He finally made it to Serie A -> Ancona for the scudetto? (1 Viewer)

Martin

Dec 31, 2000
Jardel joins Ancona
Saturday 17 January, 2004

Bottom of the table Ancona continue to revolutionise their squad and have brought in Bolton flop Mario Jardel.

The Brazilian striker once starred in the Champions’ League with Porto, but has struggled to rediscover his form in recent years.

Disappointing spells in Turkey and the Premiership followed and the 30-year-old will now try his hand at the Italian game.

Jardel arrives on loan from Bolton Wanderers and will wear the Number 9 shirt recently vacated by Paolo Poggi, who has joined his old club Venezia.

There will be a presentation press conference in the Stadio Del Conero before tomorrow’s Week 17 match with Perugia.

Ancona have made more transfers this week, bringing in Roma defender Luigi Sartor and are likely to capture Dino Baggio from Blackburn Rovers.

Football Italia

Buy on AliExpress.com

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
I wish I could have seen him in Serie A in his prime...

I guess we'll never find out if he was really a great striker or somebody made for the "Small" leagues...

venom

Oct 22, 2003
This lad's been more goals scoring version of Hakan Sükür, just a "nice" half year trip to Italy for him, I guess. In summer back to Portugal or something.

Zlatan

Jun 9, 2003
Jardel isn't the smartest of players tho... :D

01/19/2004. Mario Jardel's presentation before Ancona-Perugia turned into an embarrassing situation for the Brazilian.

The 30-year-old attacker was signed on loan by Ancona on Saturday, and on Sunday he was presented at the stadium to his new fans.

The ex-Bolton player went to salute the Ancona fans under the stands but after a few moments, Ancona's team manager, Gianluca Petrachi, pulled Jardel aside to let him know that he was actually saluting the Perugia fans.

Jardel then went under the stands where his fans were located.

:D

mikhail

Jan 24, 2003
++ [ originally posted by DaJuve ] ++
Jardel :rolleyes:
Never really liked his style of play.
I've barely seen him play, but some people rated him at his best as the finest header in the world. That's pretty high praise, but they meant it. He sucked for Bolton though.

dpforever

Prediction Game Champ 2003 & 2005
Jan 12, 2002
Well, Sam Allardyce deemed him too 'fat' to be a football player with Bolton, so I wonder if he would pull it off with Ancona :)

IceBlu

Aug 26, 2003
I used to like Jardel a lot. I've never seen a player with a better header.

But now hes on the decline. Lets see how his Ancona adventure unfolds...

Zizou

Apr 21, 2003
Hopefully it will unfold just like it unfolded with Porto in the CL, that is by scoring against Milan next Sunday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)