Heysel: In Memoriam (1 Viewer)

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Today, there will be an event on the anniversary of Heysel victims. Here are the details:

I sent an email to the organizers to know if it will be on TV, and they sent me this:

Hello, there is LombardyTV, but it is a small tv of Italy.
Next week you can see photos on our website.
Kind regards
I'll try to look for that channel on my satellite today.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
Nice post Rebel! I think that it is nice that they're being remembered - still in our hearts - may they RIP.

I wasn't a Juve fan then, but I remember it as the match I never saw.
I was a tiny tot then, and had been told that I could stay up to watch this game. Instead the English ran amok and from seven until nine thirty all we saw were the studio commentators talking about the trouble and how it may result in a ban, and clips of rioting English "fans". They delayed the game for so long I got sent to bed and I never saw the match. I was so :mad: about that I stomped off to bed, cursing the English hooligans, wishing that Juventus would win and that Liverpool get banned for depriving me of seeing the game.

That's all I can remember of it, but I think Liverpool did get banned, and I found out later that Juve did win.

Paul-Juve

May 29, 2007
Hi I'm a Liverpool fan and just wanted to tell you all that you are all in my thoughts not just today but everyday.I was at the Heysel that day and can never forgot what I saw.To all the Families and Friends of the 39 supporters that lost their lives that day I am truly sorry for the loss of your love ones nothing I can say can bring them back but we have good supporters as well as bad.I have had a special plaque made with the names of the 39 and is by my bed and I pray every night and morning for them and their families.I have met many Juvenutz fans since then and meet when we can.R.I.P 39 You'll never Walk Alone. You'll never be forgotten and will forever be in my thoughts.God bless you all.

ReBeL

The Jackal
Jan 14, 2005
Nice feelings, paul...

Hats off to you for such a nice initiative in the 32 anniversary of the tragedy, and welcome to the forum.

Paul-Juve

May 29, 2007
Thankyou ReBeL
Just to add that on our offical website
http://forums.liverpool.tv we have a tribute thread which we do every year to remember your fellow supporters.We do this for every tradegy eg Ibrox,Bradford fire and our own Hillsborough.
Once again forever in our thoughts
Forza Juve
YNWA

KopRed

May 29, 2007
I just want to echo what Paul-Juve has already said.

It goes without saying that we are all very sorry for the loss suffered by so many that night.

/Salute 39.

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Ahmedios

Nov 11, 2006
All due respect to Paul-Juve & KopRed for their decency and nobleness.

And may the victims rest in peace and our deepest sympathy to their families.

May 29, 2007
A very sad day for Football 22 years ago to this day. I can clearly remember watching in disbelief when the Liverpool fans ran accross the terracing and chased the Juve fans to their untimely end.

There have been many football related disasters with Munich, Ibrox, Bradford, and Hillsborough amongst them but to my knowledge Heysel is the only major one caused as a direct result of crowd trouble.I felt completely numb as the events unfolded and so ashamed that it was caused by an English club even though I do not support Liverpool.

Obviously unless you are directly affected by such a tragedy you cannott really 100% understand the emotions but ( and please stop me if I'm wrong) but I kind of get the feeling that this particular tragedy is one which is tended to be overlooked and to some degree forgotten by Liverpool FC and England in general.

As a Manchester United fan I would like to take this opportunity to say that whether we follow different teams or not, we all take the same risks when we follow our teams around Europe and No-one, not anyone deserved what happened to your 39 fans at Heysel.

May they all rest in peace !!

May 29, 2007
Having read all the posts on here I find the one on page one about the father who lost his son absolutely terrible. Maybe just maybe if all football fans were to read this heart breaking story we would have more understanding and less trouble.

One thing does need to be clarified though. On page one an old report alleges that some of the fans there that night were from other English clubs firms like Millwall and West Ham. This was later proved to be untrue and a story spread by fans who did'nt want to believe that Liverpool fans could behave in such a manner.

JuveAdam

Moggi santo..subito
Sep 12, 2006
RIP 39

Rocco Acerra, Bruno Balli, Alfons Bos, Giancarlo Bruschera, Andrea Casula, Giovanni Casula, Nino Cerrullo, Willy Chielens, Giuseppina Conti, Dirk Daenecky, Dionisio Fabbro, Jacques François, Eugenio Gagliano, Francesco Galli,
Giancarlo Gonnelli, Alberto Guarini, Giovacchino Landini, Roberto Lorentini,
Barbara Lusci, Franco Martelli, Loris Messore, Gianni Mastrolaco, Sergio Bastino Mazzino, Luciano Rocco Papaluca, Luigi Pidone, Bento Pistolato, Patrick Radcliffe, Domenico Ragazzi, Antonio Ragnanese, Claude Robert Mario Ronchi, Domenico Russo, Tarcisio Salvi, Gianfranco Sarto, Amedeo Giuseppe Spolaore, Mario Spanu, Tarcisio Venturin, Jean Michel Walla, Claudio Zavaroni

Gone but never forgotten.

Much respect & condolences to the family & friends of them all. Our deepest sympathies to the oft forgotten men in all this - the players, forced to play to prevent any further tragedies, these men not only played but brought the trophy home for the 1st time. Yes football comes 2nd to human life in these matters but we should never underestimate the guts, heart & determination it took to get the job done under such circumstances.

Stefano Tacconi, Luciano Favero, Antonio Cabrini, Sergio Brio, Gaetano Scirea, Massimo Bonini, Michel Platini, Marco Tardelli, Massimo Briaschi, Paolo Rossi, Zbigniew Boniek, Cesare Prandelli, Benimiano Vignola, Giovanni Trappatoni

Legends & true Juventini, each & every one

May 30, 2007
In Memoria e Amicizia
In Memory and Friendship

Rocco Acerra
Bruno Balli
Alfons Bos
Giancarlo Bruschera
Andrea Casula
Giovanni Casula
Nino Cerullo
Willy Chielens
Giuseppina Conti
Dirk Daenecky
Dionisio Fabbro
Jacques Francois
Eugenio Gagliano
Francesco Galli
Giancarlo Gonnelli
Alberto Guarini
Giovacchino Landini
Roberto Lorentini
Barbara Lusci
Franco Martelli
Loris Messore
Gianni Mastrolaco
Sergio Bastino Mazzino
Luciano Rocco Papaluca
Luigi Pidone
Bento Pistolato
Patrick Radcliff
Domenico Ragazzi
Antonio Raganese
Claude Robert
Mario Ronchi
Domenico Russo
Tarcisio Salvi
Gianfranco Sarto
Giuseppe Spalaore
Mario Spanu
Tarcisio Venturin
Jean Michel Walla
Claudio Zavaroni

REST IN PEACE
YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)