Giornale de Brescia

GS

Paris Match
:cry:

-Platini shirt in the final

Heysel in memoriam...

Beko

Mar 17, 2010

in February of this year 74 fans died in Egypt because of violence ,, most of the victims ages were betwen 15 to 25

RIP all of them

Rushie

May 29, 2013
Greeting fellow football fans. I hope nobody minds me posting here. I am a Liverpool fan who remembers watching the sad events of 29th May 1985 unfold on my television as a 17 year old. It was the first time I had ever been ashamed to be a Liverpool fan. Before then, Liverpool fans had quite a good reputation when it came to crowd trouble and I was very shocked to see so many Liverpool fans behaving so badly on that night. I understand that there were many factors which led to the tragic deaths of 39 people (poor stadium, poor policing, bad organization by UEFA etc.), but I believe Liverpool fans must never forget the part they played and must always take responsibility for their bad behavior.
I don't think enough has ever been done by the football authorities since to learn from that night and honour the memory of the 39, despite the efforts made by the Association for the Victims of Heysel over the years, though I understand they are now disbanded.
I have been to Turin, which is a beautiful city, and through my friend (who is a Juve fan) I have learned much about your great club. I hope someday the fans of our two clubs can meet again soon and enjoy the game we so love in peace and friendship together, while remembering those who lost their lives at Heysel. Liverpool fans understand the pain of losing loved ones so needlessly at a football match, and maybe someday we can find some common ground through these terrible tragedies.
I hope you understand that the vast majority of Liverpool fans who remember the final at Heysel, have never forgotten the 39 and every year on this day, they are in our thoughts and in our hearts.
Please forgive my intrusion and I hope you don't mind me paying my respects on this sad day.
RIP the 39.
In Memoria e Amicizia.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
RIP to those who died.

Remembered watching this on TV as a kid in such disbelief. Seems like yesterday.

Never Forgotten.

Attachments

Dostoevsky

Tzu
Administrator
May 27, 2007
Greeting fellow football fans. I hope nobody minds me posting here. I am a Liverpool fan who remembers watching the sad events of 29th May 1985 unfold on my television as a 17 year old. It was the first time I had ever been ashamed to be a Liverpool fan. Before then, Liverpool fans had quite a good reputation when it came to crowd trouble and I was very shocked to see so many Liverpool fans behaving so badly on that night. I understand that there were many factors which led to the tragic deaths of 39 people (poor stadium, poor policing, bad organization by UEFA etc.), but I believe Liverpool fans must never forget the part they played and must always take responsibility for their bad behavior.
I don't think enough has ever been done by the football authorities since to learn from that night and honour the memory of the 39, despite the efforts made by the Association for the Victims of Heysel over the years, though I understand they are now disbanded.
I have been to Turin, which is a beautiful city, and through my friend (who is a Juve fan) I have learned much about your great club. I hope someday the fans of our two clubs can meet again soon and enjoy the game we so love in peace and friendship together, while remembering those who lost their lives at Heysel. Liverpool fans understand the pain of losing loved ones so needlessly at a football match, and maybe someday we can find some common ground through these terrible tragedies.
I hope you understand that the vast majority of Liverpool fans who remember the final at Heysel, have never forgotten the 39 and every year on this day, they are in our thoughts and in our hearts.
Please forgive my intrusion and I hope you don't mind me paying my respects on this sad day.
RIP the 39.
In Memoria e Amicizia.
:tup:

RIP to the 39

Cuti

The Real MC
Jul 30, 2006
What should have been one of the best moments in the clubs history (winning our first Champions League) quickly turned into a memory that no Juventus fan will ever forget.

RIP to the 39

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 6)