Hello from a Romanista (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
I don't feel so bad then... :D

Seriously, I began to like Man U, when I bacame Juve fan, it happened at about the same time and it's stayed that way. There's nothing I can do about it and there's nothing that can change it. And, as I said I love Juve and I just like Man U.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
rightyo, I'm not criticising you or anything, but I just don't think I could support two teams that always seem to be rivals :)

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
I understand what you mean. Sometimes I wonder myself, but when I like sb or sth (or I don't) I can't help it. :)

It's the same situation I'm in when it comes to Bayern this season... :)
But it's not a problem for me, for Juve comes first of course.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
at least you weren't a Man U and Bayern fan about 5 years ago... that would've been interesting if u know what I mean :D Hey I just realised, Man U knocked Juve out that season too :fero:

vitoria_Ally

Jul 14, 2002
It's never a problem for me either: I just like them and that support comes naturally: when they meet and play against each other: the better will win - that's my thought then :)

However I was torn this year: SuperCup: Valencia vs Porto.
That was hard. But I'm more into Valencia.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Hello, Nicole.

Welcome Aboard. I had noticed you yesterday as you were signing in and thought to myself "here comes the flood of angry Romanistas, YAY!!!!!:D"

Let me share my opinion of your squad, if I may:

Roma has, in my opinion, the best collection of young talent under the age of 25 that is currently playing for a major club in a very, very long time. When you look at the names such as Pelizzoli, Chivu, Mexes, De Rossi, D'Agostino, Mancini, Mido, Cassano, and then have a potential superstar in the wings in Aquilani, as a Roma fan, you have a lot to look forward to in the future, not to mention the best player in Serie A in Francesco Totti.

However, and you had to know that there would be a "However" in this, Roma will never, ever, ever, ascend to the glory that a Juve, or a Milan have risen to until they do one thing, and one thing only:

A total housecleaning, and that starts at the top with Sensi. This man has done more harm than good not only for Roma, but for Serie A in general. Now, Roma supporters may envision him as the champion of the underdog, and Juventini and Milanistas may view him as a comcial windbag, but non-biased outsiders view him as someone who must have incriminating pictures of somebody in the Italian government for him to still be able to hold onto this team. He is the one that is holding the franchise back. His constant complaining and conspiracy theorist way of thinking doesn't do him any favors among the governing bodies of the Football federations in Europe. Considering the stadium they play in, the attendance figures that they consistently have over the past decade, and the numerous tournaments they've been involved in, for this team to be in such a financial crisis year in and year out, only to be bailed out by the Italian government and the FGIC time and time again should have any reasonable Romainsta sitting there scrathing their head and saying "What the hell is going on here? We are the glamour franchise of the capital city of one of football and Europes's most presitigious cities, yet aside from the occasional scuddetto and tournament appearance, we have nothing to show for this?" I would be outraged if I were in your position.

Talent-wise on the pitch, I wouldn't trade your players with pracitcally anyone, and that includes Juventus, but it all starts at the top, and if he breeds a feeling of paranoia, lack of discipline, and finger-pointing, then it trickles down to the players. Which honestly, is quite a shame, because Cassano, De Rossi, Pelizzoli, and D' Agostino could very well be the cornerstones of the Azzuri for the next decade, and the Italian squad, if anything has always had their share of class personalities, however if they follow the Sensi blueprint of character-training, then we could see a different face of L'Azzurri, and that is what pisses me off more than anything else.

Again, welcome aboard. :)

Martin, its a good thing you posted that notice, I was just about to register there as "Ghost of Fabio" and tear some ass:D

Jeannette

Aug 16, 2004
@Vit: Juve aside, I have them listed, so I always know which one I'll support.

@gray: No, I wasn't. But if I had been, I'd have supported Bayern, I guess.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
but it all starts at the top, and if he breeds a feeling of paranoia, lack of discipline, and finger-pointing, then it trickles down to the players.
You're absolutely right.

Whenever I think of the tragedy that is AS Roma, there's one thing that always comes to mind :)

1 Corinthians 15:33 - Do not be misled: "Bad company corrupts good character."

doesn't it apply perfectly? :D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Yes, Graham, it certainly does.

And to be honest, I am insanely jealous of the talent, especially the young, quality talent that team has.

