How can DP be made scapegoat? (1 Viewer)

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by AndriesGobert ] ++
I don't think Del Piero will recover from this. He gets blamed all the time so I wouldn't blame him if he says he doesn't want to play for the Azzurri anymore. And apparently everyone so easily forgets Del Piero scored 5 goals in 5 games in the qualifiers.
It seems to me that they don't care about what he has done, they're only concerned with what he has not done.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Stu

Jul 14, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The truth is that, with Lippi being the new boss of azurri, it seems that a place for Del Piero will keep opened in the future. Alex has been a favorite player for Marcello for many years...
That's what my primary opinion was when I heard that Lippi was the new Italy boss, but Marcello has hinted that Gilardino will play a big role in his team, as will Cassano. Doesn't sound like there's any space for DP to me.

++ [ originally posted by Don Bes ] ++

true. i d rather see him retire than get on the bench or not called at all.

Not me. I actually think that he should still be a member of the squad but Lippi should use him sparingly. When Alex comes off the bench with say 20 minutes left he always seems hungrier than if he starts as was shown in WC02 and against Parma this season.

Erkka

Mar 31, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
The truth is that, with Lippi being the new boss of azurri, it seems that a place for Del Piero will keep opened in the future. Alex has been a favorite player for Marcello for many years...
yeap, and DP deserves to wear Azzurri shirt...

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
I would be happy if he is called for the bench in the world cup qualifiers.... because we al know that cassano and maybe gilardino or any other guy will be in the starting eleven.

Lippi already said that the italian federation asked to him to build a new team... of course with the main players there.

OP
Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #26
    You know, it's painful to see that the real Ale never returned from that knee injury. Del Piero was better than ZIDANE at that time. He was by far the best player in the world. And now..well..it really is a pity.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    -------------------------Buffon-------------------------
    Oddo---------Nesta-----------Ferrari---Zambrotta
    ------------------Pirlo----------Gattuso----------------
    -----Miccoli-------------Totti------------Cassano-----
    -----------------------Gilardino-------------------------

They you go Marcello. I did the hard work for you.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #29
    ++ [ originally posted by Paolo_Montero ] ++
    Agreed. Makes you sad it really does. These years should be his prime, and look at him.
    And in 2002-2003 he did play a good season, but not like the old Ale. For a moment I thought he had stood up in the world cup, but apparently Trapattoni didn't like that idea very much.:down:

But he still has got class, no one can deny that. He's just not that incredible anymore.

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #30
    It really is sad. One moment, the difference between God and Godot.

Tom

The DJ
    Oct 30, 2001
    But he still has got class, no one can deny that. He's just not that incredible anymore.
    As a person i'd agree, but as a footballer I'm not so sure

OP
    Seven

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
    Jun 25, 2003
  • Thread Starter #32
    Yeah, his backheel against Torino was incredible and he does sometimes do incredible things. But not on a regular base anymore.

Dr-Juve

Mar 11, 2004

He got a very good chance to improve with capello
    Although I don’t think he is a superstar anymore
    But he is our symbol, juve symbol

mate

Aug 28, 2002
    Del Piero sucked badly (all goals oportunity wasted, not an assist, not a good ball 4 his teammates, not one single dribbling winned, so many balls losed, so many passing failed) esactly the same of WC 1998 and EURO 2000 but he is not the "scapegoat", there is already a "scapegoat" and it is Trapattoni infact he was sacked as soon as Italy was kicked out of the EURO.

Nobody expected Del Piero to do well infact here in Italy nearly all media and fans was screming at the scandal when he was called up, he was one of worst second fowards of serie A even Flachi and Di Michele weare doing better than him and deserved that azzurri jersey more than him but blind Trap decided to take him to the EURO, so it was his foult, DP could not do better... the mistake was to allow him to go to the field.
    And is not finisch...
    Vieri had a terrific and of season... ok Trapattoni could not leave him home but he had to take to Portugal a good alternative to him, he had to take Gilardino cause Corradi is a good player but he never score. Gila was the italian topscorer!!!
    Everybody knows that Totti has a weak personality so Trapattoni was wrong to put all those pressure on him declaring that he is Italy and all ouers tournament depended on him. Totti could not stand the responsability and loose the control. And of course his extra attention to Totti pissed up and made jealous others players.
    Perrotta, Zanetti and Camoranesi had a bad season... why the hell he counted on them too???
    4-2-3-1 is a shit way to put those players on field, cause this is a good module just if you have the right players to do it but with the players Trap had he had to force most of tham out of their natural role. And also this module was not used anymore from Italians teams (excluding Parma) so he was stupid to insist on it, it was easier to use Milan's or Roma's.
    Cassano was the only player "on fire" we had but Trapattoni didn't make him start the first match (who was IMO the one that cousted us the elimination) and if was not 4 Totti's banning he wuold bench Cassano all matches.
    All players weare in war with each other... every day there was somebody crying with the media... Del Piero (crying cause Totti had more attention), Fiore (schouthing Camoranesi schould not play with Italy), Gattuso (pissed when himself and Pirlo didn't start vs Denmark), Oddo (disappointed cause Trapattoni decided the starting 11 to early and never changed his mind), Vieri (insulting the press) and even Peruzzi (crying cause he thought to deserve to be considered same as Toldo and not the third).Never there was so many polemics in the NT, this was the worts gestion ever! It looked like a race beetwin players to have more pages on the newspapers not a competiton that they had to win all togeder... and in this cases is impossible to go anyweare....
    Trapattoni failed in all his decision... the calling ups, the formations and also the changings... he is the main "scapegoat". Than of course are the players who go on field but is the coach who choose tham... and in this case he made mistakes that everybody exluding him will be able to do :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)