House of Cards (1 Viewer)

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
i loved s01, but stopped following the show at about s02e03. should i just give the whole series a 2nd chance?

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
It's entertaining. Since I'm not American and don't have decent knowledge about US politics, I personally find the show very informative about general stuff that goes on US politics. Someone who studies political science for instance would find this show very, very silly I'd assume judging from various reviews.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
It's entertaining. Since I'm not American and don't have decent knowledge about US politics, I personally find the show very informative about general stuff that goes on US politics. Someone who studies political science for instance would find this show very, very silly I'd assume judging from various reviews.
I bet such a person would nitpick and say not everything is realistic. But that would be besides the point. Suits isn't realistic either. Lawyers don't argue murder trials and do mergers in the same week. It's still an entertaining show.

I liked the finale. It's also a much better season than the third. Not as good as the first though.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
Sigh, another cliffhanger season ending. Y U DO DIS TV SHOWS? It's not like people would stopped watching if you actually closed the stories you started :shifty:.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Sigh, another cliffhanger season ending. Y U DO DIS TV SHOWS? It's not like people would stopped watching if you actually closed the stories you started :shifty:.
They want it to be a cliffhanger, but it's not. The Underwoods do bad stuff together to gain power. Hardly surprising.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
believe me, you don't need to study political science to find it very very silly. Just watch it for entertainment.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I was expecting some reviews here! I just finished season 5!
What I find something very interesting from this season:
1. The more power they've got the more evil they've became.
2. Francis Barely got out of the house, except when he was riding the bicycle and that time he went to a forest with some other guys. In other words he was completely isolated.
3. I used to have a soft spot for Claire, but she is worse than him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Problem is that this show is no longer relevant. The entire setup is basically that politics are very complex and politicians are highly skilled manipulation artists who try to look like the good guy while doing horrible things behind the scenes. With Trump and his post truth society, that is a completely backwards view.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn A0001 met Tapatalk

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
Problem is that this show is no longer relevant. The entire setup is basically that politics are very complex and politicians are highly skilled manipulation artists who try to look like the good guy while doing horrible things behind the scenes. With Trump and his post truth society, that is a completely backwards view.

That and it's written terribly.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I haven't had any eagerness to start watching season 5, should I continue on this path or should I dump it totally?

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
The season wasn't bad at all. It's still a top notch series but it suffers from the same thing that every successful show does - people expect more and more and start to nitpick.

It's well worth watching if you already watched previous seasons. I mean, I usually want to see how the story ends.

I didn't really like the plot twist of this season but other than that it's still very good.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I haven't had any eagerness to start watching season 5, should I continue on this path or should I dump it totally?

I didn't really like this season, but I also don't like Fargo's third season and I believed you did.

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004

So true, my thoughts exactly! However it's possibly to depict such a thing later on, with a new opponent that is focused on populism.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I didn't really like this season, but I also don't like Fargo's third season and I believed you did.
I totally disliked Fargo season 3, I thought it was interesting in the first episode but afterwards it was just a disaster.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
I think you should watch it! Doug plays a huge part in the season, and it's expected to have a huge role in season 6! If you want more drama then just follow Donald Trump's news! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)