• Samsung

• Sharp

• Sony

Results are only viewable after voting.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Panasonic and Sony are on a higher level. Much higher and more $$

Thats why Samsung is the most common brand.
samsung is not a common brand by far. if you read quality comparison reviews then you will see that samsung manufactures some of the finest lcd's on the market. vizio is the most common brand fyi

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
sharp
sony
samsung
LG
phillips
panasonic

those are all industry leading lcd manufacturers, i will post an article i read recently about the best lcd's for your money

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
samsung is not a common brand by far. if you read quality comparison reviews then you will see that samsung manufactures some of the finest lcd's on the market. vizio is the most common brand fyi
Samsung has the most superior LCD panels but they fail when it comes to Plasmas.

icemaη

Rab's Husband - The Regista
Aug 27, 2008
i read a long time back that sony and samsung use the same displays... both produce their on processors independently though...

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

sharp
sony
samsung
LG
phillips
panasonic

those are all industry leading lcd manufacturers, i will post an article i read recently about the best lcd's for your money
Actually, LG and Samsung are now the only LCD panel manufacturers. Other companies use their panels and apply their own technology, ie Sony and Bravia.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Samsung is an excellent choice. I have a 55 inch DLP 1080 TV, and its just fantastic for gaming. Add a sony surround system to that, and it is a total mindfuck while playing Gears of War 2 or resistance 2.

V

Jun 8, 2005
  • V

V

Bah, it all depends on the model, name alone doesn't mean anything. You can get a cheap Samsung whose quality is on par with a Quadro. More money, better quality, in a nutshell.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Samsung has the most superior LCD panels but they fail when it comes to Plasmas.
yeah but plasma's are an instant sunk cost being that the life of one is -7yrs. thats why plasma's suck

Sharp is no 1? wow!! That is a surprise to me really.
no no, i wasn't ranking them, just listing those that came to mind

samsung is the best??? OMG this is a total mind-fuckin'-fuck!!! :faq2:
no way man, samsungs are the best when it comes to quality and value (price)

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
Older Plasma panels had a short life-time, Dru. And Plasmas don't suck, when watching sports or movies they are much better and they IF they have a short lifetime then it's worth it.

Luca

Apr 22, 2007
i've got something called a UMC, it cost 200 and is 22" plus it has exactly the same components as a high spec panasonic, but was twice as cheap.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Older Plasma panels had a short life-time, Dru. And Plasmas don't suck, when watching sports or movies they are much better and they IF they have a short lifetime then it's worth it.
the reason why i don't like plasma's is because of the dead pixel issues and the tiny bulbs in the plasma units which are infamous for breaking and burning out. friends of mine who chose plasma over lcd's regret it because during mounting or moving they incurred damages on their unit.

and how is it worth it if they have a shorter lifespan? wouldn't you want your investment to last longer?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)