Hot Threads, New Threads, Closed Threads (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
I've noticed on the left hand side of the forum pages, that there's icons indicating hot threads, new threads, closed threads etc.

It may be in the FAQ somewhere, but I can't be bothered reading the faqin faq, so would u plz care to explain the limits/boundaries at which a thread becomes hot/new etc?

Buy on AliExpress.com

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
blue envelops- a thread in which you dint post but you read

red envelope- you didnt read all of it, nor did u post.

if you see a black spot in the middle it means u posted.

a thread with a lock on it means it was started either by you or DJ or some newcomer who didnt know that the topic has its thread

OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    a thread with a lock on it means it was started either by you or DJ or some newcomer who didnt know that the topic has its thread
    hardy har har

good one though ;):thumb: Don't forget Zlatan :D

I know about those ones, but what about hot, and when does a thread stop being 'new'?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    its hot either when it gets up to a certain post-activity level or a number of posts im not sure
    I know that, but what's the number?

new thread? what do you mean?
    Okay, from what i've seen, there's

dot_folder.gif
    dot_newhotfolder.gif
    newhotfolder.gif

so it seems there's at least 3 'categories': hot, new and dotted. Okay, dotted means you posted in that thread, but i just wanna know the limit for hot and new

e.g. when a thread's been around for say 7 days, does it stop being new?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #7
    Where the heck is that perverted polish goalkeeper? Answer me Matysek!

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well your maturity has taken its toll, my patience for lame posts has reached its limit, first the Milan fans and now this, I've had enough for today.

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #9
    not a good day at the office then? Sorry mate, it's just that i haven't been here for a good few days... it's like a release.

P.S. the Milan fans? I missed that...

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
    i guess im to blame here too martin.

but if im not mistaken it would be your patience that would have taken its toll, not gray's maturity.

what time is it over there?

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #11
    Maybe it is a time thing. I'm at the most lively part of the day, it's 13:15 over here... i'd imagine it's a far less tolerable hour for Martin (hey, I even called you Martin...at least i'm trying ;)). Maybe I'll consider the whole time zone thing next time i'm about to write something stupid..

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #12
    Ahh crap! I just realised after telling you guys the time here that I have a lecture to go to!

Hopefully I'll be back sometime during the week, but the thing is even if i get online on wednesday/thursday, I won't come here because they're showing delayed coverage of the Sociedad-Juve game, and I wanna watch it without knowing the result.

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
    I would like to know why before i enter a (hot) thread it's hot, but after posting and coming out, it doesnt look all that hot. (no heat waves coming out from on top of the envelopes)

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Where the heck is that perverted polish goalkeeper? Answer me Matysek!
    I like what you did there too :D You are learning ;)

++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++

hardy har har

good one though Don't forget Zlatan

I know about those ones, but what about hot, and when does a thread stop being 'new'?

Hey, my threads rock :stuckup:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #15
    ++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
    I would like to know why before i enter a (hot) thread it's hot, but after posting and coming out, it doesnt look all that hot. (no heat waves coming out from on top of the envelopes)
    simple reason deej, you're not hot :cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Can anyone explain this?

Lately when I refresh my "Search>Thread Result" page (that's how I look for active threads of the day) my umread thread markers (the red envelop) would all turn to the "read" mode (dark envelop) . How can I fix this?

I had no trouble with that before and I haven't altered any settings of my comupter/browser

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++
    Can anyone explain this?

Lately when I refresh my "Search>Thread Result" page (that's how I look for active threads of the day) my umread thread markers (the red envelop) would all turn to the "read" mode (dark envelop) . How can I fix this?

I had no trouble with that before and I haven't altered any settings of my comupter/browser
    Sometimes this happens for no reason :lazy:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)