House of Cards (1 Viewer)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I just wanted to say the exact same thing!! :eek:

We managed two episodes today and they were both really amazing.

radekas

( ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)
Aug 26, 2009
I'm 7 episodes into season 2 right now and man this show is perfect. This season is even better than season 1, with all its greater political machinations.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
I just finished season 2 and holy shit, what a masterpiece this was. The chills I got from the last scene of the last episode...

FU indeed.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Finished it too.

How long do you guys predict Frank will hold the presidency down for? I mean it looks like the hacker dude will come out with the info, especially since there's no Stamper to give him the protection he asked for. But then again I thought Zoe and Lucas were going to expose him too and look at what happened to them.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I get why NetFlix wants to release all episodes of a season at once. But I also think they are shooting themselves in the foot just to prove a point.

Bandwidth constraints aren't the only reason why society has enjoyed TV serials at a released pace. A show like Breaking Bad would have never reached its levels of fandom, social media discussion, media talk, and ultimately viewership that it achieved in its final season if they simply just released all episodes at once. The pace helped make it more of a cultural event, which you completely lose in the all-at-once format.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I only finished Season 1 just yesterday.

This is one of the banes of the show's release format: people can't talk about it at the same time. :sergoi:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
OK, I finally finished Season 2. I have to say, it wasn't as good as Season 1 by a longshot. I think the plot layering got interestingly complicated by episode 8 or 9. But the last few episodes to me seemed weakly written, a bit chaotic, and with little more than a half-expected payoff.

For me the surprise element was gone and the storylines seemed forced. This series has gone from one of my more favorite shows to one I only half care about now.

Fint

Aug 13, 2010
Finished season two last night. Absolutely love this show, was devastated to discover there was only two seasons, and now have to wait 4 months or so for season 3 :sad:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)