HBO's Rome (1 Viewer)

Joe

Dec 20, 2009
Has anyone watched HBO's Rome before?

I stumbled upon a trailer of it on YouTube and became curious. I'm wondering if anyone here has watched it to give me any opinions/ratings of it.

I'm debating to start watch this, or Spartacus first. Leaning towards this.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jul 1, 2010
One of my all time favorite series. It has great actors, marvelous settings, great and accurate costumes, a lot of gore, and a very good story line. It has some historical inaccuracies but nothing too bad.

It shits all over Spartacus.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Its one of HBOs finest, watch it defenitely. I still to this day watch movies/series any of the main cast of Rome do, because their work sticked with me that much.

Spartacus, which I also like (for what it is), compared to Rome its like the difference between Band of Brothers and Captain Corelli's Mandolin :p

Jul 10, 2006
It's a great show, well worth the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Its one of HBOs finest, watch it defenitely. I still to this day watch movies/series any of the main cast of Rome do, because their work sticked with me that much.

Spartacus, which I also like (for what it is), compared to Rome its like the difference between Band of Brothers and Captain Corelli's Mandolin :p
Titus Pullo playing a
gay Ukrainian gangster
in the latest season of Dexter. :)

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yep, I seen him in almost anything he has done since (and before lol), same with Kevin McKidd and James Purefoy.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
Amazing, but got cancelled no ? Shame.

Spartacus was also good, but I can't watch it without Andy.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
All those actors are great but the best in this series was by far Ciarán Hinds. His portrayal of Caesar was simply masterful. Wonderful actor.
True, but unlike the others, I knew about him before that series anyways, atleast seen him plenty enough. Not after though, he doesnt work so much, though his projects tends to be better then the others.

Jul 1, 2010
True, but unlike the others, I knew about him before that series anyways, atleast seen him plenty enough. Not after though, he doesnt work so much, though his projects tends to be better then the others.
He's going to be in the third season of Game of Thrones, in the role of the King beyond the Wall.

Eddy

The Maestro
Aug 20, 2005
He's going to be in the third season of Game of Thrones, in the role of the King beyond the Wall.
That's awesome, didn't know about that. I first saw him in Munich, then Rome (2 city name films, interesting) and was really happy when he popped up in "There Will Be Blood".

Oh, and Road to Perdition!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)