Highest ever speed you drive? (2 Viewers)

Elnur_E65

Feb 21, 2004
I've never driven in Saudi, but UAE roads are certainly capable of that.

But there is also traffic. And traffic goes at 100- 120. Where are you gonna do 287 that easy?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Elnur_E65 ] ++
I've never driven in Saudi, but UAE roads are certainly capable of that.

But there is also traffic. And traffic goes at 100- 120. Where are you gonna do 287 that easy?
Yeah... Highways, specially in the Capital Riyadh, are pretty wide and nice. Much like the UAE.

About traffic..
Late night maybe?!

Anyhow, witnessing people drive at least 180 km/h is something normal and it viewed daily with or without traffic.

Other than weeving in between the cars, the "shoulders" of the highways are also used by many as 2 extra lanes... Not that many follow the lane rules anyway. It's common to see 5 cars side-by-sidea occuping the width of a 3-lane road!

Don't even get me started on the people who want to make a U-turn from the far right, or the people who sometimes drive the opposite of the traffic's flow just for the excitement!

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

Other than weeving in between the cars, the "shoulders" of the highways are also used by many as 2 extra lanes... Not that many follow the lane rules anyway. It's common to see 5 cars side-by-sidea occuping the width of a 3-lane road!

Don't even get me started on the people who want to make a U-turn from the far right, or the people who sometimes drive the opposite of the traffic's flow just for the excitement!
That is pretty "homo" in my opinion.

Why do the governing bodies not crack down on it?

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Bürke ] ++

That is pretty "homo" in my opinion.
Why do the governing bodies not crack down on it?
That's what's annoying the most...Things are being done, but they havne't solved thr problems compeltely... Things are better, but still not good enough.

So many people die a year from traffic accidents that it doesn't seem horrific anymore to them i guess. I don't know...
The Police catch so many traffic violaters a day, but still!

Some main intersections are now set up with camera's that automatically take a snap shot of the cars and license plates that run red lights through these intersections.... Some don't care and still run through the lights... Now these known intersections are sometimes called: "Discos" because the camera's flash often goes off!!
Hell! The camera's even had to be adjusted because a a couple of cars wourld run through a red light and the one going 200km/h won't get caught because they're too fast for the camera's distance calculations to get the right timing.

Other than tougher punishment for offenses and what I'm mentioned above, all i can think of is just the added radar speed detectors...

Apr 12, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Majed ] ++

That's what's annoying the most...Things are being done, but they havne't solved thr problems compeltely... Things are better, but still not good enough.

So many people die a year from traffic accidents that it doesn't seem horrific anymore to them i guess. I don't know...
The Police catch so many traffic violaters a day, but still!

Some main intersections are now set up with camera's that automatically take a snap shot of the cars and license plates that run red lights through these intersections.... Some don't care and still run through the lights... Now these known intersections are sometimes called: "Discos" because the camera's flash often goes off!!
Hell! The camera's even had to be adjusted because a a couple of cars wourld run through a red light and the one going 200km/h won't get caught because they're too fast for the camera's distance calculations to get the right timing.

Other than tougher punishment for offenses and what I'm mentioned above, all i can think of is just the added radar speed detectors...
Damn, that is so fuked up.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
One more thing that must be noted... A lot of resources are now being devoted to cracking down on terror suspects and on setting up checkpoints...etc. So, traffic issues aren't in the spotlight as much nowadays.

Majed

Jul 17, 2002
What's sad is that when you drive there, you must adapt a bit (in other words, speed up, ..etc.)

you get to learn a lot of tricks there...

Driving here in the US seems so borring and annoying at times, but it's great knowing that you have a better chance of getting to where you want to go in one piece.

OP

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
  • Thread Starter #54
    ++ [ originally posted by Ali ] ++
    Hey Snoop how you been?

220km/h! I just hope it's a reliable car mate. I've 180km/h for a sustained period of 30 minutes.
    I'm good man :)

I did it with BMW 325. maximum speed of it is 260km/h. I couldn't go faster because the highways sucks in Lebanon.plus it was 3 AM dark, drunk people around you know ;) i usualy go with 180 every morning to catch the class on time :D

man I tought 220 was something, people are talking about 260,280 I think we need that Lie-tester that FBI uses :undecide:

Mar 14, 2004
    Well,we have adequate highways for high-speeds....my friend managed to push AMG up to 320km/h in a tunnel..... Im planning to buy Brabus one day to kick his record,,,, other friend managed to push Supra up to 290 on a street.....but the car fell apart soon :)

What about acceleration guys?

I drove Subaru Legacy,tuned up to be a GOD on the street,it had 4,7 secs to 100km/h(60mph).....Ferarri couldnt parry it!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)