How about we sell Moggi? (1 Viewer)

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
sell a transfer guru who has been a major reason for our successes over the past decade? you must be nuts!

everyone wants Moggi, it's a known fact!

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
Moggi's record is impressive indeed. You don't realize it until you actually see it... Lippi came in the same year as him, right?

I wonder which one of them two have a final word on transfers. Could it be that when Lippi says "I want that forward", Moggi replies- "No" ???

denco

Superior Being
Jul 12, 2002
He has been good for Juventus , I must admit but he is not my cup of tea at all
Best transfer guru in the world my arse, this is the guy whom said tha Oliviera is the best youngster in world football and where is this is so called greatest now? This is the same person who shelled money for Baiocco, 16m on DiVaio and messing upa promising Brighi in the same process
33m on a goal keeper?
Same guy who said we do not need defenders and because of that we are out of money spinning Cl.

Same guy who had Cannavaro in his pocket but elected to not buy him and Inter got him for 7m

Same guy that allowed such a prized asset like Davids go for free

Arsenal play with much more panache and style than we do and up on till Reyes the highest they ever spent on a player was 13m for Wiltord

Yes really the best transfer guru in the market and real eye for talented player

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by denco ] ++
Best transfer guru in the world my arse, this is the guy whom said tha Oliviera is the best youngster in world football and where is this is so called greatest now? This is the same person who shelled money for Baiocco, 16m on DiVaio and messing upa promising Brighi in the same process
33m on a goal keeper?
Same guy who said we do not need defenders and because of that we are out of money spinning Cl.

Same guy who had Cannavaro in his pocket but elected to not buy him and Inter got him for 7m

Arsenal play with much more panache and style than we do and up on till Reyes the highest they ever spent on a player was 13m for Wiltord

Yes really the best transfer guru in the market and real eye for talented player
No club or transfer guru has never made mistakes. Buffon was expensive, but very young for a keeper, and perhaps the best in the world in his position. I think the money shelled out for him was well spent. Not getting Cannavaro was right, look at how low he has sunk. Arsenal, or Wenger, has great connections with the French market, but they have also made many wrong purchases, and the link established with the French market there is quite unique.

Moggi isn't perfect, but look at some of the players he has found, and look at the way Juve has been run for a long time. We don't use much money, but we have still been one of the very best clubs in the worlc. We're not where we want to be right now, and if Moggi's not able to fix it this summer we can start pointing fingers.

Right now I don't think we can't. Before this season people were taling about how incredibly great we looked, just dig up some old posts. The season hasn't gone well, and Moggi has work to do, but I have faith, as he has done extremely well in previous years in renewing our squad.

nina

Feb 18, 2001
++ [ originally posted by Torkel ] ++
No club or transfer guru has never made mistakes. Buffon was expensive, but very young for a keeper, and perhaps the best in the world in his position. I think the money shelled out for him was well spent.
Would just like to add that he was bought before the football recession and so the tag price wasn't considered thát big for that time.

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Put it like this: Moggi got Zidane for £3m. That alone makes him competent in my eyes. ;)

Course in the latter years he has made some wacko decisions.. :eyepatch:

Desmond

Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Pendir ] ++
I wonder which one of them two have a final word on transfers. Could it be that when Lippi says "I want that forward", Moggi replies- "No" ???
it's often been said that lippi tells moggi what type of player he wants,possibly with a shortlist of potential targets,and then luciano goes around hunting for more and nabbing the best deal available:)

it's well known that they work well together on the transfer market

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Desmond ] ++
it's often been said that lippi tells moggi what type of player he wants,possibly with a shortlist of potential targets,and then luciano goes around hunting for more and nabbing the best deal available:)

it's well known that they work well together on the transfer market
As Lippi worked with Moratti, but that didn't work that well. For example Lippi wanted Thuram but got Panucci.

Togon

Nov 2, 2003
And what they have won on international level? sole UEFA cup runners-up place till now. I agree Wenger made tremendous job, but he had about 8 years to build a team, and not a single word against him, when they didnt succeed (which happened quite often). IMO His position is not comperable to Lippi's.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
Jul 12, 2002
33m on a goal keeper?

LOL LOL LOL LOL

And what an impressive list of trophies Arsenal has. Please! If you wanted to make a point, you should have gone with Manchester United or Real Madrid. Arsenal is a minor league outfit on the world stage, at present, but they are growing.

During Euro 2000, all the French team players were in high demand and the coach bars all transfer talk until competition is over - EXCEPT Moggi is the only one allowed to make contact, as arrangements are made for Moggi to sign Trezeguet. Why was an exception made for only Moggi? Because he has clout.

Davids? He was unhappy and wanted to move. He cannot be forced to stay with Juve. Di Vaio? At the time it was hailed as a brilliant move. Brighi? How on earth did Moggi screw up Brighi?????????????? Parma was desperate for him, Moggi refused to sell, but agreed a two-year loan. After one year Parma culdn't wait to get rid of him and loaned him Brescia. You blame Moggi?

How many hundreds of clubs play in Europe?
How many have won as many major trophies in the last 10 years as Juventus?
None.
Moggi's results speak volumes.

Jul 28, 2002
miccoli, nedved?? Gigi?? Look at the team we have been winning with, who helped build it?? Moggi...who needs to rebuild it....Moggi

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
IN some way i ahve to agree with padovano.... Moggi have been doing good and bad moves.., but in the ned he have being achieving results .

Now he will have to show what he have prepared for this new juve thou.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)