hey everyone...remember me?? (1 Viewer)

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #4
    Oh you new folks probably wouldn't, unless you read through the member list very carefully...

On that note, I should mention I'm pleased to see I'm still in the top 50 in posts.

Surely some of you older folks must remember me...Martin, where are you hiding??

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #7
    Good to see you Erik, things are going very well. DJing is over for now because I graduated college. Still don't have a job yet but it's ok because I'm doing my best to enjoy Euro and am thoroughly enjoying this France-Croatia match (one of the few we get to see here in the States). How are you doing??

As to where I was, I had a lot of computer problems, leaving me without one for about six months. I started spending more time at school, so I wasn't able to watch Juve on RAI like I can at home on Sunday mornings. I started losing interest in football and didn't really follow it all that closley last year. But, of late I started catching the Euro bug, the U.S. started their WCQ campaign so my interest has been revived. So I figured I would stop in and say hello.

Slagathor

Bedpan racing champion
    Jul 25, 2001
    ++ [ originally posted by BigIzz ] ++
    Good to see you Erik, things are going very well. DJing is over for now because I graduated college.
    Congratulations :thumb:

Still don't have a job yet but it's ok because I'm doing my best to enjoy Euro and am thoroughly enjoying this France-Croatia match (one of the few we get to see here in the States). How are you doing??
    Bah, jobs can wait till after Euro2004. You'll be working your entire life still so no hurry there ;)

I'm doing quite well - studying at a university in The Hague now. Basically a mix between communication/politics/foreign languages (one of them Italian of course haha). I'm also a part-time tour guide now which is nice - I get to practice several different skills I can also use at uni.

As to where I was, I had a lot of computer problems, leaving me without one for about six months. I started spending more time at school, so I wasn't able to watch Juve on RAI like I can at home on Sunday mornings. I started losing interest in football and didn't really follow it all that closley last year. But, of late I started catching the Euro bug, the U.S. started their WCQ campaign so my interest has been revived. So I figured I would stop in and say hello.
    Very good thinking! This place is lacking people like you

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #9
    ++ [ originally posted by Erik ] ++
    Very good thinking! This place is lacking people like you
    I don't know if that is positive comment about me, a negative comment about everyone else, or a little of both. But I'll thank you anyway :D

Right now I'm just working on reading through the 276,000 posts since my last visit. :eek:

Man do I miss the emoticons here :cool:

nina

Feb 18, 2001
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!

Welcome back Matt :extatic: *great old times flashing by*

Hoping you didn't come by just to say Hi ;)

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #13
    Nice to see you again too, Mr. President.

And since you asked so nicely Nina, maybe I'll have to stick around for a bit :D

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #17
    Sure thing Nina.

Anyway I've got a question, maybe one of you moderator types could help me with...how come I am only able to read new posts. It looks like all the other, older posts are collapased and I cannot figure out how to read them. Maybe my vBulliten skills are just a little rusty....

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
    Well on the forum screen, you have to select what threads to show, default is those active in the last month. Set that to "beginning" and you'll be on your way. :)

OP

BigIzz

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #20
    Ah, I got it sorted out now, much thanks as always Martin. And thank you too for the welcome, Padovano

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)