Houssem Aouar - M LC - Lyon (4 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The fact that no other club has taken him yet makes me hopeful that we're working on it
Seems to me that French nobody journalists are pushing for him to move to a bigger club, Juve being popular in general, if not then PL.

You'd think one Italian journalist would have a hint of something happening if we were in talks, considering those links, but there is nothing.

Suns

Release clause?
May 22, 2009
Seems to me that French nobody journalists are pushing for him to move to a bigger club, Juve being popular in general, if not then PL.

You'd think one Italian journalist would have a hint of something happening if we were in talks, considering those links, but there is nothing.
This year, I feel like Italian journalists(or any other for that matter) have no idea what we're doing. The rumors have been all over the place, McKennie came out of nowhere.

It's impressive how they're avoiding leaks this summer. Last year we knew everything about who we were signing long before.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He's a clickbait journalist, only popular because he tells everyone what they want to hear. Then he gets panned when the window closes and none of his deals are done. Next window everyone wants Mombly again.

Transfer rumours are a business in their own right now, they let people get their fix to hear about this or that potential signing, even if nothing comes of the majority of them. No different to those people making 'Welcome to __ ' compilation videos on YouTube.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Not gonna lie I thought you were going somewhere else with this.
Lol sorry

Perhaps. I just think if City or Arsenal wanted him they would have shelled out the dough already. The fact that he hasn't been bought yet suggests they're either not interested or he's in talks with someone else. A lot of conjecture, I know.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
He's a clickbait journalist, only popular because he tells everyone what they want to hear. Then he gets panned when the window closes and none of his deals are done. Next window everyone wants Mombly again.

Transfer rumours are a business in their own right now, they let people get their fix to hear about this or that potential signing, even if nothing comes of the majority of them. No different to those people making 'Welcome to __ ' compilation videos on YouTube.
Seriously, if you follow him closely you'd see he's had a lot of scoops. A few of them didn't materialize, but all around he's worth at least reading

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Seriously, if you follow him closely you'd see he's had a lot of scoops. A few of them didn't materialize, but all around he's worth at least reading
If your job is as a 'journalist' or 'opinionist' then you are going to have some contacts, get something right now and then. Show me one he's got right and there are 20 that are just opinion pieces. He even says it as his job title. If it's your job you have to know something at least.

I just looked at his Twitter feed and the last three "Boom Boom mercato" (twat) bits I saw for Juve and the future either mention or have photos of Guardiola, Icardi, Pogba, Isco and Aoaur.

tbt.gif

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006

I agree, don't really trust him but then again you have highly reliable journalists like Di Marzio and his minion Romano who report about deals getting done 1 day before it's official. What's the point?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
Momblano should have been burned after the Pep saga. The fact people still follow him shows boredom and general unhappiness with the transfer window. Everyone expected a revolution after a disappointing CL elimination and what we get instead in a rather slow and well controlled (maybe not that well thought-though) evolution.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I agree, don't really trust him but then again you have highly reliable journalists like Di Marzio and his minion Romano who report about deals getting done 1 day before it's official. What's the point?
Yeah you want proper insider information. But like @Suns said, if the club are a closed book these days then little or nothing will get out before it is due. The McKinnie deal was unofficially done and then came the story.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
If your job is as a 'journalist' or 'opinionist' then you are going to have some contacts, get something right now and then. Show me one he's got right and there are 20 that are just opinion pieces. He even says it as his job title. If it's your job you have to know something at least.

I just looked at his Twitter feed and the last three "Boom Boom mercato" (twat) bits I saw for Juve and the future either mention or have photos of Guardiola, Icardi, Pogba, Isco and Aoaur.

tbt.gif
Breaking out Neymar to PSG, breaking out Cristiano Ronaldo to Juve first, Allegri to Juve, Allegri out, shoulder injury for De Ligt when it was unknown and he had bad performances, city going to be summoned to CAS (one year late but he knew before anyone), first interest in Demiral, Sarri out, scoops of what happens in training

He has a way of playing with his audience and he's eccentric, that might be one of the reason why he's hated. That and the Guardiola saga (which according to him, was conditional to City getting the ban)

People need to calma.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Momblano was an obscure "journo" no one paid attn to before his hail Mary on Ronaldo (some give him credit for Allegri firing but anyone with working prefrontal cortex knew he was going to be fired). That was his golden ticket to be a recognizable "journo," but he has ruined it by going with the wrong strategy of more hail Marys.

All this is still two yrs "young" and he can still pander to the lowest common denominator, but soon enough they will catch on and he will go back to being obscure.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Lowest common denominator, that would be Sarri supporters. Cant be taken seriously sorry ^

All im saying he's had misses and bad calls but he's had also good ones.

Plus Allegri, after the second meeting even di marzio and Nerozzi were saying he was staying

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Breaking out Neymar to PSG, breaking out Cristiano Ronaldo to Juve first, Allegri to Juve, Allegri out, shoulder injury for De Ligt when it was unknown and he had bad performances, city going to be summoned to CAS (one year late but he knew before anyone), first interest in Demiral, Sarri out, scoops of what happens in training

He has a way of playing with his audience and he's eccentric, that might be one of the reason why he's hated. That and the Guardiola saga (which according to him, was conditional to City getting the ban)

People need to calma.
A broken clock is right twice a day. Last summer he was talking about Juve being an option for Neymar if he left...

I don’t have a way of verifying those so I'll have to take your word for it. I do find it surprising for him to be the first on at least two of them. How could he possibly be the person to break a story about a Brazilian moving from a Spanish to a French team?

As for De Ligt's shoulder injury, it wasn't "unknown" at all. Anyone who watched the game could see him injure it with a probable dislocation. That he would need treatment and surgery for it is clear for people who know about shoulder injuries. That sort of thing doesn't just go away because the tendons or ligaments become torn or stretched so it becomes a recurring problem. The ball joint of the shoulder sits in a very shallow socket so needs strength from the surrounding tendons to keep it in place. As a sportsman he does not have 6-12 months to try to let it heal naturally so corrective surgery is often required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)