How big a Juventus legend is Roberto Baggio? (1 Viewer)

sadmir

Aug 18, 2006
Baggio is the best Italian Player of all time!! and the 2nd best player after Zidane to wear the Juve jersey. probably the most under-rated player of all time.[/QUOTE

What??? u serious....... what about del piero and platini where do they fit in???......for me the only legend and a true juventino who is loyal to his club no matter if he plays in serie B or A is the only one player that we all can call the legend is Alessandro Del Piero...... and I respect Baggio, Zidane (on of my favorite of all time), Platini and so on...those players were only in juve for couple of seasons and they are gone!, but the legends are forever!

Del Piero The "King" Of Delle Alpi

peace!

Buy on AliExpress.com

Morra10

Apr 30, 2006
What??? u serious....... what about del piero and platini where do they fit in???......for me the only legend and a true juventino who is loyal to his club no matter if he plays in serie B or A is the only one player that we all can call the legend is Alessandro Del Piero...... and I respect Baggio, Zidane (on of my favorite of all time), Platini and so on...those players were only in juve for couple of seasons and they are gone!, but the legends are forever!

Del Piero The "King" Of Delle Alpi

peace!

del piero may be a juventus legend but baggio was the greatest italian born player, period.

- vOnAm -

Jul 22, 2004
Roberto Baggio is an Italian legend. He was absolutely brilliant, and his technique, Well lets just say it has always been very consistant, and defntatly more consistant than our Del Piero.

He took quite a dip inform after his famous '94 missed penalty kick, which was really "THE MOST HEARTBREAKING" momment for me. Afterwards, he was never the same player really. I mean he still did brilliant things with the ball, but never the player before 94.

How big of a Juve legend is he?
Well, he wasn't a Juventus fan thats for sure. But he spent 5 seasons with us, thats the same amount of time he spent with Fiorentina. I believe he IS a Juve legend, alongside Zidane. They may not be the most loyal, but their performances during their stay with us merit such an honor. Baggio's contribution on the pitch to Juve was immense, more than Del Piero's post 2000 to Juve.

Baggio isn't as big of a Juve legend as Del Piero, but he certainly deserves to be included as a Juve legend IMO.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
I agree with Vonam, Baggio is an Italian legend, one of the most talented players we ever had, IMO he is better than both DP+Totti put together,
one of the last real great players football has ever seen,
we were lucky to have this rare tool at our disposal but...
to become a Juve legend, you need more than that, he wasnt in love with Juve,
he was in love with his personal carrier.
While a Juve legend is a player that offers more to the club,
his mind, his heart, his carrier, everything... Del Piero is such a player,
he is a real part of Juve, if Juve hurts,
DP suffers and i never doubted that he would hesitate to sacrifice a part of his personal success for Juve,
Baggio would never do that !

Vidocq

Sep 9, 2006
I agree with Vonam, Baggio is an Italian legend, one of the most talented players we ever had, IMO he is better than both DP+Totti put together,
one of the last real great players football has ever seen,
we were lucky to have this rare tool at our disposal but...
to become a Juve legend, you need more than that, he wasnt in love with Juve,
he was in love with his personal carrier.
While a Juve legend is a player that offers more to the club,
his mind, his heart, his carrier, everything... Del Piero is such a player,
he is a real part of Juve, if Juve hurts,
DP suffers and i never doubted that he would hesitate to sacrifice a part of his personal success for Juve,
Baggio would never do that !

totally and totally agreed with every single word. :tup:

ararossi

Jun 6, 2007
That true baggio was more the savoiur of italy then juventus, we had some great legands with us in past yesteryears etc platini, the late scirea so on & so forth but recently i put delpiero first & foremost on the list .Zidane no doubt one of the greats in the game but his money move to real put paid to the legend status in the club.I would like to give kudos to another underated legend antonio conte who gave his heart & soul for the club when he played altough it seems he is pissed with us regarding the result of our final match.

Marko

GhostDog
May 1, 2006
He's not Juve legend because he didn't stayed long enough. No doubt that he's Italian legend, I always liked to watch him.

Carlo D

The Jazz Man
May 27, 2007
The very first time I saw Roby Baggio, he was being interviewed on tv. (late 1989 when he was still with La Viola Fiorentina) At that point I'd never even seen him kick a ball, but as soon as I saw his face I knew the kind of guy he was. He had the guile & cunning of a "street wise wide boy," the kind of quality that some people think is the only thing that gives you credibility in this life, while others hate it! Then there's people like me who saw & appreciated the way he combined his guile with his fabulous skills to be the player he was...no, maybe not a Juve legend in terms of time spent with us like our "irreplaceable" Alex, but unlike so many other players you could mention, the Little Prince, Divine Pony Tail, call him what you like, had that something extra that precious few others, Italian or otherwise ever had, & I treasure my memories of his playing days.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)