Highway Robbery (1 Viewer)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Today I was driving in a desolate area between mountains, on a road which is rather straight for about a mile. On this road going to and from the Uni, I usually speed because there usually are no cops on this road. So today, cruising along at a good pace, here comes a red and blue flashing behind me out of nowhere. This cop, who looks like his type of diet is a big fat chocolate eclair pulls me over and asks "do you know why I pulled you over?" I replied "well, I'll take a stab at it." Before I could continue with my answer he said I was going 70mph in a 55mph zone. So I gave him my license and registration, and he came back with a $135 fine, yes, a friggin $135 fine for going 15mph over the speed limit. Just more lousy income for a township police department to fund their donut and philly steak 'n cheese exhibitions.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
I don't call that robbery.. :D

you were speeding... you practically threw $135 out the window...your fault :p

** cough ** I got slapped with a $250 ticked a few nonths ago. :stress:

OP
Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #5
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++
    I don't call that robbery.. :D

you were speeding... you practically threw $135 out the window...your fault :p

** cough ** I got slapped with a $250 ticked a few nonths ago. :stress:
    Not my fault I have a car who loves to go fast.

But a $135 fine for going 15mph over the limit is absurd. There are so many poor people in Pennsylvania that they would kill themselves if they got a ticket like that.

That cop probably saw my car, and my Penn State license plate, so he thought I would be the perfect guy to jack up the fine. Asshole.

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    I cant complain. Sometimes I park there even though there is a traffic warden right nearby.

I dont want to get my hair wet by going parking a few mile away :D

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Andy ] ++

Not my fault I have a car who loves to go fast.

But a $135 fine for going 15mph over the limit is absurd. There are so many poor people in Pennsylvania that they would kill themselves if they got a ticket like that.

That cop probably saw my car, and my Penn State license plate, so he thought I would be the perfect guy to jack up the fine. Asshole.
    Moral of the story:

Drive a beat-up car and go as fast as you want, so when you get caught, the cop'll take a look at the car and charge you $1.50, a doughnut, and a stick of chewing gum.

Note: Don't buy an overly messed up car, because you might not even be able to go over the limit.

:D

seriously, the prices are rediculous, but i think it keeps people from speeding...

We never tight laws on speeding in SA, and people have beein driving like the city is an F1 track. In SA, they've just started to get really strict about 5 years ago. That's when they deployed more units, and when they put camera's at main intersections to catch people who run red lights (yes, very common thing)

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by Zlatan ] ++
    I'll get around a 150$ fine too :frown:
    That's all they fine you for smashing into a couple of trees, parked cars, and pedestrians in Sweden?

:D

Emma

Mar 4, 2004
    Dwight Yorke was caught doing about 150mph and told the cop. 'Sorry its just one of those cars'

Think he got the same fine as you :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #11
    ++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

seriously, the prices are rediculous, but i think it keeps people from speeding...

We never tight laws on speeding in SA, and people have beein driving like the city is an F1 track. In SA, they've just started to get really strict about 5 years ago. That's when they deployed more units, and when they put camera's at main intersections to catch people who run red lights (yes, very common thing)
    Will I speed again? Of course. This only gives me more reason to get a rader detector. :D

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #13
    ++ [ originally posted by Emma ] ++
    Why didnt you just outrun him. You coulda been on Americas Dumbest Criminals. :D
    :LOL: That would have been great. But you should never challenge an 8-cylinder Ford Crown Victoria to a race.

Jul 19, 2003
    You think that's cruel? I got slapped with a $125 ticket for getting caught in a red light in the middle of the intersection. I got pulled over not too long ago for going 51 in a 40.......Good thing he let me go though. What kind of 4-lane road has a speed limit of 40 for God's sake!! :wth:

OP
    Bjerknes

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
  • Thread Starter #15
    But considering this is open Pennsylvania, with not much traffic, the cops should let people drive faster. They should pull over the damn trucks for going under the speed limit, which makes people have to speed to be on time.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    You think that's cruel? I got slapped with a $125 ticket for getting caught in a red light in the middle of the intersection. I got pulled over not too long ago for going 51 in a 40.......Good thing he let me go though. What kind of 4-lane road has a speed limit of 40 for God's sake!! :wth:
    What do you know about road size vs. Max speed. Road where you come from (Cairo) don't even have a limit because nobody could move faster than 0.5 mph anyway! ;)

Jul 19, 2003
    Yeah.....but we also have no insurance requirement, bribery (u could get away with speeding for a cost of about $10 or less)......and damn it.....I wanna put my insurance money to use over here. :p

I'm not from Cairo though (Thank God).......It's better in my city but still pretty bad.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
    ++ [ originally posted by nosubstitute959 ] ++
    Yeah.....but we also have no insurance requirement, bribery (u could get away with speeding for a cost of about $10 or less)......and damn it.....I wanna put my insurance money to use over here. :p

I'm not from Cairo though (Thank God).......It's better in my city but still pretty bad.
    Oh.. where're you from then? :)

About the bribery and all that BS, you don't need to tell me... the curruption is all over that part of the world.. :down:

Riyadh is getting pretty damn crowded too... 5 lane highways are bumper to bumper most of the day. :groan:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)