Help with a few things, please (1 Viewer)

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
okay i've got a few things i need help with. If you could help me i'd be very happy and you are cool

;)

seriously,

Problem number;

1. Taskbar
I have XP and i want to make my taskbar from just...(see attachment)
Everytime i do it, when i log-off or restart, it' reverts back to the original size. How do i make it stay that way i want it?

2. Program startups
Okay, i have a few small programs that i wish to have startup whenever i log-in to my account on my Comp. Is it possible to make programs startup from the time i login?

3. Virus protection
this one isnt really a problem. Does anyone know where to get a free decent virus protection program. I dont have any virus protection system ATM, and I'm feeling pretty scared after watch The Net..even if its not that relevant ;)

4. Getting rid of @*$&!%# Gator nd GAIN ads
Howda hell do i get rid of this and other spyware in my comp. Do i have to get rid of Kazaa too? Does Kazaa Lite K+++ contain spyware? HELP!

thanks in advance :)

Buy on AliExpress.com

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by -CSD- ] ++
1. Taskbar
I have XP and i want to make my taskbar from just...(see attachment)
Everytime i do it, when i log-off or restart, it' reverts back to the original size. How do i make it stay that way i want it?
Change the size to the one you want, and then right-click, then "Lock the Taskbar"

2. Program startups
Okay, i have a few small programs that i wish to have startup whenever i log-in to my account on my Comp. Is it possible to make programs startup from the time i login?
Make a shortcut to the program file in your Start -> Programs -> Startup folder

3. Virus protection
this one isnt really a problem. Does anyone know where to get a free decent virus protection program. I dont have any virus protection system ATM, and I'm feeling pretty scared after watch The Net..even if its not that relevant ;)
I'd personally use pirated software, but AVG is a good solution too.

http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php

4. Getting rid of @*$&!%# Gator nd GAIN ads
Howda hell do i get rid of this and other spyware in my comp. Do i have to get rid of Kazaa too? Does Kazaa Lite K+++ contain spyware? HELP!
Kazaa lite K+++ doesn't contain spyware. To get rid of all the other crap, I recommend Adaware (the last version i used was 6). The trial version is good enough to get rid of spyware.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

OP
Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #3
    Okay thanks for all that man!

but one problem
    I've done the lock taskbar thing, and then restarted. came back and it was back to the single line taskbar, not double line. How come?...its really annoying to do it all the time

gray

Apr 22, 2003
    Okay, I hope you know how to edit the registry. I didn't wanna make an executable key for you, because I'd rather let people know what's going on.

Go to
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

For the value name "TaskbarSizeMove", change the DWORD value to "1". 1 means locked, and 0 means unlocked.

OP
    Dj Juve

Dj Juve

Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #5
    i have no idea how to edit the registry :D

but i dont want it to be unlocked everytime i log in, i just want it the size of the taskbar to be 2 lines not 1. not unlocked :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)