Hernanes (18 Viewers)

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
Still stupid.

The haters expect Pirlo like passes and Davids like tackling.
He isn't gonna do that, and he doesn't have to. He was brought in as decent sub/rotation player - and he's just that.

Edit: And no - he is definitely not "the most dispensable of all our midfield options"
Do you even watch Juve games?
:rolleyes: Sturaro is arguably more dispensable, but he is younger and Italian, so we aren't likely to get rid of him. Marchisio, Pjanic, and Khedira are our starters, when fit and in form. That leaves Asamoah and Lemina. Lemina is young and has a lot of potential, is a better tackler, has more pace and an engine on him than Hernanes, and should definitely be kept over him. You might have a case when it comes to Asamoah, but I still hold hope that he might regain 70%-80% of his mobility.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011

Don't forget his match vs Bayern :touched:
That was day I really appreciate Lord Nanes' greatness.

- - - Updated - - -

Full of charisma and leadership too.
Wish we got him 5 years earlier.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
:rolleyes: Sturaro is arguably more dispensable, but he is younger and Italian, so we aren't likely to get rid of him. Marchisio, Pjanic, and Khedira are our starters, when fit and in form. That leaves Asamoah and Lemina. Lemina is young and has a lot of potential, is a better tackler, has more pace and an engine on him than Hernanes, and should definitely be kept over him. You might have a case when it comes to Asamoah, but I still hold hope that he might regain 70%-80% of his mobility.
I think if a PL club offers a decent sum for Sturaro we will sell him in the summer. Asamoah's contract is up summer 2018. Probably a Pepe situation.

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I think if a PL club offers a decent sum for Sturaro we will sell him in the summer. Asamoah's contract is up summer 2018. Probably a Pepe situation.
Thank you for actually making sense, and trying to engage in a meaningful discussion. Much appreciated. You might be right, but that will leave us incredibly thin and undermanned in midfield. I really hope we have Kessie and Verrati lined up for next season.

Fr3sh

Jul 12, 2011
He'd be in MLS in Toronto with Jewbinco.

Poor guy. Getting upstaged by Lord Nanes.
Nah, if I were Claudio I'd be thanking God everyday that Nanes came to Juve late.
Nanes spared him from joining the MLS or a midtable team.

Thank you for actually making sense, and trying to engage in a meaningful discussion. Much appreciated. You might be right, but that will leave us incredibly thin and undermanned in midfield. I really hope we have Kessie and Verrati lined up for next season.
Verrati is not gonna happen unfortunately. Kessie hopefully is gonna happen, and hopefully he'll slot in perfectly with Marchisio and Pjanic.

Sturaro is useless, but I like him :D
Kwadwo has one foot out the door and the other lying on a hospital bed.
Khedira is an injury waiting to happen
Pjanic is Cheesio's ghost mode but on streroids, King Boo type of shit
Cheesio is one of our only reliable midfielders
Lemina is still evolving
Hernie despite him slowing down is one of our best bench option to cover for Cheesio.

Kessie is a must, and a vice marchisio as well.

Juvellino

Mar 19, 2015
I think we will bring Witsel and then it depends who leaves. If Sturaro gets a Pereyra sort of offer I think we sell him and replace him hopefully with Kessie. Verratti is the dream and Verratti-Marchisio-Pjanic would be amazing, our starting 11 would be flawless. We could even move Pjanic up and start Khedira and play 4-3-1-2. But it's a dream, I don't think PSG will sell him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)