Highway Robbery (1 Viewer)

Layce Erayce

Aug 11, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++
Today I was driving in a desolate area between mountains, on a road which is rather straight for about a mile. On this road going to and from the Uni, I usually speed because there usually are no cops on this road. So today, cruising along at a good pace, here comes a red and blue flashing behind me out of nowhere. This cop, who looks like his type of diet is a big fat chocolate eclair pulls me over and asks "do you know why I pulled you over?" I replied "well, I'll take a stab at it." Before I could continue with my answer he said I was going 70mph in a 55mph zone. So I gave him my license and registration, and he came back with a $135 fine, yes, a friggin $135 fine for going 15mph over the speed limit. Just more lousy income for a township police department to fund their donut and philly steak 'n cheese exhibitions.
I hate bum tickets. Hes either new at the job or a ****head who enjoys annoying people. I know some cops like that in the neighbouring township. :annoyed:

BTW- why would the speed limit be 55 on a highway like that? Arent you in Pennsylvania?

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #24
    ++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++

Would take some pressure off of you, would it? :D

Sorry, to easy :angel:
    Come on Martin I expected a more tactical response than that, with you being the sophisticated humorist yourself. :rolleyes: :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #25
    ++ [ originally posted by DukeVonEggwaffle? ] ++

I hate bum tickets. Hes either new at the job or a ****head who enjoys annoying people. I know some cops like that in the neighbouring township. :annoyed:

BTW- why would the speed limit be 55 on a highway like that? Arent you in Pennsylvania?
    Da. But this is a two-way, two lane road. It's like a country road, not an Interstate.

Jan 7, 2004
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    You think that's cruel? I got slapped with a $125 ticket for getting caught in a red light in the middle of the intersection. I got pulled over not too long ago for going 51 in a 40.......Good thing he let me go though. What kind of 4-lane road has a speed limit of 40 for God's sake!! :wth:

thats a good one.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #31
    I still don't know if I'm gonna go to court, and contest the ticket. It sure will be a fun experiance.

Jul 19, 2003
    I suggest you do. I was told most of the time the cop doesn't show up and you end up winning and not paying a penny.

On my visit, some guy was talking to me taking the info before I enter the courtroom and he gave me the option of paying it and keeping it off my insurance record.......an opportunity which I pounced on like a dumbass. I should've taken it to court. :fero:

K10

Jul 12, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Dwight Yorke was caught doing about 150mph and told the cop. 'Sorry its just one of those cars'

Think he got the same fine as you :D
    Typical Trini

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Actually Andy, the fine money does not go to the police donut fund, it goes to the local school system. Of the $135 hit you took, probably on $35 was the fine and the other $100 was for court costs. Out of the court costs, perhaps $15 will go to the police - $5 toward the retirement fund and $10 toward the donut fund.

So, don't be bitter, just look at this way: You bought a cop two meals at Dunkin' Donuts. You are making the world a better place.

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #35
    Pado, the fine itself is $55, along with an E.M.S. fee of $10, a CAT fee of 30 bucks and other "costs" (donuts) of another 30 bucks. They are totally racking me.

So Pado, should I take this to court or not? If so, what should I tell them? Come on criminal defense attorny. It might be a good idea, but will be time consuming and what if the cop shows up?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #36
    Oh, and by the way, on the ticket it said 70 in a 55, by method of "clocking", not by radar. What the fvck is that?

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #38
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    distance/time I'm guessing.......although that would be difficult to measure when you're going 70.
    Yeah that's what I was thinking. So that could be subject to human error, which is a standing point in court.

Jul 19, 2003
    Heh.......u're already planning your defence. I don't think that'll float. :p

You can always switch your wheels (although that's a bit of a hassle) to smaller ones and claim you were correcting for the speedometer displaying a lower velocity than the actual and just overdid it a bit. :devil:

I'm not responsible for you being jailed. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)