You cannot judge a book by only looking at it's cover, just like you cannot always use statistics to judge something in football.

OP
Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #4
    you can't judge it any better, this is how it works, they look to your performace and the points you collected, and earn the Serie A title. as for CL, you need more the luck factor next to those.

Luck works once or twice Andy, not the whole season, Are you telling me that we came to this place without effort?

We came to this place with tactics, hard work and playing it wise.. Credits goes to the players and Capello..

ZhiXin

Oct 1, 2004
    snoop said:
    you can't judge it any better, this is how it works, they look to your performace and the points you collected, and earn the Serie A title. as for CL, you need more the luck factor next to those.

Luck works once or twice Andy, not the whole season, Are you telling me that we came to this place without effort?

We came to this place with tactics, hard work and playing it wise.. Credits goes to the players and Capello..
    Sometimes all it takes it just a brilliant football tactic or a lousy game plan to kill a game.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    which is needed too just to keep the players fit :agree:

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    But snoop -- comparisons to Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Lyon? They play entirely different competition. You cannot say "domestically we are the best team in Europe" any more than you can say "domestically we have the crappiest competition in Europe".

Dinamo Zagreb has a 17-2-1 record and are already 14 points ahead of their nearest rivals, Rijeka, in the Croatian football league just 20 matches into the season. But what does that prove? :confused:

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #8
    swag said:
    But snoop -- comparisons to Chelsea, Barca, Bayern, Lyon? They play entirely different competition. You cannot say "domestically we are the best team in Europe" any more than you can say "domestically we have the crappiest competition in Europe".

Dinamo Zagreb has a 17-2-1 record and are already 14 points ahead of their nearest rivals, Rijeka, in the Croatian football league just 20 matches into the season. But what does that prove? :confused:

Good point, I will fix that sentence this way then, we are performing the best domestically comparing with other top Major leagues' teams.

That's why I said in Major european leagues in the first post, since we all know the cometition in these major leagues is not comparable to other European leagues. And since the like of Dinamo zagreb is not competing in Europe, wouldn't it be funny if we put those in the same category of europe's top major leagues? ;)

Just think about it something similar to the way Eurosport picks top24 clubs in europe.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #9
    as for your quote that it should be said "we have the crapiest competition in Europe" that is arguable, I don't think serie A is any weaker than those Major leagues, Serie A teams have the quality teams and the players and everything, look at the finalist of the CL, how he is having troubles domestically, and look at Inter's Milan's and Juve's positions in Europe.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    snoop said:

But all of this is soooo irrelevant in the long run. I simply don't understand why people look so deeply into these midseason rankings because nothing has been won yet and nothing is decided. This especially pertains to the Champions League where you always love to overlook the actual performances and say "everything is fine you cant win them all." You're right, snoop, you can't win them all. However, a club such as Juventus should not be outplayed and beaten every time we step out of the Delle Alpi in the more difficult matches of the Champions League. Yet we continue to underperform in this area, and again, if you think this is okey-dokey then be my guest and look at these midseason ratings all you'd like. Nobody is stopping you.

I am sure the squad has worked very hard and put forth loads of effort thus far, however the problem lies in the competition that continues to evade our capture. You can hide behind these midseason ratings all you like, however these things mean jack squat in the Champions League and the rest of the season in Serie A. Looking at the performances these past two years in Europe you simply cannot be happy, and while we are on top of Serie A our displays have not been entirely convincing. And this worries me because you cannot step out on the pitch the way we have this season and expect to win the Champions League. This trend of mediocre displays is something every Juve fan should not be entirely happy about.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    snoop said:
    I just checked the standings of the five major leagues in Europe. I found out this.
    How is Juve performing? Anybody who has watched every single match this season cannot say we have been performing entirely well when you pick the matches apart. Most of our displays have been rather uninspiring and lethargic with the smaller teams just seemingly giving up. Unfortunately teams in the Champions League don't just give up...they take the game to Juve in their own home and make us pay because we are unprepared. I don't like that.

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #12
    Andy said:
    But all of this is soooo rrelevant in long run. I simply don't understand why people look so deeply into these midseason rankings because nothing has been won yet and nothing is decided. This especially pertains to the Champions League where you always love to overlook the actual performances and say "everything is fine you cant win them all." You're right, snoop, you can't win them all. However, a club such as Juventus should not be outplayed and beaten every time we step out of the Delle Alpi in the more difficult matches of the Champions League. Yet we continue to underperform in this area, and again, if you think this is okey-dokey then be my guest and look at these midseason ratings all you'd like. Nobody is stopping you.

I am sure the squad has worked very hard and put forth loads of effort thus far, however the problem lies in the competition that continues to evade our capture. You can hide behind these midseason ratings all you like, however these things mean jack squat in the Champions League and the rest of the season in Serie A. Looking at the performances these past two years in Europe you simply cannot be happy, and while we are on top of Serie A our displays have not been entirely convincing. And this worries me because you cannot step out on the pitch the way we have this season and expect to win the Champions League. This trend of mediocre displays is something every Juve fan should not be entirely happy about.
    ofcourse it is not over, I am talking about the performance there, that how you guys are bashing it. Specially what Vinman said "we will lose the serie A in mid April", well I am showing you that the performance is one of the best around, how could someone say something like that? And saying things like "capello should leave" "we need to change the system it is not working" are all insane, IT IS WORKING, these number are showing that. And btw we are over the middseason, it is about to finish, 27 games played 11 left. not much left..

