• Samsung

• Sharp

• Sony

Results are only viewable after voting.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
the reason why i don't like plasma's is because of the dead pixel issues and the tiny bulbs in the plasma units which are infamous for breaking and burning out. friends of mine who chose plasma over lcd's regret it because during mounting or moving they incurred damages on their unit.

and how is it worth it if they have a shorter lifespan? wouldn't you want your investment to last longer?
It's worth it because the picture is cleaner and not as jumpy when it comes to fast motion.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

If you have cash to spare buy a Pioneer plasma - you will not regret it.
That is very true, they have the best panels.
Those are just ridiculously expensive. But the picture is sweet as f*ck.

Plasma's are better for movies, Dru, though they won't be for long. Plasma is dying and LCD is getting better and better. LCD won mainly because of the higher resolution and usability as a PC monitor. And plasma is just too power hungry, another draw-back as compaired to LCD.

Mar 14, 2004
LCD will never have the colors so rich as plasma. Physics say so. T3(tech magazine) had a review of latest brands of LCD/Plasma's on balkan ground and Full HD Panasonic proved to be a match even on playstation3 consoles. BTW,Pioneer stopped their plasma panel production and turned to Panasonic cuz they noticed that Matushita(panasonic) have panels of the same quality.

BTW,I'd never settle with any korean panel....cuz of their inconsistency. In one series they make the perfect panel,the next one is perfect shit.....and the story goes on...

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
There's a saying in Sweden that goes:

Smaken är som baken, which means The taste is like a butt. (divided)

Ali

Conditioned
Contributor
Jul 15, 2002
Those of you who say that a plasma lasts 7 years are just being alarmist. If you use your plasma for an average of 10 hours a day the panel will last 16 years!
If you care about black levels then you definitely have to go for the plasma. Granted new technologies like OLED might take the mantle in the future but for now it's plasma time.

Apr 12, 2004
In my opinion, LCD's are my choice because they have wider viewing angles and are better for gaming, as the constant graphics on the HUD of some games can do detriment to some Plasmas. I know they have reduced burn-in, but it still happens.

In terms of LCD's, I say go Samsung because we own 3 and they are top-notch graphics, the Sony TV's I've dealt with in the past have run into problems with their graphical interface and GPU's. And all of this is from personal experience.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)