Hottest Male Member (1 Viewer)

Chxta

Onye kwe, Chi ya ekwe
Nov 1, 2004
A US consulting film has calculated the film's release has cost $627m (£342m) in lost productivity.

Consulting firm Challenger, Gray and Christmas said the buzz about the film would prompt many people to skip work for daytime screenings.

"Already, we were looking at huge opening weekend audiences who have long anticipated the grand finale in this 28-year journey," said John Challenger.

He predicted the loss to companies based on absenteeism caused by the other prequels, the proportion in full-time work, and their average pay.

Fans in Leicester Square
Fans may skip work for daytime screenings, a consultant says
"Of course, these estimates are probably on the conservative side in light of the great reviews the movie is receiving," he said.

Several overseas markets have already reported advance takings higher than the box office grosses of the previous prequels, The Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones.

The massive interest in the film, which was premiered in Cannes on the weekend, has prompted many midnight screenings.

"We are seeing phenomenal advance ticket sales in many territories," Paul Hanneman, Fox International's exec VP for sales and strategic planning, told US magazine Variety.

One theatre chain said its advance sales were 60% higher than for The Lord of the Rings - The Return of the King, which took US$124m (£67.66m) in its first five days in North America.

"It is gigantic," said Fandango executive Art Levitt. "For those who are waiting for the opening bell to ring on summer, it's rung loud and clear."

I'm off to Lagos Monday, I'll get a copy there:D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
LOL no offense Majed, however you look like AJ from the Backstreet Boys. :D

:dazed:

That bad, eh?! oh well...

Maybe it's just that pic... My hair isn't that color. In the pics above, it's still wet (both happen to be taken after showers i think) and the awkward expression doesn't help either.. :undecide: :D
seriously though, that guy?!! of all people!! :LOL:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

:dazed:

That bad, eh?! oh well...

Maybe it's just that pic... My hair isn't that color. In the pics above, it's still wet (both happen to be taken after showers i think) and the awkward look expression doesn't help either.. :undecide: :D

seriously though, that guy?!! of all people!! :LOL:
Well the first thing I thought when I saw your pic was he looks familiar. Then I thought about the music industry and AJ popped into my head.

Dude, I can see the resemblance. :D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Padovano ] ++

What do you mean by saying "I'm correct"? I was quoting Jae.

He was the one that said I fvcked shoes for a living. And yes, in the USA "for a living" does refer to one's occupation. But, in my defense, a Mexican guy came through the courts this week - charged with having sex with goats. The owner of the goats said the guy has been raping the goats since last July!!!

So now, Emma and Jae, shoes don't sound so bad, do they?:D
bah i posted something about shoes earlier here, I thought that was it. Cut me a break its fvcking 7am and im outta coffee :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)