Have a Rant, a Moan, a Cry (1 Viewer)

gray

Apr 22, 2003
Just your general complaints

However, you must abide strictly by these rules.

Your posts may not:
  • Be about another member of this forum
  • Be about football
  • Contain any political, racial or religious material that people may find offensive
  • Basically just go by the forum rules :)

Please be patient with me, this almost ruined my day so hear me out

Okay, so my girlfriend and I like to save a buck whenever possible, and we found ourselves in the possession of a coupon entitling us to a free regular ice cream cone at the local icecream joint.

So we go up and order our flavours, and we give in the coupon, upon which the lady says "That'll be $3.70". Now having looked at the prices already, we asked why it was $3.70 rather than $2.80. She replies that the coupon entitles us to a free regular cone, which costs $3.70, rather than a small cone, which costs $2.80

However, what she failed to mention was that a regular cone consists of two flavours.

Which brings me to my first point: Was she about to let us walk away having paid for two scoops while only getting one?

That's pretty dishonest business and i have no respect for anyone who values 80 cents more than their integrity.

So we say "okay, then do we get two scoops on each cone?" to which she further tries to weasel her way into giving us 3 scoops altogether, by giving us some crap about the sizes being different or something. She proceeded to drop my girlfriend's scoop of Strawberries and Cream back into the tub :wth: I quickly set her straight from this course of action and she agreed to give us the 4 scoops to which we were entitled. I asked if we could get (free) whipped cream, to which she smugly replied that the machine was off.

She picked up the scoop of S&C from the tub, but very intentionally scraped the icecream so that the scoop was about 2/3 of its original size, then gave us the rest of the stuff.

What kind of petty person tries to save money by reducing the size of a scoop of icecream just because they're bitter about having to give away free scoops!?.

IMO rather than saving a few microcents by reducing scoop sizes, a better way to save money would be to get some customer loyalty with good service and a friendly approach.

Now this isn't about icecream, it's about pettiness and greed. I beg of you all, when you do business with anyone in future, please value your integrity and your customers

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #3
    This was New Zealand icecream in Burwood.

Come on guys, your turn. Something that happened, or something that in general ticks you off. Let's hear it :drool:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #6
    Whoa whoa whoa, that's not the the lesson here :eek:

Free food coupons are the best!

btw guys thanks, but i wasn't after sympathy, let's hear some stories :devil:

Asma

Doctor Asma
    Oct 21, 2003
    can u list some ways of annoying her??

hey gray,how did she look like,i mean old or a teenager or what??

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #10
    ++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    can u list some ways of annoying her??
    Get as many free icecream coupons as i can and keep using them at the shop :)

Keep asking for free tastes cos they're meant to let u have free tiny samples :D

++ [ originally posted by MISS DUBAI ] ++
    hey gray,how did she look like,i mean old or a teenager or what??
    She was a middle-aged woman, I think she owned the shop, because casual staff would have no reason to be tight with the goods

++ [ originally posted by Alex ] ++
    gray, you are so George Costanza :cool:
    That's your rant!? :D

hehe well when you're exposed to someone that much, you can't help but pick things up :cool:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    Gray, ever tried talking to A Current Affair or 60 Minutes? Let them tell the whole city how pathetic that woman is. The company might apologize and give you more coupons.

OK, my rant....

I'm really getting sick of my present job. I work in a special school and the school itself actually is fine (except my boss has a really low E.Q and A.Q :D). But it's all these stupid educational policies posted by a bunch of brainless people in the stupid goverment that bug me.

To cut a long story short, I don't think they are qualified to tell me how to do my job. Who do they think they are??

it's very annoying. But it's no good for me just to quit my job because I like working with school kids and I just can't escape from the education department.

Now Gray, buy me an ice-cream to calm me down will you???? :drool:

Vicky

Jan 9, 2004
    Gray it's aweful that you're starting this thready b/c now i'll post here all the time ....... i ***** a lot b/c that's what *****es do and now all of you will have to listen to it
    grrrr
    bad Gray, bad !

but yeah here is what i would do to the icecream lady: i'd get a friend to go there with me (someone who doesn't go there all the time) and when i come up with that person to the counter (and they're buying icecream) i'd go " hey you might wanna get an extra scoop b/c this lady doesn't fill them up all the way"
    i think that would work, she'd definetly feel like shit after that

Meow, this happens to a lot of people, why don't you try talking to your bosses about the policies and explain how much they suck. i knwo they're a bunch of dickheads but still giving it a shot don't hurt nobody

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    ++ [ originally posted by MiaWallace ] ++

Meow, this happens to a lot of people, why don't you try talking to your bosses about the policies and explain how much they suck. i knwo they're a bunch of dickheads but still giving it a shot don't hurt nobody
    Nuh...these policies go beyond the school level. There's nothing we can do about it.

:groan:

But no worries...we'll be OK. No one will die will they?? :D

Ok...can I have my ice-cream now???? :D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #16
    ++ [ originally posted by Meow ] ++

Now Gray, buy me an ice-cream to calm me down will you???? :drool:
    Definitely. Just come back down to Aus and i'll be out there faster than you can say "cookies and cream + hokey pokey with visible hokey pokey pieces"

:D

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #18
    Okay, another bone to pick:

I went bowling with my mates the other night (most of which are of asian origin. This is important later). We played 4v4 and agreed that the losing team would pay for icecream (man, what is it with me and icecream?), since one of our other friends is a manager at a gelato place.

This was at about 23:30, so it's not like there were any other people around, so when we got into the parking lot, we went through the exit, since it's closer to the shop. Another car was on the way out, and we were totally not in its way, since the exit has 2 lanes. Nevertheless, the driver pulls down the window and says "It says one way. Can't you read the sign? It's in English".

:fero: Racism is the most archaic freakin idea that ever entered man's head :sigh:

Meow

Jun 8, 2003
    what was your response then?

You could have told him, with your perfect Aussie-accented English " Sorry Sir, I have no idea what you're talking about. You see, I do not know English."

I do that to my English-speaking friends sometimes and amazingly they got quite pissed off with it. :fool:

OP
    gray

gray

Apr 22, 2003
  • Thread Starter #20
    You do that to your friends in your perfect Aussie accent!? :eek::D

Yeah I was totally gonna shut him down if he hadn't driven off. There's so many things I could've said :sigh:

btw where'd Vicky disappear to? She said she'd always be posting here. Let's hear some ranting :devil:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)