History section of Juventuz (1 Viewer)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
Torino ha finalmente la sua “Via Gaetano Scirea”

Da oggi, Gaetano Scirea è entrato ancora di più nella memoria dei tifosi juventini. Soprattutto di quelli di Torino. Il capoluogo piemontese ha infatti concesso un importante tributo alla memoria di uno dei più importanti giocatori della storia della Juventus e del calcio italiano.

Al nome di Gaetano Scirea, “stella del calcio bianconero e nazionale” (come riportato sulla targa) è stata intitolata una via nel quartiere Mirafiori. Per la precisione, nella prosecuzione di via Monte Sei Busi, tra via San Michele del Carso e corso Unione Sovietica 560, adiacente al campo della Polisportiva Mirafiori a cui, nell’occasione, è stato dato il nome di Giuseppe Corbo, lo storico segretario del club.

La cerimonia si è tenuta nel tardo pomeriggio alla presenza delle autorità cittadine e di importanti esponenti bianconeri, quali il presidente Giovanni Cobolli Gigli e Alessandro Del Piero. Oltre naturalmente a Mariella e Riccardo Scirea, moglie e figlio dell’indimenticato Gaetano.

Significative le parole pronunciate da Del Piero e da Mariella. «Purtroppo non ho potuto conoscere Scirea come persona ma solo come tifoso – ha della il capitano -. L’ho visto sollevare la Coppa del Mondo e anche per questo era un mio mito. In questi anni ho cercato spesso di imitarlo e sono onorato che qualcuno mi paragoni a lui».

Ha proseguito la signora Scirea, spiegando la scelta della zona e di un quartiere popolare come quello di Mirafiori Sud. «E’ quello che avrebbe voluto Gaetano, visto che amava stare in mezzo alla gente e rifuggiva la notorietà. Per questo siamo orgogliosi e onorati della scelta di questa via piccola e periferica. E poi, proprio in questo campo (quello intitolato oggi a Corbo, ndr), lui accompagnava Riccardo a dare i primi calci al pallone».

L’appuntamento si è concluso con una partitella amichevole che ha visto opposti una formazione giovanile della Juventus e una squadra della Scuola Calcio Gaetano Scirea. Incaricato di dare il calcio d’inizio è stato proprio Alessandro Del Piero.
wasnt sure where to post this.

phoibos

Feb 8, 2009
Scirea was renowned for his class, fair play and sportsmanship. Scirea was never sent off or suspended during his entire career(1972-1988).

WOW !!!!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Today is the 20th anniversary of the untimely, and all too soon, passing of one of the true legends of football, a world cup winner in 1982, and the perfect foil to Claudio Gentile's "ruthless tactics", forming one of the greatest partnerships in the history of club and international football, and passing the national team torch to Franco Baresi in 1986 to continue the great lineage of centrebacks to play for La Nazionale.

I'm talking, of course, about the greatest number 6 in the storied history of Juventus, Gaetano Scirea.

The greatest sweeper this side of Franz Beckenbauer, who is arguably the greatest of all time to play that position.

A rare breed of player, where just looking at an opposing striker the wrong way can get you a red card, he was never sent off once during his career, yet could dispossess you of the ball, and in the blink of an eye, already be down the pitch depositing the ball into the back of the net before you had a chance to catch your breath.

When he retired, the "sweeper" position, in essence, retired with him.

You've probably shed many tears up in heaven watching the events that have unfolded on your beloved club the past 20 years, Signore Scirea. Tears of Joy at the numerous scudetti and trophies to come their way, tears of sadness of losing the scudetto on a rain soaked Perugia pitch, and tears of shame and anger over the actions of the previous Triade, but know this.

When we reciprocate those tears in memory of you, it is because we know how much you meant to Juventus, to the fans, to the game, and we cry tears of joy as well, because we were so fortunate to have you all those years, and tears of sadness, because as much as many have tried, your qualities on and off the pitch have never been properly replaced, nor will they ever be.

And maybe,just maybe, that is how it should be. Certain legends of the game should never be replaced, never should have their name smeared with other players becoming the "New Scirea", or "New Charles", because those are heights which are practically unreachable, and unfair to the ones saddled with such monikers.

You were one of a kind, and your legacy lives on. Always.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
And I know, that it is 11:46 P.M. right now in Italy, so it is technically 14 minutes away form being September 3rd, but that is irrelevant. I just wanted to say "thank You" to the man, even if it is jsut a tad bit early

Enoran

Nov 3, 2007
Chanced upon this site full of old Panini stickers with many of them already Juve players way before I am an offical fan of JUVENTUS...

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
question: Marcello Lippi VS. Trappatoni...
which era is better? and which is the better coach in general?
I am only informed of what is on wikipedia so i wanna see what someone who witnessed their times' opinion on the matter

Dec 31, 2008
I was reading about Notts County and found a very interesting fact.

Juventus F.C. Shirts

The Italian football club Juventus F.C. derived its famous black-and-white striped kits from Notts County. Juventus have played in black and white striped shirts, with white shorts, sometimes black shorts since 1903. Originally, they played in pink shirts with a black tie, which only occurred due to the wrong shirts being sent to them, the father of one of the players made the earliest shirts, but continual washing faded the colour so much that in 1903 the club sought to replace them.[6] Juventus asked one of their team members, Englishman John Savage, if he had any contacts in England who could supply new shirts in a colour that would better withstand the elements. He had a friend who lived in Nottingham, who being a Notts County supporter, shipped out the black and white striped shirts to Turin.[7]
“ Juve have worn the shirts ever since, considering the colours to be aggressive and powerful.[7]

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
History fellas,
My bro (an interista) is telling me about a match between Juve & Inter that ended 9-1. It supposedly has something to do with the ref cancelling a match where they won 2-0?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)