How footballitalia rated Italy's players (2 Viewers)

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
The latest issue of Football Italia rated the players thus
Buffon 6.5
Panucci 7
Nesta 7
Cannavaro 7
Maldini 4.5
Materazzi 4.5
Iuliano 6
Coco 7
Tommasi 7
Zanetti 7
Di Biagio 7
Gattuso 6
Doni 5
Zambrotta 8
Di Livio 6.5
Totti 7
Vieri 9
Delpiero 5
Inzaghi 6.5
Montella 6.5

Personally I was so disgusted i have sent an email to the person, whose article it was accusing him of being a Roma fan, how else will you give such marks to Totti, Panucci, Tommasi and Montella implying that they had such very good world cups and then give Del Piero 5 who scored more goal than all of them combined
What do you think people

Buy on AliExpress.com

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Absolutely!!! These ratings are ludicrous! How do you explain Montella is ranked higher than Del Piero?? Totti gets a 7 and Buffon only 6.5?? Di Livio and Buffon were equally good?? Maldini 4.5 and Iuliano 6?? Zambrotta 8?? Vieri 9??

OP
denco

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Strange isnt it Alex, how Dilivio can get the same marks as Buffon, Maldini okay he wasnt the best in most matches but i felt he redeemed himself a bit against South Korea, how on earth Montella who played the worst ever corner kick in wc history and really didnt do much against Mexico can get 6.5 with Inzaghi and Dp who actually scored a goal that counted gets 5 is beyond me. Not to talk of the ridiculous scenario where zambo has 8 and Vieri 9 what for? What will players like Ronaldo and others like Khan have? How can Totti who was a massive disappointmenat have 7 and Panucci whom i feel should never be allowed ,together with Materazzi, to play for Italy again, get 7

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well neither you nor I can explain this laughable suggestion. I would distinguish Panucci from Materazzi, the former I thought wasn't too bad. Otherwise I agree with everything.

Football Italia is known to be a quality product. But this... well...

Vinman

2013 Prediction Cup Champ
    Jul 16, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by JuventusFan ] ++
    It seems to that they might be related to Soccerage somehow :)
    LOL

Did Totti even play in the tournament ??? His most significant play was the crap red card he got, oterwise he was non=exisistent

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
    Buffon should get a 7.5 at least,remember that penalty he saved?
    del piero?well,i can say he does deserve a higher rating,but at most a 7.do you remember the match he started?he was quite under-par i remember....but the performace in the match he scored the goal(yes,what a goal)he was absolutely inspirational.

next zambro.i disagree with alex on this one,i think he deserves it.the best performing player for juve in this wc in my book.

iuliano getting a 6 is totally unexplainable.he played very well,and therefore deserves a 7.5

di livio?a 5.5 at the very least.and a 5.51 at the very most.nuff said.

i do not know where totti's seven came from,really.especially when he wasted those corners when dp could have taken them perfectly.

and come on.do you really think maldini desrves that 4.5?man this is crap.

Bongiovi

Jul 12, 2002
    mmm I saw those as well when my copy came through the post over a week late.....
    I'd like to meet the guy who gave Totti 7 and ask him what substance he was taking at the time...

Denco have you had a reply????

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    mmm I saw those as well when my copy came through the post over a week late.....
    I'd like to meet the guy who gave Totti 7 and ask him what substance he was taking at the time...

Denco have you had a reply????
    No I haven't actually but I am not hopeful as I told him I thought he was a Roma fan and his article was unprofessional as i thought he/she allowed personal feelings to get into the way of professionalism

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
    Those ratings are scandalous!:mad: How the hell does Totti get 7 and Del Piero 5? DP only got to play about 90 minutes,and he scored a goal. Totti played more than 360 minutes,and all he accomplished was assisting Vieri against Ecuador,being sent off against Korea and hit the post against Croatia. He also missed some ridiculously easy chances.

My ratings for the Juve players :

Buffon - 7.0 (He let in 5 goals,but none of them were really his fault,saved a penalty)

Iuliano - 7.0 (Only played once,but was solid)

Zambrotta - 7.5 (Good performance. He did alot of good defensive work,only thing he missed was a goal/assist)

Del Piero - 7.0 (Only played 90 mins. Scored equalising goal against Mexico)

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #11
    My personal marks would have been
    Buffon 7
    Panucci 5
    Nesta 6.5
    Cannavaro 7
    Maldini 5.5
    Materrazzi 4
    Iuliano 6
    Coco 6
    Tommassi 5.5
    Zanetti 6.5
    Di Biagio 6.5
    Gatusso 5.5
    Doni 5.5
    Zambrotta 6.5
    Di livio 5
    Del piero 6
    Totti 5.5
    Vieri 7.5
    Inzaghi 5.5
    Montella 5

Loppan

Jul 13, 2002
    I don't understand why Montella has a higher grade than Del Piero. He played for like 20min totally and didn't have an impact at all.

delpi25

Jul 16, 2002
    this is a joke. Del Piero played good in all the games he played. Vieri has the ability to score and nuffin more. He is not a team player and doesnt deserve the admiration that he gets from azzurri fans

OP
    denco

denco

Superior Being
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    ++ [ originally posted by Bongiovi ] ++
    Denco have you thought of applying for that guys job at Football Italia??....You sure make a better job of it than he does!!
    :cool::)

Jul 12, 2002
    The difference is that Football Italia's ratings make Italy seem good. denco's paint a more accurate picture.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    I sit here with the August issue and in response to these laughable ratings, they printed an angry fan's reply criticizing the ratings and accusing the author of being a Roma fan.

To which Football Italia responds: "Thanks for your repsonse, proving that different opinions are what makes football such a beautiful game. For the record, Milan-based Dominique Antognoni is definitely not a Roma fan".... effortless reply to put it mildly. :lazy:

At a closer look, the ratings suggested by this user exactly match denco's!!!! Did they publish your letter, denco? I'll scan the text later so you can see if it's a match

EDIT: Here is the image from the mag... I have to say it very much resemble's denco's points, the same players mentioned as well. I'm become increasingly confident that Dennis Neri is one of ours... :D Here are your 15 minutes of fame, denco, enjoy! ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)