Help (2 Viewers)

Apr 12, 2004
No no I’m not giving up Chelsea . I’m just looking for a Serie A side to follow when Chelsea aren’t on. Well unfortunately I was born in 2002 and I didn’t really like football until after South Africa 2010 and preferred Cricket. I started supporting Chelsea 1 because I’d heard of a few players in the side at the time that were also in the England squad since I didn’t have sky sports until after South Africa 2010, and also because they lost 0-3 at home to Sunderland and I said I’d support whoever lost . I’m not looking to move away from England just yet though but I’m more asking about life as a Juve fan in Turin because I’ve heard that apparently there are more Torino supporters that live in Turin than Juve fans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sure, but there are more Milan than Inter fans, why Inter?

As far as I'm concerned, as a non-Juve fan, there are the Baggio followed by the Del Piero/Nedved Group. If I were supporting Juve, I'd follow because of Scirea, the namesake of their fan's Curva. Always loved Scirea, never received a red card in open play.

Where are you from, I'm asking for a country, not your address.

If you're looking for us (and this does include me) to buy your loyalty, we don't want it.

You either join because you like what you see and what you read, or you don't, and we will be none-the-less worse. I've spent 20 years here as a Bayern fan, I love the group, the people,. I learned a lot about foreign culture and have made lifelong friends here. But. If you stick around and have fun and "get" the jokes and the fun, maybe you'll just end up a Juve fan. Regardless, it beats any Bayern forum. We aren't like the Chelsea Headhunters, either. You can join and just be kind and cool, we don't demand blood or semen, I mean, often times.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Last edited:
OP
Sep 13, 2022
  • Thread Starter #22
    Sure, but there are more Milan than Inter fans, why Inter?

As far as I'm concerned, as a non-Juve fan, there are the Baggio followed by the Del Piero/Nedved Group. If I were supporting Juve, I'd follow because of Scirea, the namesake of their fan's Curva. Always loved Scirea, never received a red card in open play.

Where are you from, I'm asking for a country, not your address.
    England, just outside London. My favourite Juve legends are probably the likes of Conte/Buffon/Chiellini/Del Piero/ Zidane/Nedved and probably Baggio and Trezeguet too. Only reason I considered inter was mainly because the club have a more working class background in Milan compared to AC Milan who are a more flashy/flamboyant club in terms of the club’s background if you know what I mean. Ik the Curva they’re a pretty loud bunch but If I’m not mistaken the ultras were banned in 2019?

Clamarc

Sep 26, 2018
    Just follow your heart.
    Juve right now is struggling. If you can endure the shit football and suffer now. You gonna love the team even more when they win.
    Fiorentina doesn't have that winning culture so they most likely stay mediocre and won't give you joy lol
    Inter, well they are the enemy of Juve. But they do win once in a while

Apr 12, 2004
    Oh shit, I don't know, ask someone who both knows and cares.

If you're actually in the UK, I'm sorry to hear the entire Royal Family didn't die with the Queen.

If you've looking for working-class fans, I suggest Livorno or Hellas Verona.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry to hear you were born after Chelsea were a good team.

OP
    Sep 13, 2022
  • Thread Starter #25
    Oh shit, I don't know, ask someone who both knows and cares.

If you're actually in the UK, I'm sorry to hear the entire Royal Family didn't die with the Queen.

If you've looking for working-class fans, I suggest Livorno or Hellas Verona.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry to hear you were born after Chelsea were a good team.
    Meh I’m not really a big fan of the monarchy in all fairness, not to the point I hate them (bar Andrew) but I just don’t really care about them. They’re just there tbh. I was considering Hellas over Fiorentina but Hellas don’t have too much of a rich history, I’m more or less looking for a club with great history and a building to get back to the top step by step

Apr 12, 2004
    Meh I’m not really a big fan of the monarchy in all fairness, not to the point I hate them (bar Andrew) but I just don’t really care about them. They’re just there tbh. I was considering Hellas over Fiorentina but Hellas don’t have too much of a rich history, I’m more or less looking for a club with great history and a building to get back to the top step by step

Written by a Brit:

Is Italy a united country, or a loose affiliation of warring states? Is Italian football a sport, or an ill-disguised protraction of ancient enmities? After twenty years in the bel paese, Tim Parks goes on the road to follow the fortunes of his hometown soccer club, Hellas Verona, to pay a different kind of visit to some of the world’s most beautiful cities, and to get a fresh take on the conundrum that is national character.
    From Udine to Catania, from the San Siro to the Olimpico, traveling with the raucous and unruly Verona fans—whose conduct is a cross between that of asylum inmates and the Keystone Kops—Tim Parks offers his highly personal account of one man’s relationship with a country, its people, and its national sport. The clubs are struggling, as always, to keep their heads above water in Serie A. The fans, as always, are accused of vulgarity, racism, and violence. It’s an election year and politics encroach. The police are ambiguous, the journeys exhausting, the referees unforgivable, the anecdotes hilarious. And behind it all is the growing intuition that in a world stripped of idealism and bereft of religion, soccer offers a new and fiercely ironic way of forming community and engaging with the sacred.

A Season with Verona, Tim Parks

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/393128.A_Season_with_Verona

On Tim

Born in Manchester in 1954, Tim Parks grew up in London and studied at Cambridge and Harvard. In 1981 he moved to Italy where he has lived ever since, raising a family of three children.

Last edited:
    OP
    Sep 13, 2022
  • Thread Starter #29
    Comparatively, Hellas are the Hammers.
    Verona is a lovely city tbf and I’ve watched Hellas a hand full of times but only when they play the big hitters, Fiorentina or Udinese. Only really know players such as Carmoranesi, Caceres and Caprari that use to play for them. Amy brother would probably love Hellas if you’re comparing them to West Ham since he supports them. I think the only thing that’s putting me off Juve is the fact that they’ve won 9 scudettos in a row prior to the last 2 seasons. I get success on a regular basis as a Chelsea supporter, whether or not that continues remains to be seen , so I feel like looking at a Serie A side that doesn’t win that much at all or a side that wins from time to time might be better idk.

Apr 12, 2004
    What you should do is just start supporting the 12 teams in London and be a real dope cat who is just super into his city. FC Patriot Man.

Starting to support Juve now should be okay as they aren't going to get any better for a while, listening to most on here. Would be similar to becoming a Nottingham Forest fan in 1984 after they were so good in the 70s.

OP
    Sep 13, 2022
  • Thread Starter #31
    What you should do is just start supporting the 12 teams in London and be a real dope cat who is just super into his city. FC Patriot Man.

Starting to support Juve now should be okay as they aren't going to get any better for a while, listening to most on here. Would be similar to becoming a Nottingham Forest fan in 1984 after they were so good in the 70s.
    I could not think of anything worse that is vile . And I suppose that seems fair and logical, probably another reason why I was more attracted to Juve than to Inter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)