how do you guys rate the english premire league. (1 Viewer)

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
the itilan league is mostly viewed as a bit boring in the uk, although the teams are respected very much, in fact they fear a lot of english clubs.

some of the players in italy are great, nedved is excellent, as is maldini, turham, buffon

the goes on.

youll never walk alone

Buy on AliExpress.com

Tom

The DJ
Oct 30, 2001
I'd say its more exciting than Serie A in general, though there are many entertaining serie A matches the media in England wouldn't let you believe that though. On the whole the reason the EPL is entertaining is because the quality of defending is poor, so more chances are created. In Italy even the weaker teams know how to defend so there are less easy games and more tight matches.

Still there are some quality players in the EPL too, though not as many as Liga or Serie A in my opinion.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
It's entertaining - the play is quite like it is here in NL (although they really ought to stop keeping a line of defenders in the back no matter what) and a lot of my fellow-country man play there.

We get to watch several EPL matches per week (LIVE) and I almost always enjoy them, though I don't have a real favourite team.

I'd say it's the best league in Europe after Spain and Italy!

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #4
    im not so sure, i think its a mentality thing with us english, teams like juve scare english team apart from man utd and liverpool who are used to playing the top sides,

i think chelsea will do well in the champions league next season, they could be dark horses.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    actually we (juve) struggle against english teams more than teams from other countries. We win our own league, we can knock out three spanish teams but struggled against newcastle and manu particularly. Must be the english style of play we find hard to deal with, dunno why

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    its true that mate. I was gutted when you got beat by man utd (we call them manure on the liverpool chat) but we beat them in the league cup a few days later.

i dont think anyone can say the english league isnt improving.

youll never walk alone

OP

Mullarkey

Jun 2, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    manc come back when yous are a great club.

liverpool youll never walk alone.

owen,gerrard,heskey,hamann,riise,hyypia,henchoz,dudek,baros,kirkland,carragher,murphy,mellor,diao,diouf.

Jul 28, 2002
    lol the english game are great laugh, go watch blackpool, brighton even liverpool:)D) its like as soon as the wislte goes it all out adrenilin ruch, hugely fast pace, little real build up jus BANG

Jul 28, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by John #10 ] ++
    lol the english game are great laugh, go watch blackpool, brighton even liverpool:)D) its like as soon as the wistle goes it all out adrenilin rush, hugely fast pace, little real build up jus BANG messy n not very technical but physical n fast paced

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Mullarkey ] ++
    the itilan league is mostly viewed as a bit boring in the uk, although the teams are respected very much, in fact they fear a lot of english clubs.

some of the players in italy are great, nedved is excellent, as is maldini, turham, buffon

the goes on.

youll never walk alone
    i like the way machester play.and they are the only team in the world imo juventus can't beat.maybe english game is better than italian u know less tactis and defense but italian football still rules.
    :thumb:

Jul 12, 2002
    I like the EPL best in european leagues. I actually hate Serie A, I really detest watching it, except for Juve. I'd rate Spain, France, and Netherlands all as more entertaining, and Germany, France, and Turkey at least the same.

my_hitzJUVE

Dec 14, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Manutd.Visitor ] ++
    Beckham, Wes Brown, Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand, Nicky Butt ...:D
    i thought he (Butt) were arrested yesterday....
    mmm....i think thats the difference between EPL and Serie a...

some of the EPL players and managers still don't know how to behave themselves...drugs, drink and drive, girl assault, prostitutions...etc among EPL players and managers is normal scenario...

at least serie a has better condition...

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by bongo10 ] ++
    EPL is become like scottish league only Manchested and Arsenal battling for the title
    Newcastle will be right there next year, Chelsea are always challenging, and Liverpool only last year dropped off a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)