I am very confident that Juve will end up champion of serie A, as for Europe, like I said before, I can't tell you that we are going to win it, because it's knock-out stages, but I have the confident that we will overcome Werder Bremen. Saying we will not win it (THE CL I meant : EDITED) is insane too, we don't even know our opponets yet :confused:

You may think Barcelona will win it, but we saw what happened last year, the great of the greats can get eliminated too, it is like that, you need luck, you need concentration. If Liverpool did it last year, then our chances are not less than their's, you saw how lucky they were to reach there..

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #13
    Andy said:
    How is Juve performing? Anybody who has watched every single match this season cannot say we have been performing entirely well when you pick the matches apart. Most of our displays have been rather uninspiring and lethargic with the smaller teams just seemingly giving up. Unfortunately teams in the Champions League don't just give up...they take the game to Juve in their own home and make us pay because we are unprepared. I don't like that.
    I will use Zhixin's quote

Sometimes all it takes it just a brilliant football tactic or a lousy game plan to kill a game.
    don't forget the fact that the small teams struggled us because they were defending the whole match, they play it different when it comes to Juve, they celebrate the 1 point they get like they won the CL. remember Lazio?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    snoop said:
    ofcourse it is not over, I am talking about the performance there, that how you guys are bashing it. Specially what Vinman said "we will lose the serie A in mid April", well I am showing you that the performance is one of the best around, how could someone say something like that? And saying things like "capello should leave" "we need to change the system it is not working" are all insane, IT IS WORKING, these number are showing that. And btw we are over the middseason, it is about to finish, 27 games played 11 left. not much left..
    I am afraid you do not understand the difference between "performance" and "result." Our performance during the match is how we perform on the pitch with the exact scoreline being irrelevant. The results are obviously the scorelines and how many points we acquire from the match itself. That said, our performances have been lackluster while our results in Serie A have obviously been great. I don't think there is much room for debate here.

And I am also afraid you are misunderstanding the calls for a change in tactics, by which most people mean a change in tactics for the Champions League. I don't have time to go over the reasoning behind these notions, however the straight 4-4-2 simply doesn't work very well in Europe nowadays and if you look at our performances AND results you have to be a bit worried. These antiquated tactics and lackluster rhythm at which we play is not conducive to success in the Champions League and that is why people want the system and tactics to be amended. We have been through this before and I think the reasoning is quite apparent now.

I am very confident that Juve will end up champion of serie A, as for Europe, like I said before, I can't tell you that we are going to win it, because it's knock-out stages, but I have the confident that we will overcome Werder Bremen. Saying we will not win it is insane too, we don't even know our opponets yet :confused:
    No it's NOT insane because if we play like crap against Bremen how will we fair against the better teams such as Barca, Lyon, and Arsenal? Its insane to call our arguments insane because you simply cannot expect to win the Champions League with the way we have been playing. It doesn't matter who we play...if we continue playing the same way we will eventually crash out of Europe. Why don't people believe in this reasoning? This is like stating the obvious.

You may think Barcelona will win it, but we saw what happened last year, the great of the greats can get eliminated too, it is like that, you need luck, you need concentration. If Liverpool did it last year, then our chances are not less than their's, you saw how lucky they were to reach there..
    Benitez changes his tactics often in the CL and instructs his side to do different things on the pitch...unlike Capello. Therefore Liverpool and Juventus are not very similar to each other. Benitez is the better manager in Europe anyway IMO.

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    And the great start we had to this season will mean absolutely NOTHING, snoop , when we give it all away in the next few months

OP
    Snoop

Snoop

Sabet is a nasty virgin
    Oct 2, 2001
  • Thread Starter #16
    Vinman said:
    And the great start we had to this season will mean absolutely NOTHING, snoop , when we give it all away in the next few months
    Believe whatever you want, but we are going to win the Scudetto (like I was right last season too ;) ), what makes me so sure? the mentality in the Inter matches, the Roma matches, don't let this "poor" performances against the small teams fool you, when Juve mostly plays the big teams, Juve plays different, we don't need to argue about that again, Yeah we lost to Milan and Bayern, but Won Inter and Roma (both home and away) and also Bayern at home.

Andy you keep mentioning the Werder match, Yes Capello has to be blamed for the first half mentality, but we played it differnet in the second, and I say it again, we played with Balzaretti and Blasi at the same time = SUICIDE.

It will be different when Zamb and Zebina comes back,hope they can make it.

Philipp00

Jan 31, 2004
    I think we just can`t play every match superb. it is also difficult to play against small opponents in the serie A because they are all well organised and defending the whole match. our defence should just be more careful because they conceded too much goals in the last matches.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)