Houssem Aouar - M LC - Lyon (14 Viewers)

Pirlo's Beard

Junkie Joe Joyce
Oct 2, 2013
If the plan is to have this team, especially the mids, consistently and constantly press for the entirety of matches, we need 6 midfielders capable of doing it. The three who may not initially be in the starting XI will get plenty of matches under their belts. We can't expect the 3 starting mids to do this week in, week out.
Agreed. Plenty of game time will be available. 6 for 3 spots is ideal.

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Not too many if we consider a diamond 4-4-2.

For the CAM we'd have: Aouar + Kulusevski.

If we sell D. Costa we'd be a little short on wingers as well, meaning a diamond 4-4-2 would be probable at times.

Screenshot 2020-08-27 at 15.57.11.png
I'm not saying it's world class quality but that mid surely looks like a mid line up getting ready for Europe, not Serie A. Which is good of course.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Sure, but that was mainly due we couldn't sell. Can, Rabiot and Ramsey were barely used last season.

Yeah, that might be the case. But that would also mean that the likes of Ramsey, Rabiot and McKennie would barely get any minutes. Bench players would probably play start 1/3th of the season and fulfill a squad filler role with us mainly. It would mean Ramsey, Rabiot and McKennie would be satisfied with probably starting 10-15 league games.
If we play the bare minimum of games next season (go out in CL group stage and coppa 1st round) there are 45.540 minutes to be shared between 22 players. That's 2000 minutes on average for each player....

Aouar 3000
Bentancur 2500
Rabiot 2000
Arthur 2000
McKennie 1500
Ramsey 1000

Now if we reach Coppa final that's an additional 360 minutes (minus ET), CL each round 120 minutes. I think we can manage enough playing time for all of them, even if they all stay healthy all the time

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Kulu and Aouar together could give opposing teams some serious nightmares
Indeed. Having both of them here would be amazing.

I wouldn't expect much from our team next year, though. Not because they don't have the capacity to be great but because we need to change a huge chunk of our midfield at this point. I don't like majority of our players there.

Aouar would be one of the best moves for that department surely. So I'm hoping that guy is right when he says he's ours. Kulusevski too is a huge move imo, he seems incredible at this point. I just wish another quality move happens in mid. But one huge move like Aouar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)