History section of Juventuz (2 Viewers)

Dec 31, 2008

28 September 2010

80 years ago the Quinquennio era began

On Sunday 28th September 2930, in Turin, Juventus beat Pro Patria 4-1. The goals were scored by Cesarini on the 1st minute (a rather strange occasion for a player who generally scored in the final minutes) and a hat-trick by Vecchina on his official debut with the Juventus jersey.

Why is such importance given to this match? This is because exactly 80 years ago, thanks to this victory, Juventus officially began the Quinquennio era. The match against the team from Lombardia was the first match day of the 1930/31 championship, , the second after the one on a single round basis. The championship was won by the bianconeri and was the first of 5 consecutive titles.

On the field that day, the coach could count on a number of champions who left their mark in the history of Juventus such as the mythical trio Combi-Rosetta-Caligaris, Orsi and Ferrari. It was the debut for Giovanni Ferrari, the player who left his mark on all of the 5 scudetti besides another 3 won with Inter, for a total of 8, which until this very day makes him 1 of 3 record-man in the history of Italian football. He is in the good company of two other Juventus symbols, that is Beppe Furino (all won with Juventus) and Ciro Ferrara (6 won with Juventus and 2 with Napoli).​

Dec 31, 2008

26 November 2010

26th November 1996, Juventus World Champion

Just today, 14 years ago, Juventus was living one of their history unforgettable moments. On 26th November 1996, the bianconeri are back on the top of the world, winning Intercontinental Cup. In Tokyo, the Argentineans of River Plate are beaten 1-0 thanks to a feat by Alessandro Del Piero.

For the team trained by Marcello Lippi, it’ s the accomplishment of a masterpiece started with 1995 Scudetto and gone on with the Champions League, raising the cup to the Roman sky a few months before. For Juventus it’s about winning this Championship for the second time, after the one won in 1985, by the group Giovanni Trapattoni was training at that time.

:touched:

dinojuve

Sultan of Swing
Jul 8, 2009
In 1997 we played against PSG in the European Supercup but the second game we played on Renzo Barbera stadium. Why we didn't played the game in Turin?

BIG DADDY!!!

Mar 12, 2004
Didn't know were to post this.

Carrera charged with manslaughter

The former player of Juventus and Atalanta, Massimo Carrera, currently head of black and white youth, was indicted for manslaughter following a terrifying car accident in which two girls were killed in 23 years. With Carrera, suspects are also drivers of two cars involved in the accident. The former player of Juventus disrtutto for what has happened, and defends himself against accusations by saying: "I went up, there was my daughter with me at that time. They were standing in the street without headlights, I could not avoid them.

tuttojuve
"

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Even though I'm a fairly new member to this website, my English grammar is pretty solid and I welcome the initiative to bolster the website in terms of quality. I am completely oblivious to the history of Juventus compared to a lot in here, so I too offer my service in the spell checking and quality stamping area. PM me if my assistance is needed, if not I'll kick back and just spend my time reading up on the immense history we have.

The Curr

Feb 3, 2007
Even though I'm fairly new member to this website, my English grammar is pretty solid and I welcome the initiative to bolster the website in terms of quality. I am completely oblivious to the history of Juventus compared to a lot in here, so I too offer my serviced in the spell checking and quality stamping area. PM me if my assistance is needed, if not I'll kick back and just spend my time reading up on the immense history we have.
What are you talking about?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)