However, you can see the poisonous influence already. Take Mexes, for example. Class player, and from what I've heard, a class kid as well. It took him, what, a match and a half to do something stupid?

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
++ [ originally posted by Jeannette ] ++
Seriously, I began to like Man U, when I bacame Juve fan
*raises hand* I was a ManUtd fan first, then I discovered Juve. I suppose I still have a very faint trace of sympathy for them as I never root for them in Europe but in the EPL I prefer them to win over the others.

gray

Apr 22, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Sergio ] ++
However, you can see the poisonous influence already. Take Mexes, for example. Class player, and from what I've heard, a class kid as well. It took him, what, a match and a half to do something stupid?
I was thinking the exact same thing over the week... you gotta wonder what the hell Roma get upto in training...

"Right, watch here Philippe... if you kick the bastard in the back of the leg, it hurts a fair bit. Don't worry if the referee, the two linesmen, the 4th official and 15 cameras around the stadium are going to see it..."

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by gray ] ++
:eek: How can you like Man U and Juve at the same time?! I'm not saying this as a matter of ideals or anything, but how do you feel when they always beat us? :(
Man U are a wholesome british side which should be respected in todays priemeir league. They are the Juventus of england.:)

Dan

Back & Quack
Mar 9, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Hello to all you Juve fans, dont worry I am not here to cause trouble or just senseless flaming like most people. Just that a Roma site had a load of Juve fans join recently, from what I gather was from here joined, so I though I'd come here just to see what you Juve are like here, cause to put it frankly most of the Juve fans who went there were idiots, some were okay and that why they are still allowed to post, most werent and arent.

Well, since this is an introduction...My name as you have probably gather is Nicole, second name is Baresi. I was born in Rome, but have lived in the UK since I was about 18months old, I am now 17, I speak both English and Italian, although my Italian is far from perfect, although I could have a conversation with someone, although the poor person would have a difficult (but not impossible) time, trying to understand me...

I am both a huge fan of Roma, and Man United. Also a fan of the Azzuri.

Favorite players, are Cassano, Totti, van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. Although I have to admit to likening some Juve players, Buffon being one, Nedved being the other.

Well, I hope we can get on! Thanks!

welcome:)

Enjoy your stay at our forums- alot of us wont agree with your roma views, but it doesnt mean we all cant get along.

And about Totti behaving himself.. dont kid yourself. Totti cant control himself, spitting incident is evidence. Roma are going through a rough patch.. what do you think will happen to the frisk incident?

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Nicole ] ++
Hello to all you Juve fans, dont worry I am not here to cause trouble or just senseless flaming like most people. Just that a Roma site had a load of Juve fans join recently, from what I gather was from here joined, so I though I'd come here just to see what you Juve are like here, cause to put it frankly most of the Juve fans who went there were idiots, some were okay and that why they are still allowed to post, most werent and arent.

Well, since this is an introduction...My name as you have probably gather is Nicole, second name is Baresi. I was born in Rome, but have lived in the UK since I was about 18months old, I am now 17, I speak both English and Italian, although my Italian is far from perfect, although I could have a conversation with someone, although the poor person would have a difficult (but not impossible) time, trying to understand me...

I am both a huge fan of Roma, and Man United. Also a fan of the Azzuri.

Favorite players, are Cassano, Totti, van Nistelrooy and Ronaldo. Although I have to admit to likening some Juve players, Buffon being one, Nedved being the other.

Well, I hope we can get on! Thanks!
Hey Nicole, its Lippi from the Roma Forums. Nice to see you came along and hope you stay for a long while. ;)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Martin ] ++
Guys, obviously you can do whatever you want when you're not here but please do still consider that other forums want to live in peace just like we do here. I haven't been at the addicts board reading what you've been saying but I'm just saying this as a precautionary measure that by behaving like jerks you give all Juve fans a bad name and I'm sure you wouldn't want half their board come over here and stir up trouble. So I encourage you to follow the example of aca, K10, Kaiser Franco, Forza AC Milan and lately Nicole who have all shown commendable conduct. :)

And finally, there is, of course, nothing wrong with participating on forums of rival clubs, there's no reason why you can't be well liked and respected there. :)
I took your warning to heart Martin. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)