Holland - America (1 Viewer)

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
Wednesday 18 February 2004 at 20.30 CET
Amsterdam Arena

I know, I know, technically speaking the title should say "Netherlands - United States" but let's face it, that ain't gonna draw any visitors. :D

Here are the line-ups, the most remarkable aspects being that America will play with mostly European based players and Advocaat has decided to call up 20-year old defender Johnny Heitinga for Holland (read an interview with him HERE!).

Johnny Heitinga is about to make his debut for Holland.

Here are the full squad lists:

HOLLAND
Keepers: Edwin van der Sar (Fulham), Ronald Waterreus (PSV).

Defenders: Frank de Boer (Rangers), Wilfred Bouma (PSV), Johnny Heitinga (Ajax), Michael Reiziger (Barcelona), Jaap Stam (Lazio), Boudewijn Zenden (Middlesbrough).

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (PSV), Phillip Cocu (Barcelona), Edgar Davids (Barcelona), Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan), Marc Overmars (Barcelona), Arjen Robben (PSV), Andy van der Meyde (Inter), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax).

Forwards: Pierre van Hooijdonk (Fenerbahçe), Roy Makaay (Bayern), Ruud van Nistelrooy (Man United).

AMERICA

Keepers: Tim Howard (Manchester United; Eng), Kasey Keller (Tottenham Hotspur; Eng), Jonny Walker (NY/NJ MetroStars).

Defenders: Gregg Berhalter (Energie Cottbus; Ger), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham; Eng), Steve Cherundolo (Hannover 96; Ger), Cory Gibbs (Dallas Burn), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Eddie Pope (NY/NJ MetroStars).

Midfielders: Chris Armas (Chicago Ger), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago Fire), Bobby Convey (DC United), Chris Klein (Kansas City Wizards), Eddie Lewis (Preston North End; Eng), John O'Brien (Ajax, Neth ), Claudio Reyna (Manchester City; Eng), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City Wizards).

Forwards: Conor Casey (Karlsruher SC; Ger), Landon Donovan (San Jose Earthquakes), Clint Mathis (Hannover 96; Ger), Brian McBride (Fulham; Eng), Josh Wolff (Kansas City Wizards).

Buy on AliExpress.com

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
THEY ARENT AMERICA, they are the United States of America, because Venezuela is still in America too.
Anyways this is so weird:

++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++

Midfielders: Mark van Bommel (PSV), Phillip Cocu (Barcelona), Edgar Davids (Barcelona ), Clarence Seedorf (AC Milan), Marc Overmars (Barcelona), Arjen Robben (PSV), Andy van der Meyde (Inter), Wesley Sneijder (Ajax), Rafael van der Vaart (Ajax).

OP
Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #3
    ++ [ originally posted by fabiana ] ++
    THEY ARENT AMERICA, they are the United States of America, because Venezuela is still in America too.
    Anyways this is so weird:
    Read the first alinea honey ;)

And yeah, that's sad :frown:

Dragon

Apr 24, 2003
    I did read the first line sweets but its almost the same saying Netherlands/Holland, not like United States of America and America, because that makes them sound like they knew the whole territory or something!

ANyways I think The Netherlands will win this game, USA just came from a 0-4 bashing against Mexico.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    I didn't realise Zenden was a defender.

Anyways, should be a good match, with the US hopefully receiving another thrashing

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #6
    He's leftback. Sort of the same story as Zambrotta really.

I did read the first line sweets but its almost the same saying Netherlands/Holland,
    No it's not - That's like saying "England" when you're referring to Scotland! Just because the biggest province in the country is most famous doesn't mean the rest of the country is the same!

SilvLightning

Sep 1, 2002
    Well I just hate it when people refer to it as America because they're not America!!!
    I feel the same way faby, you aren't the only one. Sadly over here, when people think of 'America' they just think of the US and not the rest of the countries in North and South America.

Jul 12, 2002
    I'm looking forward to the game. Netherlands should mop the floor with the US, but it'll be a good oppurtunity to see the US's foreign talent on display.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by SilvLightning ] ++
    I feel the same way faby, you aren't the only one. Sadly over here, when people think of 'America' they just think of the US and not the rest of the countries in North and South America.
    I don't know what the commotion is about. Everybody over here knows the difference! Fair enough, maybe because we all had at least one or two colonies over there but still.

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Rickenbacker ] ++
    I'm looking forward to the game. Netherlands should mop the floor with the US, but it'll be a good oppurtunity to see the US's foreign talent on display.
    You going or?

Wait, no. London? What the hell are you doing there now?!?! :D

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Matto ] ++
    You going or?

Wait, no. London? What the hell are you doing there now?!?! :D
    I'll probably just turn on the Tele, going to games doesn't really excite me the way it used to, especially when we're talking about friendlies.

London? Well, I do like the club scene and the pot isn't too bad here either, but I've got more legitimate reasons. I'm actually writing a book, and I wanted to be in Europe, but the book is supposed to be mostly in English, so I needed to be in that environment. Additionally, my sister has just given birth to her first child, a cute little girl named India. I wanted to be around and be a good uncle to her for at least a little while.

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
    Cool Ian, what's the book aboot?
    I'm no writer, so it's not a novel, it's actually going to be a book of poetry or rather verse. As for what it's about, I suppose that's something that I'll have to decide...

++ [ originally posted by [LAC] ] ++
    haha thats a funky name.
    Yeah, but I like it, and it's family tradition...besides, we can call her "Indy", like Indiana Jones...

OP
    Slagathor

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
  • Thread Starter #19
    Congratulations Ian and good luck with your book! Be sure to notify me when it's for sale on Amazon.com and the likes ;)

Fred

Oct 2, 2003
    no offence to erik and ian.
    but i'm not sure Holland can beat USA in this friendly,i mean its a friendly anything could happen,i wont be surprised if USA win actually.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)